• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabuki is officially my favorite villager, holy shit.
BWEJf1i.jpg

He has to be bros with Snake.

Labrys

Oh nice! So the only reason to reset is to get different villagers.

Well, not exactly. If you reset you will lose that town layout, and may have to reset to get it again.

It's kinda confusing, and to be honest you have a 1/303 chance of getting a villager. I don't think anybody wants to reset 300+ time for Bob.

Well, not exactly. If you reset you will lose that town layout, and may have to reset to get it again.

It's kinda confusing, and to be honest you have a 1/303 chance of getting a villager. I don't think anybody wants to reset 300+ time for Bob.

You may be underestimating some people here.

Did you mean Kody, perhaps? There's a Kody, but no Cody.
YxLPpDg.jpg

His name's Idaho in Japanese, for some reason. And people were whining about name changes...
Oops yeah I meant Kody my mistake :p. But I'm just glad he is back.

Omg yissss. Gonna be crossing my fingers and hope he is in my village day one

javac

Are the creation tools deeply integrated in the game? I hope it's not hard to design stuff since I got lots of cool ideas :D

It's not 1/303 though, it would be however many villagers you start with (what is it like 3?) out of 303... That's how probability works ;)

Still be very bad odds, but not nearly THAT bad.

What do people consider a bad layout really? lol

If you want to see a bad layout, I can get you a picture of my City Folk town.

The bridges and ramps are about as far from each other as possible... so if you want to get to the bottom level of the opposite side of my town, you more or less half to walk twice the distance of what it'd be if it was a straight line.

Robin64

I'll pick one of the four presented, but I won't reset beyond that. I can't see there being "bad" layouts this time, in that you can build your house wherever you want, you have publics works to fill up the outdoors, bridges to build.. And every town gets waterfalls.

javac

Even if you don't get a certain villager at the start that person could 'join' later right? I'm guessing some are more rare and more sought after then others.

Submitted mine! Since Onett and Fourside were taken, I settled on Tazmily. If you add me, please PM me so I'll know and I'll add you back! I might (might as in probably) not do much Swapnote stuff, due to being busy with school, but that might change once I'm out of school.

Really can't wait for New Leaf though, too bad I have to work late next weekend, but by 4-4:30, I should be playing New Leaf! Really having trouble deciding on an Ordinance, though. Early Bird seems like it'd be useful, but both Bell Bloom and the Green one also seem like they'd be really useful...

Labrys

Even if you don't get a certain villager at the start that person could 'join' later right? I'm guessing some are more rare and more sought after then others.

Yes, if you build a
campsite
animals will visit and you can encourage or discourage them to move to your town. Also, if an animal is moving out of someone's town, they have a chance to move into your town if you're friends with them.

Alright, I added my FC, and everything except my town name, which I'm still not sure of. I have around 6 spots free on my friend list from before, so first come first serve I guess. Looking forward to playing with you guys! :)

SmithnCo

Yep. I bet you could convince someone to 'give' you them too. Go to their town and be nice to that villager and they could move to your town.

Acid08

Banned
What exactly makes a layout good or bad? I've never put that much thought into my starts :lol. Just take what I get and roll with it.

Labrys

I might actually end up resetting if I don't at least get one villager I want :/

Or who knows. I'll probably be too lazy to do that.

I can say I would /really/ like some villagers *cough* Jacques, Lucha *cough*, but if I get a really nice town I don't think I'm gonna reset for them. I just want to play already!

Lucent

If you want to see a bad layout, I can get you a picture of my City Folk town.

The bridges and ramps are about as far from each other as possible... so if you want to get to the bottom level of the opposite side of my town, you more or less half to walk twice the distance of what it'd be if it was a straight line.

Yeah I think it sounds like "bad layout" is a layout that's not so good for efficiency/productivity based on that.

I imagine some people would want their towns to be unique and any layout could be cool if you just wanted to focus on the look of the town and not necessarily how fast you could hit the beach to grab shells or something and run back to the store to pawn them. lol

javac

Yes, if you build a
campsite
animals will visit and you can encourage or discourage them to move to your town. Also, if an animal is moving out of someone's town, they have a chance to move into your town if you're friends with them.

Yep. I bet you could convince someone to 'give' you them too. Go to their town and be nice to that villager and they could move to your town.

Sounds...dubious. Brb creating propaganda posters to ridicule everyone in this thread and create a smear campaign. :p

Sordid

Could I be changed to R on the list? I doubt I'll be encouraging my villagers to have potty mouths but it's best to stay safe!

I added a bunch of UK/Euro folks before I got tired of adding codes:

KennyLinder
javac
Senator Soufflé
Samurai_Heart
Robin64
FlynnCL
-GJ-
nin1000
Capell
SodaBeam
MicH
Tattooth
Jo Shishido's Cheek's
Pixel Warrior
shengfs
BGBW
DeadRockstar
MasterBalls

Add me back if you have room :) 3539-9248-0902. If anyone else wants to add me too feel free :)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So excited, can't wait until next weekend. Bought the 3DS primarily for this game.

Do you all prefer the rolling log style world that is feature in every game after the GC version of Animal Crossing? The acre system of the GC version sounds like it makes managing the amount of trees you need for a perfect town a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom