• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

With just shy of ten hours, this has become my second most played game on my 3DS (I've only had it for a few months and haven't had much time to play).

Already have enough to pay off my second house's loan, even though it's not done yet. My eyes burn, my wrists are tight...this game has me hooked about as intensely as the early Pokemon games did when I was younger.

RbUjquS.jpg

Well that's kinda dark...

STo1kSP.jpg

Shit got real.

4ynrHX5.jpg

Ooooooohhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaahh!!!

Ndayday

Neo Member
Anyone wanna hang out some tonight? I plan on staying up a few more hours and filling my locker with fish to sell in the morning. Or if your shops aren't closed that's cool too!

Ferrio

Banned
You go to Mabel to make a pro design (separate design for sleeves, front, and back) but it costs 500 bells, or you just click on the design and choose "wear". But in that case sleeves will use the same pattern.

I don't know why Nintendo didn't go crazy with slots for designs, only 8 again? you have modern memory now, you can go insane.

So is there anyway to design a shirt/whatever and present it up to someone? Or can you only wear the stuff you've designed?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) [Paperback]
Price: $12.38 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.
Usually ships within 11 to 12 days.

Seriously prima? Youre in a dying industry and you cant capitalize on the one of two games people want a guide for?

(other being pokemon)

If anyone needs pears I'll be on for another hour or so... accidentally shook a tree full of fruit and got nothing to do with them. Trades are welcome, of course! FC 2466-1909-8170

Labrys

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) [Paperback]
Price: $12.38 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.
Usually ships within 11 to 12 days.

Seriously prima? Youre in a dying industry and you cant capitalize on the one of two games people want a guide for?

(other being pokemon)

Another seller is selling for the same price and is shipping now. Mine is shipping tomorrow morning.

Labrys

Guys I think Flora wants the D.

tumblr_mo7q05IhV71qd867fo1_400.jpg

D....inosaur. Bones. Dinosaur bones. Give your fossils to her.

Chief asked me to change his catchphrase. I changed it to "buddy", because we're good pals now! He's probably my favorite villager in the town (but don't tell the others).

zroid

Banned
This is my first Animal Crossing and it took me all of 30 minutes to become hopelessly addicted. What have I been doing with my life this last decade.

13 hours on the clock.

It kept me entertained during the doldrums of Microsoft's and EA's press conferences. :)

mb.exe

I managed to catch one today. I ran away while furiously trying to select my net, and then managed to swing it right. Usually I cycle to the wrong tool and run out of time.

Some jerk moved in right next to me, and at the very edge of a bridge. REALLY SCREWING UP MY TOWN, DOG GUY.

Then I put 100,000 bells in the bank and was rewarded with a ... box of tissues.

RagnarokX

Got my house today...
BMaRAJCCMAAh5Ut.jpg:large

and then I paid off the loan for it.
BMcKdsoCUAASmUe.jpg:large

Katrina gave me a good luck fortune about friendship or something...
BMcKoizCQAEPqOc.jpg:large

and I found a perfect apple on one of my trees.
BMcKwk8CcAI60Hk.jpg:large

That must be some tasty bait...
BMdDvpACYAAkrHi.jpg:large

Betty

Banned
This is my first Animal Crossing and it took me all of 30 minutes to become hopelessly addicted. What have I been doing with my life this last decade.

13 hours on the clock.

It kept me entertained during the doldrums of Microsoft's and EA's press conferences. :)

Hooray! One of us! One of us!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Flora is also in my neighborhood but it's the first time seeing her speak with off grammatical punctuations :p

Labrys

What does it mean when a flower is sparkling.

Can I plant a perfect fruit to get a tree of perfect fruits?

It was watered.

And, yes, as long as it's your native fruit.

Anyway, I guess I'll post a few images:
tumblr_mo7s14tqad1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Raaaaccciiissst?

tumblr_mo7s8nlixF1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Thought she was annoying at first, but she’s grown on me.

tumblr_mo7s5inINZ1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mo7ryjrvn11r79ze4o1_400.jpg

I like Chief~

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Had a productive day. Paid off the first house and started the expansion, caught a bunch of fish and bugs, and got my approval rating up to 100. I think it's because I posted a message on the bulletin board to the effect of "Sup animal homies. This is your mayor, nay, your God. Tread lightly..." :p

Also got a couple of the balloon items while hanging out around the beach slope by climbing up and hitting the balloon with my net. Got the lamp and bed. My Nintendo item was a ? block. Meh.

Lionel moved into his house today too, but all his stuff was still packed up, so I'm looking forward to seeing what his decorations look like.

Really digging a lot of the night music:
11 PM

12 AM

1 AM

4 AM

Kind of disappointed I won't hear 4 AM all that much :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Do animals give you quests in this? I talk to all the animal friends and they haven't given me a quest to do.

Yeah, occasionally they'll ask you to do stuff like deliver presents or arrange a house meet-up.

To add to this, if they invite you to their house, they will let you buy something that's in their house (at least it's been like that for the three times I've done it). Groucho let me pick anything both times he invited me, but Flurry said no to a couple things. I'm not really sure what determines what they'll let you pick.

Sometimes villagers will also come up to you if you have an item that they want and either pay you or trade you for it (could be anything, furniture, a fish, a bug, whatever).

"...saplings planted by rivers... will wilt and die."

...THAT WOULD'VE BEEN NICE TO KNOW BEFORE I PLANTED ALL THOSE NON-NATIVE FRUIT TREES BY THE WATER

How am I supposed to catch the balloon presents? My net won't reach them and they don't seem to get stuck in trees like they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom