• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very successful day today. Got my permit and started hoarding bells to upgrade my house and build a bridge. You can make money fairly quickly via the island, but not so quickly it feels cheap, it still takes time. Selling fruit in other towns has netted me a lot of money too. Hopefully tomorrow all my fruit trees will finish growing and I'll have an orchard for more capitalist scheming!

Dares

Connection dropped but the pictures still keep the memories...

BMhtOpeCQAEcBdM.jpg:large

BMhtVstCUAAvMlv.jpg:large

BMhtdNlCYAAhc4_.jpg:large

Ohh Kap

BMhs8liCAAEIiI9.jpg:large

So meta

BMhtGrpCYAAZu-Y.jpg:large

Zidy

Gonna open my gates up for a little while. I have peaches in my town for anyone who needs em. FC is 1091 7736 4782. PM me if you want to drop by and bring your town's fruit if you could be so generous.

Socreges

Banned
AFAIK my villager has been living off fortune cookies for the last three days. I guess I could feed him a cherry, but I don't think I can afford to throw away 500 bells like that.

How do we upload our pictures from the 3DS? Do I have to take out the SD card?

Proven

Photos of outfits I've been making. It's entirely too easy to look silly in this game.

tumblr_mo9aelVOBR1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

Outfit #3. And I still need a slingshot

tumblr_mo9agdHRI71qay6wzo1_400.jpg

Outfit #4. I’ll show the first two later. They aren’t as garish.

A BIG FAT BLACK SPIDER RAN AT ME AND KNOCKED ME DOWN!

I woke up at my front door not knowing what happened.....

I had something similar. I was actually tracking it, and my net missed him by a pixel. At that point he jumped at me.

I awoke in front of my house with no superpowers.

Raven77

Originally Posted by Eteric Rice: View Post
My code is 0731-4748-3885!

Whats yours? :O

Originally Posted by Coquette: View Post
Oh wait I found it!!

2552-0543-6311

I added yours! Now what? :D

Sorry. I haven't done this in a loooooong time.

Originally Posted by Raven77: View Post
Hi GAF, a few days in on my town and would love some friends to play with:

3668-8115-9737

I have cherries!...CHERRIES!!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tenck: View Post
Added you. Here's my code.

4811-7199-0681

Originally Posted by Cbajd5: View Post
I've got peaches and I'd be happy to give you some if I can sell some at your Re-Tail.

4382 - 1972 - 3127

Originally Posted by Socreges: View Post
Sounds good to me. I could do the same?

0430 - 8422 - 7386

Originally Posted by fleck0: View Post
I think accidentally sold my watering can when unloading some fish. Does anyone have a spare one in the shop? I also have a bunch of apples, and no pears or cherries

1676-3687-1464

Originally Posted by iiicon: View Post
I've seen a grand total of one shark since Sunday, and I whiffed on catching it. Do they only come out at certain times and under certain conditions?
Added all of these. Still haven't been to anyone else's town! I know its kind of a pain to go and open the gates every time though. You can't sit in the mayor's chair while they are open either.

4313-0588-8609

Added everyone.

Thanks.

3668-8115-9737

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
- why does my character repeatedly trip over himself?
- Why did my watering can dissapear from my pockets?
- I seemed to be stuck at 99% approval rate. Any suggestions?

I will start playing online this weekend for sure. New Leaf has been awesome so far!

Salsa

So I just read that in order to get the axe you need to upgrade the Nookling store, which means you need to spend 12k bells at the place and the earliest you can make it is a week after your town's creation. I WANNA CHOP STUFF NOW.

I think it's like either spending 12k bells or buying 20 things or something

Ezra2680

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I can't make my own threads yet. Hoping some here ran into this and was able to fix it.

So I downloaded Animal Crossing: New Leaf when it came out on Sunday. Since then I have not been able to access any of the ingame features that use wifi. This includes traveling to friends towns, having friends come to mine, and retrieving spot pass gifts at the post office. I can access my wifi everywhere else, such as the e-shop, internet browser, friends list, and even in my other game that has wifi (Street Fighter).

I tried following Nintendo's guide to manually setting my IP settings on my 3DS XL, but it still continues to not work. At the train station, I get error code 001-0803 which appears to mean that it cannot connect to the access point. This doesn't make sense since I can connect to every other thing that uses wifi, even other games. At the post office it just scans for a while and then the lady tells me that an error occurred and it cannot connect.

I have a TP-Link N750 wireless router. Model TL-WDR4300. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try? Also I'm using a 32gb sd card. Don't think that would be relevant, but you never know.

Skiesofwonder

Seriously, does your guys character trip over himself/herself all the time? Mine sure as hell does. I look like a drunk sailor out there trying to fulfill my mayor duties!

Neonsands

Neo Member
A BIG FAT BLACK SPIDER RAN AT ME AND KNOCKED ME DOWN!

I woke up at my front door not knowing what happened.....

I was just coming here to talk about this. I was walking around and saw what appeared to be a patch of dead flowers or something. I got closer and it turned at me. I freaked out. Still caught it, but oh my lord was I scared.

Anyways, got Majora's Mask on my first day and was sooooo happy. My friend had Redd come so I visited him and got a painting, and Gulliver washed ashore for me today. Mentioned Viking related stuff. Hoping he sends me a cool viking related bit of furniture.

This game has me hooked =P

Seriously, does your guys character trip over himself/herself all the time? Mine sure as hell does. I look like a drunk sailor out there trying to fulfill my mayor duties!

Really? I think that's a characteristic of your guy's personality, or something related to bad luck?

I forget, so someone needs to confirm this but I haven't seen that yet with mine!

Thanks for all the fruit SeZMehK, I'll get you back in bells later. You came at a bad time as I had just paid off the third house upgrade and was getting ready to go to dinner :D

I was an idiot and planted the coconut trees with the rest of the bunch though. I need to go dig those up because they will be useless.

womp

My wife's little chick is tripping all over the place and it is cracking her up. I told her she must have a case of bad luck. I think it wears off in a day...If I remember my AC lore...

Skiesofwonder

Really? I think that's a characteristic of your guy's personality, or something related to bad luck?

I forget, so someone needs to confirm this but I haven't seen that yet!

Well that is horrible then... Maybe is has to do with the fortune cookie I ate? It did say something negative... But I tripped over myself like none other. Sometimes I couldn't even make it off the beach without falling on my face at least three times. And I got stung by a ton of bees.

My wife's little chick is tripping all over the place and it is cracking her up. I told her she must have a case of bad luck. I think it wears off in a day...If I remember my AC lore...

That's pretty hillarious if true. Might also explain my water can disappearing from my pockets.

Proven

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I can't make my own threads yet. Hoping some here ran into this and was able to fix it.

So I downloaded Animal Crossing: New Leaf when it came out on Sunday. Since then I have not been able to access any of the ingame features that use wifi. This includes traveling to friends towns, having friends come to mine, and retrieving spot pass gifts at the post office. I can access my wifi everywhere else, such as the e-shop, internet browser, friends list, and even in my other game that has wifi (Street Fighter).

I tried following Nintendo's guide to manually setting my IP settings on my 3DS XL, but it still continues to not work. At the train station, I get error code 001-0803 which appears to mean that it cannot connect to the access point. This doesn't make sense since I can connect to every other thing that uses wifi, even other games. At the post office it just scans for a while and then the lady tells me that an error occurred and it cannot connect.

I have a TP-Link N750 wireless router. Model TL-WDR4300. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try? Also I'm using a 32gb sd card. Don't think that would be relevant, but you never know.
Did you try telling the 3DS to automatically find the router and input the password first? It sounds like you went straight to manual setup and got screwed up along the way.

If the 3DS can't connect to the access point then it's not talking to your router at all, based on the information you've given me.

Maybe try switching your router to mixed b/g/n if it's not already? I think a few DS games were only able to use wireless-b even though the DS itself could connect to G

dunno if that's whats happening here but i'd try that

Well that is horrible then... Maybe is has to do with the fortune cookie I ate? It did say something negative... But I tripped over myself like none other. Sometimes I couldn't even make it off the beach without falling on my face at least three times. And I got stung by a ton of bees.

That's pretty hillarious if true. Might also explain my water can disappearing from my pockets.

I also ate a fortune cookie and got stung a couple times/bitten by mosquitos and my dude trips a lot too. I actually just assumed it was normal

Mairu

Picked the game up on Sunday but I haven't had much time to play. I haven't even played an AC game since the GC one! Do the fortunes have any purpose or is it just waste if you don't get a lucky ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom