• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

Just bought the shit out of this on eShop after the Smash trailer. My first Animal Crossing, hopefully I like it!

I'll delve into the multiplayer and friend code sharing once I figure out how this game actually works.

I remember thinking it was kind of dumb in my first play, yet I didn't put it down...

Now I'm up at 1:00 am watering my flowers, and I'm actually excited to wake up early to see if my house is ready.

This game...

I have so many more people to add D:, FC suck.

beanman25

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some online time in. My internet has been messing up and not letting me connect most of the time.

Loving the game though. Went with pretty town for first ordinance. Also, Mott started unpacking boxes today!

Eyothrie

If they put the item in their inventory it gets added to a catalog which is unlocked not too far into the game. Through this catalog the item can then be bought by the person.

So, yeah. If they wear it then give it back they can buy it for themselves later. For most items. Generally, the Nintendo items won't be for sale.

dang.. i grabbed a friends Majora Mask and he wore my Link cap...

I remember thinking it was kind of dumb in my first play, yet I didn't put it down...

Now I'm up at 1:00 am watering my flowers, and I'm actually excited to wake up early to see if my house is ready.

This game...

I have so many more people to add D:, FC suck.

Haha, I'm a terrible late riser. I love AC because it makes me actually want to wake up at a sane hour.

Socreges

Banned
Is it futile to try and stop villagers from moving in on my side of the river? I'm doing my best to segregate, but they're not cooperating.

blamite

I have no idea what to do with this mango. :eek: Can I plant it anywhere or does it need toe ont he beach? I don't want to end up just wasting this...

So what are the rules for planting successful coconut trees again? Do I plant them in the sand on the beach? Or do I have to place them near the cliffs near the beach, but in grass?

Foaloal

So what are the rules for planting successful coconut trees again? Do I plant them in the sand on the beach? Or do I have to place them near the cliffs near the beach, but in grass?

Plant them in the sand

Edit: Unless things have changed from the older games...

Well today I finally unlocked ordinances and public works projects! Started work on another bridge immediately and set the ordinance to night owl. 17 hours in and I still love this game.

Tomorrow im going to the island for the first time. Imma be rollin in bells.

Eyothrie

Well today I finally unlocked ordinances and public works projects! Started work on another bridge immediately and set the ordinance to night owl. 17 hours in and I still love this game.

Tomorrow im going to the island for the first time. Imma be rollin in bells.

how to unlock the island?!

steveovig

Got my town rolling, Newmania and I'm having a blast visiting other people's towns. I've already got bananas, apples, pears, and oranges. I also met some people from GAF. Here's my Friend Code again, feel free to add me...

4983-5043-3463

Crumbtiny

Man, tomorrow's a big day for my town. Night Owl ordinance gets enacted, latest renovations get completed on the house (and I can buy the third expansion) and AND!! I can finally go to the island!

how to unlock the island?!

Step 1: Upgrade to a House

When you first start the game, you live in a tent. Pay off your loan to upgrade to a house. You have to live in a house before you can go to the island resort.

Step 2: Talk to Tortimer

After you upgrade to a house, the next time you play, Tortimer will appear instead of Isabelle in the start-up screen. After this, go down to the dock on your beach to find Tortimer standing there. Talk to him and he'll tell you about the island.

Step 3: Wait a Day

After you talk to Tortimer on your dock, you have to wait until the next day. Then, go to the dock again. Kapp'n will be there in a boat.

Step 4: Pay Kapp'n to Take You to the Island

To go to the island resort, pay Kapp'n 1000 bells. Then you will hop into the boat and he will take you to the island.

bennyc12

7KYHbeE.png

Kapp'n's songs were my favorite thing about Animal Crossing on the Purple Lunchbox. Glad to have them back.

Chucker

Hay Crossing Gaf! Does anybody have a Hero's Tunic or Varia Suit? I have some game related items I could trade, like Blue Falcon, SS Dolphin, or a Warp Pipe.

I'm working with second hand information, that's what my friend told me. Can anyone confirm? Still, even 2 hours would be nice.

It's three.

here's some confirmation: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Town_Ordinance

Added you Magic Man!! My bags are packed, when are we departing?! :)

edit: 5284-2336-6820

Tomorrow since stuffy ol tortimer wont let me voyage to his island paradise until tomorrow :(

Lol animal crossing is the best and worst thing ever because you're always waiting for something to happen and it sucks.

And how does one go to enacting this Night Owl ordinance? i mean, i could look at a faq but that isn't as fun as hearing it from the folks in here.

Once you get your development permit at town hall by reaching 100 percent approval rating and also owning a house (or at least have payed off the down payment). The following day you can access ordinances as well as building public works projects.

Crumbtiny

And how does one go to enacting this Night Owl ordinance? i mean, i could look at a faq but that isn't as fun as hearing it from the folks in here.

once you get your approval rating to 100%, build your first house, and then wait a day for your ...uh mayor permit then you can select a ordinance and a public work. the ordinance will go into effect the next day.

Proven

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I can't make my own threads yet. Hoping some here ran into this and was able to fix it.

So I downloaded Animal Crossing: New Leaf when it came out on Sunday. Since then I have not been able to access any of the ingame features that use wifi. This includes traveling to friends towns, having friends come to mine, and retrieving spot pass gifts at the post office. I can access my wifi everywhere else, such as the e-shop, internet browser, friends list, and even in my other game that has wifi (Street Fighter).

I tried following Nintendo's guide to manually setting my IP settings on my 3DS XL, but it still continues to not work. At the train station, I get error code 001-0803 which appears to mean that it cannot connect to the access point. This doesn't make sense since I can connect to every other thing that uses wifi, even other games. At the post office it just scans for a while and then the lady tells me that an error occurred and it cannot connect.

I have a TP-Link N750 wireless router. Model TL-WDR4300. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try? Also I'm using a 32gb sd card. Don't think that would be relevant, but you never know.
Gonna post this one more time to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

A 3DS that works well for simultaneous connections, SpotPass, and StreetPass, with the glaring exception of Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom