• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrain911

I did the same lol. It was awesome though. I visited like 4-5 towns and planted every kind of fruit tree. Now I just need to steal a page from your book and start donating as much as possible.

I've been donating from the start but it feels like I'm missing out on a world of riches! Oh well, being a poor scholar suits me. lol You're lucky you've got every kind of fruit. I've only secured two so far. Also, is anyone else's hype for E3 kind of deflated because of New Leaf? I'm more psyched to play New Leaf than any of the pressers.

Sponge

Banned
3cpdoGR.jpg

Gettin' down.

My code : 1263-5551-2089

EST -4/-5 time zone . Will be looking to visit late and will have my town open late -- night owl ordinance when I can get it.

Already have many of you, thanks for adding, and I'm on the sheet. City name changed though, will be Potomac Mike. ( have GAF username in my NL bio )

Question: Is there any way to change the way villagers talk like in the first game? In the first game you could have the text scroll without the gibberish-y kind of talk.

Also what should I be doing with gemstones? I did not expect a rock to shatter...

Sol1dus

This is me. I have been really intent on building up my aquarium. Ill admit i am slowly getting into this game and spent about 6 hours with it yesterday. I wouldn't say that I am hooked yet, but I am definitely looking forward to getting home from work and checking out my house, seeing what is in the store, hanging out with some gaffers.

I guess my only real issue so far is the Free to Play feeling I get from the game. Even though I realize there are no paid DLC and it is a totaly self contained retail title, it just kinda has that feeling.

Free to Play stemmed from Harvest Moon which led also led to Animal Crossing. So in essence, F2P copies Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.

Scythian

I'm really enjoying this game, and I just finished my first fossil set:
tumblr_mo6m4kAkMP1rach0ao1_400.jpg

I have apples and I planted a few oranges, so I need every other fruit if you're willing to trade, you can also have some apples if you want :D

If anyone wants to add me my friend code is: 4554-0359-9661
Just shoot me a PM if you do!

I planted a tree and on the second day the sapling withered. Was I supposed to get a watering can and water it, or is it just a luck of the draw sort of thing?

how fast does grass wither when sprinting constantly through your town? And should you avoid sprinting if you're really paranoid about grass erosion?

I don't care about it growing back and I already know about flowers, i just want to know how much of an issue grass deterioration is.

newsguy

Damn, apparently no one told Poncho that I have a real job. he wamted to throw a getty at his crib at 9am on Monday! I rescheduled for 8:30, but wtf Poncho, get a life.

beta_fuse

Did anyone run into the error 018-0511 or 018-0512 when trying to join a friend's game? I haven't had any problems but my buddy can't join any games or have anyone join his game. I've read online that a few people are having this problem but there isn't a solution yet. Anybody run into this problem?

DeadNames

Banned
My Nookling Junction has a shovel and a catching net for anyone who needs them. I also have a few cherry trees left.

4854-6474-9774

Hey man, can I get the net?

Adding you now.

My FC is: 0490-5304-3052

Also, I have a shovel and fishing rod for those who need it. I have cherries too.

Also what should I be doing with gemstones? I did not expect a rock to shatter...

You can sell them or hold onto them - later the second Alpaca will help you use them in a special way.

I planted a tree and on the second day the sapling withered. Was I supposed to get a watering can and water it, or is it just a luck of the draw sort of thing?

You don't need to water them, but you need to plant them where they'll have space. They can't grow if they're right up against another tree, a river, the side of the map, etc.

Anyone have a net at their store? Got so many bugs in my town that I need to catch!

I have a net available for purchase, do you perchance have a rod? :D

SmithnCo

Bianca is my favorite neighbor so far. Gave me decent furniture in a letter and bought one of my flea market things.

Elise can eff off though.

Did anyone run into the error 018-0511 or 018-0512 when trying to join a friend's game? I haven't had any problems but my buddy can't join any games or have anyone join his game. I've read online that a few people are having this problem but there isn't a solution yet. Anybody run into this problem?

Is that the one where it errors when someone enters your town? I could enter someone else's, but it error'd when it tried connecting after someone entered my town when I had the gate open.

depths20XX

Damn, apparently no one told Poncho that I have a real job. he wamted to throw a getty at his crib at 9am on Monday! I rescheduled for 8:30, but wtf Poncho, get a life.

Damn, there's an animal named Poncho? That's my mayors name...Will have to get rid of him if he shows up in my town.

DeadNames

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Does anyone have a net or watering can available I have a shovel, fishing rod, and cherries.

My FC is: 0490-5304-3052

beta_fuse

Is that the one where it errors when someone enters your town? I could enter someone else's, but it error'd when it tried connecting after someone entered my town when I had the gate open.

With this error my friend isn't even able to make it into someone else's town. He connects tot he Nintendo servers, sees all available towns that have their gates open, yet when he clicks it, the page freezes and gives him the error message. It really is annoying.

Edit: That Majora's Mask is crazy cool!

Just added myself to the list although I don't have the game yet.

GAF: Midnight Moon
Name: Sukotto
Town: Miare (Finally figured out my town name, The French sounding Japanese name for Pokémon XY's hub city!)
Fruit: I don't know what I'm going to have yet...

Who wants to help me find a Pokémon avatar themed with New Leaf?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How does online work? Is it real time or asynchronous? Wondering whether it is better to have one game and let my kids share a slot (with me as the mayor of course), or let them have their own games (they might get 3DSes for Christmas)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Jealous! Majora's Mask is one of my most wanted. That and the Pikmin items. At least I got the Blue Falcon today.

Man you guys are lucky! I got the yoshi egg yesterday, and I am stuck at work (didn't bring my 3DS because I can't have distractions) so we will see what happens today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom