• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refugio

A couple of the animals came to my house today. Didn't really do anything except laugh at my poorly decorated home. Seemed like a waste of time.

tumblr_mo7t7ekOWx1ro6idko1_400.jpg

Room's light off but Samus Mask's Light is on!

Looks cool. :eek:

Unicorn

Why won't it let me put Nintendo items up in Re-Tail?Perfect way to try and make the big bucks, but they somehow insist on the archaic trading of WW of drop and pray then pick up and boot them.

ALM5252

Has anyone caught the chasing bees? I wanna know when to pull the net out, they always seem to catch up to me, lol.

I caught them my first day after being stung a few times. Didn't know I could use the d-pad to switch to the net so easily. Anyways, I use it when they are kind of close.

Kangi

I haven't listened to most of the morning/afternoon music, but 7 PM, 11 PM, and 1 AM are my favorite hourly tracks so far. 7 PM especially.

Unicorn

7 PM actually annoys me the most. First AC game to have an hourly song actually annoy me. I think mainly because the looping is so blatantly obvious when it restarts.

I haven't listened to most of the morning/afternoon music, but 7 PM, 11 PM, and 1 AM are my favorite hourly tracks so far. 7 PM especially.

The fact that the music changes every hour on the hour is an amazing design choice. Easily one of my favorite things about this game. Has it always been like that?

Jamxd

Anyone know if the 3DS save transfer tool works with new leaf?

I'm looking to get a shopto physical copy (UK) early and then transfer my save across to a digital version that I'll get with the so many games promotion (am I alone in this?)

I did everything possible. I played all day, watered all my flowers, caught like six sharks, and my approval rating is 89%. My house gets built tomorrow. Guess I'm waiting another day to do mayor stuff.

Edit: also, I was playing at 1 AM, and when I ran, I tripped a couple of times. What's up with that?

Labrys

Oh yeah, I read something about that on the bulletin board. How does it work?

Not a time traveler, but you're assigned a bug to catch, and the goal is to catch the biggest bug of that species. You can submit multiple bugs, and even catch bugs before hand and store them until Saturday. You're competing against the villagers.

I was playing at 1 AM, and when I ran, I tripped a couple of times. What's up with that?

Bad luck. Certain clothing items have bad or good "luck".

RagnarokX

I did everything possible. I played all day, watered all my flowers, caught like six sharks, and my approval rating is 89%. My house gets built tomorrow. Guess I'm waiting another day to do mayor stuff.

Edit: also, I was playing at 1 AM, and when I ran, I tripped a couple of times. What's up with that?

There is a luck statistic that is randomized every day. You must have bad luck today. Luck affects tripping and finding rare bugs/fish/items. Luck can also be affected by certain clothes, furniture, and Katrina.

Acid08

Banned
I kind of hate my villagers.

I have:
Violet
Dizzy
Chrissy
Bertha
Pierce

I only like Pierce and Chrissy. Thankfully Lobo is moving in :)

Also, custom NHL jerseys! I'm the Shark.

tumblr_mo7rahSXIw1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

this is my first AC and I kinda feel like I wasted money on it :/

mostly wanted to play it this time of night while I fall asleep but all the fucking shops are closed and theres nothing to do unless I want to cheat. Really dumb.

Salsa

mostly wanted to play it this time of night while I fall asleep but all the fucking shops are closed and theres nothing to do unless I want to cheat. Really dumb.

not dumb, whole point of the game!

try to make a night owl town later (keeps shops open for longer)

or visit towns from other timezones

Labrys

As Salsa suggested, later you'll have the chance to make your town a "Night Owl" town. This means your villagers will stay up later, and your shops will stay open longer.
If you, say, change your schedule and you start to play during the day, you can retract that ordinace and make your town any other type of town (Bell Boom, Early Bird, Beautiful).

Just change the in game clock to a few hours behind real time. Time traveling sort of ruins the experience, but I can see an excuse for setting an alternate time if you keep it consistent.

ameer

Neo Member
Day 3: Requested a extension to my first house (98,000 bells!), got a 100% rating and my development permit is in the mail..

I also got Big Bro's Hat, Big Bro's Stache, Wario's Hat, a cool Frog hat and a Block! I made my own t-shirts to match mario, wario and the frog hat :D

Does anybody play at around 6-9pm (GAF time) with their gates open? Please add me! (My nook store has a shovel, rod and a harpsichord!)

Ameer - 124688702182

Salsa

So yeah, this is the best 3DS game.

I can't really compare it tho

like at this point i'd just buy a cheaper handheld that had my Animal Crossing town built in and could get nothing else

like this but with AC:

Donkey%20Kong%20II%20SWF.png

it's just portable heaven, not that much of like, a portable game

im not making myself clear but whatev

the only thing that sorta bums me out is that the aspect that draws me the most is still the collectibles. Im gonna be sad when I get all (or even most) of them :(

Rokam

Opinions on getting this for my 9 year old niece? I think the only 3DS games she owns are Mario games. My last gift a few years back was an extreme hit (Epic Yarn), need to top it.

GcRayden

Yesterday I got a medal for completing 50% of my fish encyclopedia. I've only been playing for two days and I have not time traveled...seriously already 50% ??

I hope the other 50% is more spread out between seasons because if not, then this game just got a lot shorter for me, since collecting fishes is one of the things I love to do most...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom