• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta_fuse

Does anyone have or has anyone seen the neighbor Bill (my avatar)? I have yet to see him!

Also for those who have gotten the fruit from their island, can you plant them to make trees out of them in your town or are they strictly an island fruit?

Mik2121

Man... gray and orange look so bad in shirts... lol.

My first public works project will be....a suspension bridge. Other villagers will pitch in with donations, right?
As Delicious Waffles said below, yeah they do, but barely. I have had a bunch of public works and I actually tried leaving one of them for a couple days sitting there and I got a few hundred bells added to it, that's it. When a public work costs over 80k bells, that's nothing.

So yeah, just assume you're going to pay it all by yourself.

MicH

Can't believe I still don't have this game! It feels like ages ago since the US got it :( Tomorrow at midnight is still too far away

Mudo

Sorry my town hasn't been open since day 1 - I gave all my apples away on that day and they just grew back this morning! I'll probably open my gates again tonight if anyone wants apples.

A question regarding the BUG-OFF thing this weekend - how does it work? I read that previous AC games rated the bugs you caught based on several parameters. When you catch a bug it tells you how big it is but I can not for the life of me find that information anywhere after that first notification. Do I need to be keeping the biggest things I find? anything I find? I'm just confused about it lol.

Pau

So should there be a central thread revolving around the Stalk Market. People post their prices for the day and others can visit to sell turnips; Or members can sell turnips between each other. Would that warrant an entire new thread?
I'm surprised less people haven't been posting their prices.

In my town Reese is buying them for 116 each. That's the highest I've seen so far. Everything before has been in the 80s. :/

Mik2121

Sorry my town hasn't been open since day 1 - I gave all my apples away on that day and they just grew back this morning! I'll probably open my gates again tonight if anyone wants apples.

A question regarding the BUG-OFF thing this weekend - how does it work? I read that previous AC games rated the bugs you caught based on several parameters. When you catch a bug it tells you how big it is but I can not for the life of me find that information anywhere after that first notification. Do I need to be keeping the biggest things I find? anything I find? I'm just confused about it lol.

If I were you, keep a bunch of bugs and try to remember the sizes.

Then go to the guy that takes the bugs and start giving the bugs to him starting by the smallest one. That way you'll be improving the best score all the time and get a bunch of items (at least the fishing tournament works that way).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any way to avoid having people move to a particular spot? Any way to get rid of villagers?

Use rare/expensive bugs to your advantage

Erudite

Ugh... Third day in a row that store has been selling a Shovel and Fishing Rod.. Worried that I won't get a net in time for Saturday.. Anyone have a spare net in their town by chance?

beanman25

Another villager is moving in RIGHT next to me. Crushed an orange tree I started to grow. Atleast no one can move in front of me because I'm right in front of a cliff.

Took my first trip to the island for 10 minutes before I had to do errands and came back with some foreign fruit and a couple of sharks!

Crumbtiny

Just got access to the island (whooooo!!) but curious what times the island is available.

Can you go late at night? Or only during the day?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you make clothes designs and whatnot that don't repeat? Trying to make certain shirts looks super stupid with repeating patterns.

Tattooth

Hey guys, I was undecided for the longest time about whether or not I was going to order physical or digital. I've now ordered my physical copy from Shopto and it's been dispatched as of around...8 minutes ago. I'm from the UK so I'm just using their Royal Mail First Class service, but I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive it.

TL;DR, Does anyone know how long an item from Shopto takes to arrive after dispatch?

99% it will arrive tomorrow.

daydream

Banned
After a few restarts, I gave up on waiting for Cousteau. Only had the time to play for an hour (had an appointment), but now I'm back and I know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.

I have apples btw and Reese is buying a turnip for 121 Bells right now (if that is a decent price in NL, I dunno).

gimz

just got the game today, and finally i have started playing animal crossing again after all these years!!

set up my tent, and everything, and now the problem is since i started playing it at 10pm, and its 11:40pm over here right now (in Asia), all the shops and stuff are closed... and i would really want a net or fishing rod right now so i can start playing with my town!

so please! if anyone's town is available to open and let me get some gear ready!? i will give you peaches!

Pau

just got the game today, and finally i have started playing animal crossing again after all these years!!

set up my tent, and everything, and now the problem is since i started playing it at 10pm, and its 11:40pm over here right now (in Asia), all the shops and stuff are closed... and i would really want a net or fishing rod right now so i can start playing with my town!

so please! if anyone's town is available to open and let me get some gear ready!? i will give you peaches!
I have a fishing rod and I think shovel at the shop right now. I already have peaches (it's the local fruit here) but feel free to stop by! :)

FC: 2836 0201 5411

gimz

I have a fishing rod and I think shovel at the shop right now. I already have peaches (it's the local fruit here) but feel free to stop by! :)

thanks

since i haven't touch my 3ds for a looong time... does fc follow by the console or game?
where can i find mine? x)

I'm going to just leave my 3DS open here on my desk while I work. Hoping no Resetti today, though haven't tried since Day 1. :)

I left 9 oranges and 1,000 bells at the entry, first come first serve on the bells, try to leave oranges for others.

1263-5551-2089

Never mind about the clothes design. Now I have another question. Can you make custom designs on caps? Or can it only be those weird bandanna looking things?

SodaBeam

Neo Member
Woo hoo EU New Leaf arrived early today!! :D

3DS -> Poptart system transfer is sloooow though. Does it copy the Swapnotes too, or are they on the SD card? (And if they are, should I have backed them before the transfer? :/)

Edit: also, I'm still looking for more people to play with, I'm GMT+1, no time travel. FC: 4038 - 6011 - 1358. Let me know if you add me!

Meier

Hey guys, any recommendations for a decent case for a 3DS XL? My fiancee is looking for one for her new AC 3DS. She bought one from Amazon that had great reviews but the thing is an absolute monster and is far too big to carry around in her purse (probably more of a "travel case." She saw one via Kotaku that looks good but it's $50 so if anyone has any personal recommendations for one between $15 and $50, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Edit: Has anyone used this one? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003QWYX8E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Can't you get bigger houses?

I mean, actually bigger rooms. I've seen houses with multiple floors, but they all seem the same size.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey guys, any recommendations for a decent case for a 3DS XL? My fiancee is looking for one for her new AC 3DS. She bought one from Amazon that had great reviews but the thing is an absolute monster and is far too big to carry around in her purse (probably more of a "travel case." She saw one via Kotaku that looks good but it's $50 so if anyone has any personal recommendations for one between $15 and $50, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Edit: Has anyone used this one? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003QWYX8E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Pull & Go Folio cases are awesome. It's a big case, but the pouch for the system is detachable for when you just want to carry the system and a couple games. I got mine at walmart for ~$15.

ramyeon

www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo/nintendo-3ds.php

I use the City Slicker one and it's fantastic. Great quality and design. It's close to your 50$ limit at 49$ though.

Refugio

Got another fire flower from the fortune cookie. What bad luck.

Turnips are 199. Little better than last time so gives me hope a big price is about to come.

Sats

Banned
In my town, Re-tail is currently buying turnips at 498 bells.

I'll be opening my town in a minute.

Just an fyi.

Leave a present if you are nice~

Pau

Hi, I'm trying to find someone with an open gate! added you :)

0301 9784 1517
Okay, just gotta close the gate to add you. If anyone else wants to add me before I reopen it, let me know! I also have access to the island so maybe we can head out there for a bit.

In my town, Re-tail is currently buying turnips at 498 bells.

I'll be opening my town in a minute.

Just an fyi.

Leave a present if you are nice~
Oh damn. :O Can I add you?

Mr. Robot

Fun fact: "Isabelle" is named "Canela" in the spanish localization, "canela" is the spanish word for "cinnamon", and it is a play on words on canine...

I love the localization of the game, and can't deceide whether to play it in spanish or english, they both have great humour and different takes on jokes.

Meier

www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo/nintendo-3ds.php

I use the City Slicker one and it's fantastic. Great quality and design. It's close to your 50$ limit at 49$ though.

Yeah, that is the one she watched the little video review of on Kotaku. Really sharp but a bit pricey. I told her it'd probably be okay since she'd use it for 5+ years in all likelihood but if there is a nice alternative that ladies can recommend (for carrying in a standard handbag) that'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom