• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinabina

Opinions on getting this for my 9 year old niece? I think the only 3DS games she owns are Mario games. My last gift a few years back was an extreme hit (Epic Yarn), need to top it.
My 7 year old loves it. Was playing mine too much, had to get her her own.

Kokonoe

Banned
I can't really compare it tho

like at this point i'd just buy a cheaper handheld that had my Animal Crossing town built in and could get nothing else

like this but with AC:

Donkey%20Kong%20II%20SWF.png

it's just portable heaven, not that much of like, a portable game

im not making myself clear but whatev

the only thing that sorta bums me out is that the aspect that draws me the most is still the collectibles. Im gonna be sad when I get all (or even most) of them :(

All I know is that I'm having more fun with this than I did with Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Mario Kart 7.

Salsa

well, house renovations that wouldnt let me upgrade my house (ugh) are here

tumblr_mo8140tcFw1sv134do1_400.jpg

new fence (grass) and walls

not really feeling it but i'll change it eventually

also as you can see Tortimer showed up and told me I can go to the island tomorrow morning! gonna recruit a gaf crew

edit: my mom sent me a letter with a robo-clock!

tumblr_mo81hyO3F81sv134do1_400.jpg

edit2:

tumblr_mo81mrQ5j61sv134do1_400.jpg

ok shit best start of a day ever

Kiryu

well, house renovations that wouldnt let me upgrade my house (ugh) are here

tumblr_mo8140tcFw1sv134do1_400.jpg

new fence (grass) and walls

not really feeling it but i'll change it eventually

also as you can see Tortimer showed up and told me I can go to the island tomorrow morning! gonna recruit a gaf crew

edit: my mom sent me a letter with a robo-clock!

tumblr_mo81hyO3F81sv134do1_400.jpg

edit2:

tumblr_mo81mrQ5j61sv134do1_400.jpg

ok shit best start of a day ever
Where do you live? Australia? I can't wait for mine to start my best day as mayor too!

cluderi

Anyone else having trouble with that image sharing page?

3ds browser just gives me "communication error" whenever I try to scan the QR code or go to https://I.nintendo.net on my 3ds browser.

Suspect my router but the 3ds connects to the net ok, bought AC digitally fine and Internet tests on the machine say its connecting fine.

Salsa

FFFFFFUUUUUCK I didnt know you had to plant bananas on the beach and now all my trees are dead :( :( :( :(

the price I pay for not looking at guides and wanting to be surprised by the new stuff

Kangi

Some forewarning. You can't put a public works project near your house. And by "near", I mean "within a bloody mile of".

Sigh.

ameer

Neo Member
Day 3: Requested a extension to my first house (98,000 bells!), got a 100% rating and my development permit is in the mail..

I also got Big Bro's Hat, Big Bro's Stache, Wario's Hat, a cool Frog hat and a Block! I made my own t-shirts to match mario, wario and the frog hat :D

Does anybody play at around 6-9pm (GAF time) with their gates open? Please add me! (My nook store has a shovel, rod and a harpsichord!)

Ameer - 124688702182

anyone?

Kangi

What the fuck? I might restart, my house is in a location where I hoped to put a bridge.
That was my plan.

"This is too close to your house, mayor!" I move upstream. "This is too close to your house, mayor!"

I was past my neighbor's house before she twitched her little nose and said I could build the bridge there... it wasn't far from my existing bridge at that point.

Tiu Neo

Man, I'm addicted.

Yesterday I was lucky, and got something like 7 sharks in under an hour. Now I'm rich :D

Today morning I finally got my 100% town rating (got stuck in 97% yesterday), now I'll have to wait for my permit. Can't wait to get back home and play some more.

...man, maybe I need some help.

FFFFFFUUUUUCK I didnt know you had to plant bananas on the beach and now all my trees are dead :( :( :( :(

the price I pay for not looking at guides and wanting to be surprised by the new stuff

It's a fine line between playing in ignorance and totally blowing it. I still like the surprise of not knowing, though. Sometimes...

Razorskin

----- ------
Yesterday I got a medal for completing 50% of my fish encyclopedia. I've only been playing for two days and I have not time traveled...seriously already 50% ??

I hope the other 50% is more spread out between seasons because if not, then this game just got a lot shorter for me, since collecting fishes is one of the things I love to do most...

This, or give me some free DLC fish Nintendo.

Animekatt

be fast

press the button exactly as soon as it baits

listen to the sound cue

Yeah I noticed this too after I failed to catch 12+ sharks lol. I close my eyes so I could just listen to it.

Just booted up my game, Tortimer is here! Man I can't wait to start swimming. I'm about to check out my house expansion, and start my mayor duties.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah! MLG Animal Crossing Fishing!

iVJRnEeWiGFi3.JPG

Why, thank you, Kapp'n.

ibpmADkYCNHbH3.JPG

About time I found a Gyroid! It's an awesome Sputnoid at that.

i9OfQBz8UozYf.JPG

Why can't I hold all these perfect apples?

iAisLGeRLpMJN.JPG
ibaGkvkONqeOg8.JPG

taoofjord

For some reason the time and date got messed up on my 3DS but I didn't realize it until I booted up Animal Crossing for the first time. The game asked me of the time was correct and I said no and changed it within Animal Crossing. I've been having fun for the past two days but now I realized that when I set it in Aimal Crossing it didn't fix the system's time! Another reason why Nintendo sucks with OS and overall utility.

Anyway, now that I set the system time correctly (it was moved back a day) I'm worried that it messed something up in Animal Crossing. My first house was to set to be completed this morning. When i loaded it up a couple min ago it sort of just started me in the new house. Did I miss some kind of ceremony or event for the completed house?

etrain911

What exactly is considered running? Is it when you hold down the "B" button or does tilting the analog stick the whole way count? I don't wanna ruin my town's grass!

Went from 19% to 100% approval rating yesterday by talk, talk, talking to everyone. Some of the conversations started to get a little strange though...

tumblr_mo894suEjn1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Tenck

Its made by Nintendo though, so they shouldn't have let you set it in-game if it didn't fix the problem and potentially creates new ones down the road.

There's no reason why changing the game in-game should mess up your hardware's Time. And could have been avoided if you managed your OS clock correctly.

And the only problem it caused was you time traveling.

taoofjord

There's no reason why changing the game in-game should mess up your hardware's Time. And could have been avoided if you managed your OS clock correctly.

And the only problem it caused was you time traveling.

It should have because that was what was implied. You are being overly defensive. Whether I set the 3DS system time incorrectly or not is beside the point (I don't think I did). Animal Crossing seemed to offer a simple fix and instead it fixed nothing and created confusion. The game's worst enemy is something that breaks the immersion of its world and this did exactly that.

Proven

when the ballons drop on the edge of a hill onto a beach (where im at), they get low enough that you can pop em with your shovel/bug net

this one was just out of reach by a hair :(
This is a good tip.

Anyone have tips on catching a shark?

Other fish, I catch just fine. Sharks, I can't snag at all.
If you're still have trouble, just fish a lot. And a lot. And a lot more. Your reflexes will automatically improve.

Tenck

It should have because that was what was implied. You are being overly defensive. Whether I set the 3DS system time incorrectly or not is beside the point (I don't think I did). Animal Crossing seemed to offer a simple fix and instead it fixed nothing and created confusion. The game's worst enemy is something that breaks the immersion of its world and this did exactly that.

It implied to change the time in the game. Didn't say a thing about changing OS time.

And I'm just questioning how this had anything to do with Nintendo's OS. You blamed them for something that isn't even a problem on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom