• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg i somehow must have sold my watering can on accident

how long till i can get it again? flowers are wilting like crazy in my town

i had gotten it from isabelle as a gift

Can't you go back to her and she'll give you another one? I thought I remember hearing that from someone in a similar situation.

I got it from her as well and haven't seen one in my town's store yet either. All I get is a shovel and net.

I think I must've made over 100k in my two island runs. Sharks, rainbow beetles, mass fruit selling, Napoleonfish etc... definitely worth checking out if you're hurting for bells. I paid off the 98k expansion and now I'm trying to get money for my public works project.
Yeah, the island is awesome. I was making 150k runs yesterday evening/night, because the nighttime critters (beetles, emperor butterflies, and the occasional shark) are worth quite a bit with the bell boom ordinance in place.

Almost up to a million bells on my 6th day in town. I wonder how much it costs to fully upgrade the house.

Edit: @ below, I believe you gain access to the island around day 4. As for the bin, that's how you transport items from the island to the town.

Picked up one of the 3DS XL limited editions with New Leaf, giving it to my daughter later today. Local shop had a few of them, I thought people said they were sold out?

beta_fuse

So, how does one access the island? Also, what is the bin on the dock for?

Once you get a greeting from Tortimer on the 3rd or 4th day (at least that's what it was for me), he will let you know that starting tomorrow you can access the island from the dock. I'm not sure what the bin does but if I have to guess it is to transfer over what you caught on the island to your town.

And then what? Will some sort of event happen or do I need to trigger it doing something else?

Tortimer will show up when you start the game — Isabelle introduces him when she does her usual spiel. For me, it was the morning after I paid off my first loan. He says he wants to meet you by the dock. Meet him there and he says you can go to the island the next day. The game walks you through it.

Dragoshi1

My island is open, and my Bell Boom Law is a GO!

Time to rake in the bells!

And a big F U to Kidd for moving his house in 5 FEET FROM MINE, right on top of my newly sprouted ORANGE AND PERFECT APPLE TREES.

Linius

Any Dutchies in this thread who have the game already? I know Bart Smit at Utrecht Central Station is selling today, 45 euros is the price.

gerudoman

Once you unlock Resort Island you do it for all players? I'm now able to visit it but playing as my sister the captain isn't in the dock. Maybe you can just visit it once a day?

Forkball

MORE RAIN. Trying to finish that public works project. Supposedly more stuff unlocks a week after your first one, so try to pump out something quickly.

Also I could always use more AC friends. 3093-7419-3828

MrDaravon

Should I wait to start planting trees and flowers until all the neighbors move in? Seeing a lot of people saying villagers moving in are messing their plans up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So do residents chip in with public works projects or is it entirely up to you? I know other players can also contribute.

They chip in, but not much. I've seen ~500-1000 bells per day.

It might be affected by how much you donate, but I haven't done any proper testing.

Kreven

So do residents chip in with public works projects or is it entirely up to you? I know other players can also contribute.

Residents also chip in, but it's not really of any great help. I didn't notice exactly how they donated to my bridge, but they paid a few hundred bells at most during the 2 days it was in construction.

They might be able to pay a good chunk of simple projects like lamp posts, but that would mean leaving the project ongoing for days and not being able to start any other project in the meantime. Not worth the wait IMO.

beta_fuse

But can this game get any better? I'm thinking about it all day at work here, it's killing me. I know that my island is ready to be explored but I have to wait until lunch break at least:(

Forkball

I was in Re-Tail selling something, and a villager walks in. She get's a little "OH" expression and I talk to her, saying she wanted to buy something I put up in the flea market. I tell her she should buy it and she pays me outright for it. GAME OF THE YEAR.

Speaking of that, where does the money you make on the flea market go? Reese says she will deposit it into your savings account, but one of my friends bought some stuff in my market and I don't think I got the money unless it randomly dropped into my cash on hand. I checked my account at the bank and it said I had no money to withdrawl. Does it take a while for the money to show up?

K' Dash

Hi guys, now that PAL land is joining us I'll let our FCs here, mine and my Girlfriends:

Pam : 4828-4239-7994
Dash: 0318-6957-0602

Please send me a PM if you add us, so we can add you back.

My island finally opened up, and got so many fish and bugs, as well as a banana and lemon. I'll have to come back later after my stores open.

Cant believe my 40 year old self is liking this game. lol
Please Add me 3265-5845-3779

Ha, I just turned 35. I just get taken back to a time 25+ years ago.

Added btw.

My code is 1263-5551-2089. I'm working from home today, if anyone adds me, can add back fairly quickly. No island yet though, tomorrow.

vientown

Neo Member
Hey guys, I was undecided for the longest time about whether or not I was going to order physical or digital. I've now ordered my physical copy from Shopto and it's been dispatched as of around...8 minutes ago. I'm from the UK so I'm just using their Royal Mail First Class service, but I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive it.

TL;DR, Does anyone know how long an item from Shopto takes to arrive after dispatch?

FillerB

Hey guys, I was undecided for the longest time about whether or not I was going to order physical or digital. I've now ordered my physical copy from Shopto and it's been dispatched as of around...8 minutes ago. I'm from the UK so I'm just using their Royal Mail First Class service, but I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive it.

TL;DR, Does anyone know how long an item from Shopto takes to arrive after dispatch?

From their site:
UK
Royal Mail First Class
On dispatch to you can expect to receive your order within 1-3 working days.
Royal Mail First Class (Signed For)
On dispatch with you can expect to receive your order within 1-3 working days.
TNT ‘Next Business Day’
On dispatch you can expect to receive your order the next business day (Monday –Friday).
DPD ‘Next Business Day’
On dispatch you can expect to receive your order the next business day (Monday –Friday).

Also friendly tip: The "TL;DR;" stuff really isn't necessary.

TeegsD

So should there be a central thread revolving around the Stalk Market. People post their prices for the day and others can visit to sell turnips; Or members can sell turnips between each other. Would that warrant an entire new thread?

vientown

Neo Member
Also friendly tip: The "TL;DR;" stuff really isn't necessary.

Alright! Sorry, I just didn't want to bore you. I was actually hoping for some people with genuine experience though, just to see what end it was more likely to arrive on (1 or 3 days).

Thanks for your help though!

Mik2121

I haven't read the whole thread but... we need some NeoGAF swag in here! Anyone has done the "Official NEOGAF Shirt"? Maybe we could try a few designs and post them here? I will give it a try now.

Beelzebub

I have a Cat named Katie who randomly showed up.. wants me to take her to another town. Can someone open their gates?

I also have the island boat today so I want to do that after if anyone wants to join.

0301 9784 1517

Mik2121

I have a Cat named Katie who randomly showed up.. wants me to take her to another town. Can someone open their gates?

I also have the island boat today so I want to do that after if anyone wants to join.

0301 9784 1517

The island boat is there everyday (after it first shows up, that is)

Animekatt

My island is open, and my Bell Boom Law is a GO!

Time to rake in the bells!

And a big F U to Kidd for moving his house in 5 FEET FROM MINE, right on top of my newly sprouted ORANGE AND PERFECT APPLE TREES.

I feel you. :(

Colton had to move RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...
jbzJBpdYjt2fEz.jpg

I have a question about the island medals, do they save if you leave the island? I have 18 medals, and my trunk is full and I'm thinking of heading home.

Woke up to awesome stuff:

- My application went through so I can start public projects and ordinances. Started building a cobblestone bridge on the west side of my town (my town has a river going right through the middle and there's only one bridge right in the center - inconvenient when trying to go to stores - gonna build one on the east side as well) and instituted the Early Bird ordinance.

- Tortimer was introduced this morning so I can go to the island tomorrow.

- Found black roses growing randomly. Pulled them up and planted them by my house, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom