• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

I need at least one grump in my town.

ax9wIZM.png

XaosWolf

Man it's going to be so good going back to Animal Crossing.
I didn't play City Folk, so it's been a while.

Hopefully I can bump into Jay, Wolfgang and Peanut - especially Peanut - again and it can be just like my very first AC town. =D

Looking at this OT has brought an immediate smile to my face and made me realise how much I'm looking forward to revisiting.

Can't wait to jump into some Gaffer towns as well!
HELL YES MY COPY IS FREE, THANKS NINTENDO

SmithnCo

Are there any advantages or disadvantages in haveing a certain layout or is it just for personal taste ?

Mostly taste, though there are some benefits... Like shops' proximity to each other and stuff. Not a huge deal. I mostly want a decent river/beach setup.

Labrys

Holy shit. I just saw Kabuki on the Animal Crossing wiki and I want HIM in my TOWN.

Edit: He's not in New Leaf. Damn. :(

44V9chw.jpg

Silly! Of course he is.

I would pay money for Jon and Arin to come into my town and destroy it, then I'd preserve a copy as a digital backup and charge people money (bells) to visit the town that the game grumps shat on. CAPITALISM HO!

I as well!
really i would pay a lot to just meet them i honestly look up to them a lot oh no there goes the "i'll never be friends with them" brb crying

zigg

I'm still not really clear based on that diagram what the actual towns look like. I suppose I've been watching too little video to get a good feel for it.

javac

So in this game does the 'train' randomly generate when you start your save for the first time? If so I guess people will try again and again until they find a good one? I wonder what is an ideal setup.

Sleepy

So in this game does the 'train' randomly generate when you start your save for the first time? If so I guess people will try again and again until they find a good one? I wonder what is an ideal setup.

Yes, but you can change towns on the train. No need to reset.

XaosWolf

So are people setting their Friend Codes in the list for preparation, or have some gotten it already?

Also need a new leaf symbol to slap over my avatars eyes. Luigi hat doesn't fit the new one. =/

Tiktaalik

So what's the deal with Mr. Resetti in this game? You have to buy the Reset Centre for 368,000 bells otherwise no Mr. Resetti. I know that some folks found Mr.Resetti frightening, and that's a reasonable reason to have him optional in the game, but it's a bit silly that we have to pay for the service now. They should have designed an option during the initial setting up of the town or something like that and then auto added him in from the start.

From what I've read this is my only real complaint about the game so far.

SmithnCo

So are people setting their Friend Codes in the list for preparation, or have some gotten it already?

Also need a new leaf symbol to slap over my avatars eyes. Luigi hat doesn't fit the new one. =/

Preparation, though some lucky souls have review/Japanese copies. So it'll be fun on launch to visit many towns.

Philia

I've not added my FC either because I've yet get my bundle! :) Feel free to input you other info and get with me later with your FC OR you can leave it empty for pm/privacy purposes.

Labrys

:/ really? Cody was my favorite but I'm glad Biskit is back at least. Thanks

Did you mean Kody, perhaps? There's a Kody, but no Cody.
YxLPpDg.jpg

His name's Idaho in Japanese, for some reason. And people were whining about name changes...

The 4 maps aren't randomly generated right? Thanks :D

They are generated from the previously posted list, yes. Each time you reset you'll have 4 different maps to look at.

zigg

Gonna repost BGBW's awesome Gif for Philia =D:
tumblr_mnpzyqVIA71qzp9weo1_400.gif
I shared this with her already, but this made it to Tiny Cartridge over the weekend.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/51886389818/because-it-really-does-look-like-a-poptart-the

Ugh. Game comes out in 12 days.

What is everyone doing to pass the time?
This thread.

Alternative mean answer: thinking about how awful it would be if I had to wait 12 days instead of 7.

Also, wistfully booting up Wild World from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom