• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah still no Watering Can at Nooklings, another day of shovel and rod. If anyone has access to a spare, hit me up.

1676-3687-1464

I've also got oodles of apples to give out and my resort island opened up if folks want to check that out. Pretty proud of my Tailor too, can't wait for QR codes

tumblr_moaj83oSup1rsdaj7o1_400.jpg

Question about pro designs: I've made a couple so far. Can other people see them in their game? How did you get those unique pro designs to replace the generic ones? Are they your's or someone else's?

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Huge update from me:

I RELEASED A COELACANTH

I had just caught one in my friends rainy day, and ran up to show it off. I happened to mistap, and released it off the bridge in his town.

I have never felt so crushed. And to just make it burn a little more, both my friend AND my fiance caught one after me. Feels terrible.

SO. I ask that, during one of your sea fishing runs, you release a lowly Sea Bass off your bridge for me, in mourning and remeberance. And for good luck too, pray you never have the misfortune of being dumb enough to release a 2% appearance fish on fucking accident.

In other news I nabbed a Blue Falcon and Pikmin, both p.cool. My fiance got the Hero Pants and thought they were stupid, until I showed her they were part of the Link outfit. Managed to pay off my house each day now, but I can't make a 198k payment today with an ordinance and some shopping happening, but that's alright. I'm sitting pretty nicely right now.

Gah still no Watering Can at Nooklings, another day of shovel and rod. If anyone has access to a spare, hit me up.

1676-3687-1464

I've also got oodles of apples to give out and my resort island opened up if folks want to check that out. Pretty proud of my Tailor too, can't wait for QR codes

tumblr_moaj83oSup1rsdaj7o1_400.jpg

Keep asking Isabelle for advice and complete all of the activities she recommends, she will give you a watering can once you do everything.

Vibranium

Banned
Well, I'm sending out Pm's to get more friends. I went to a gaffer's island the other day and got the wetsuit, I haven't unlocked the actual place yet myself!

Quick question regarding Redd the art dealer, is there any way to know if the paintings he sells are fake or is it a straight up gamble? He gave me a tip that I could look around the paintings using the camera so I was wondering if that was a hint by the game.

Also, how do you guys take pictures in AC and upload them to the internet, if I may ask?

Ghost23

I feel like I'm not playing the game right. I'm literally just collecting stuff, sell it at retail, repeat until I have money for some equipment and my house. Is there a way to hold more items than what your small bag can hold?

Marvie_3

Banned
I feel like I'm not playing the game right. I'm literally just collecting stuff, sell it at retail, repeat until I have money for some equipment and my house. Is there a way to hold more items than what your small bag can hold?

There's actually an awesome way to hold more items. Fill up your letter pouch(incoming/outgoing mail) and you can use the letters to hold 10 more items. You can't hold fish in the letters though.

Question: if I buy 2 3DS can I play this with my wife? Not sure how the multiplayer works ...

Yes. You have the option of playing people online or in the same room using local wifi.

fleck0

Keep asking Isabelle for advice and complete all of the activities she recommends, she will give you a watering can once you do everything.

I need another can. I accidentally sold the free one in a fury of fishmongering.

Question about pro designs: I've made a couple so far. Can other people see them in their game? How did you get those unique pro designs to replace the generic ones? Are they your's or someone else's?

Yeah that's my shop, visitors to your town can see your designs and wear them out if they want to. To display a new design just hit 'A' next to one of the mannequins and Mable will open up a dialogue window.

Gigglepoo

I complain about Peaches every day, fill her mailbox with trash, and even stood her up when we made plans. And she still won't move out! Anything else I can do to make her life miserable?

dkeane

And if you weren't aware you can stash stuff in the locker at the train station. And you can buy furniture to access that also.

Liberty4all

Banned
There's actually an awesome way to hold more items. Fill up your letter pouch(incoming/outgoing mail) and you can use the letters to hold 10 more items. You can't hold fish in the letters though.

Yes. You have the option of playing people online or in the same room using local wifi.

thanks. In general does the 3ds offer good multiplayer experiences? For reference years ago we played guild wars together and had a blast. Looking for that kind of "fun".

looking at vita and 3ds right now, can't decide which system to get (I do have a ps3 and plus).

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Afternoon gentlemen,

Terribly sorry if this has already been answered - I'm getting New Leaf from the so many games promotion, shall I assume that Nintendo won't email the code until later tomorrow? I was hoping to get downloading from midnight but I doubt that will happen.

Scoot2005

Banned
Will be buying this tonight. Will tide me over until my giant list of preorders start rolling in starting in August. Fuck I spent so much money o.0

I need another can. I accidentally sold the free one in a fury of fishmongering.

Yeah that's my shop, visitors to your town can see your designs and wear them out if they want to. To display a new design just hit 'A' next to one of the mannequins and Mable will open up a dialogue window.

Awesome, thanks.

Ghost23

Do you guys usually sell your unused furniture and items? I have a bike and a vintage camera that I don't really want, but I'm not sure if it is smart to sell them to Retail.

Go ahead and sell them. And in case you regret it, you can always buy them again once you unlock the Catalog.

Took a ton of bananas from my island and planted them all along the beach. Let's see how many survive...

Do you guys usually sell your unused furniture and items? I have a bike and a vintage camera that I don't really want, but I'm not sure if it is smart to sell them to Retail.

If it's particularly cool I save them for random gifts when I go visiting. Otherwise there's no downside to selling them.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member

Oh no, you're doing just fine. That's how the game works. Where it really shines is when you can get some shops upgraded and tricking out your house. It gets to be pretty fun.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Quick question regarding Redd the art dealer, is there any way to know if the paintings he sells are fake or is it a straight up gamble? He gave me a tip that I could look around the paintings using the camera so I was wondering if that was a hint by the game.

Yes, you can tell if they are fake or not in this game.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art/

Zoom in with camera and look for the details mentioned on that page. I've had Red only have 1 real piece 2 weeks in a row (first week he had 2 real).

Acid08

Banned
I complain about Peaches every day, fill her mailbox with trash, and even stood her up when we made plans. And she still won't move out! Anything else I can do to make her life miserable?
I'm doing the same with Bertha right now. Get out of my town you hippo fuck.

If anybody is looking to add people, here's my code: 4596-9608-6492

I tend to visit towns and write letters to your citizens, be warned! :p

I wonder if anybody from the towns I've visited has posted a picture of one here yet

mattchuuu

Neo Member
And if you weren't aware you can stash stuff in the locker at the train station. And you can buy furniture to access that also.

It cracked me up when I opened my retro refrigerator for the first time and up popped my storage inventory of clothes and gems. One lemon though, so there's that!

Roto13

Zoom in with camera and look for the details mentioned on that page. I've had Red only have 1 real piece 2 weeks in a row (first week he had 2 real).

Awesome. I will be using this.

Though it wouldn't have helped me yesterday when fucking Eugene sold me a fake-ass painting for 8k bells. I sent it back to him with a letterful of threats.

Sometimes it seems like ignorance is best for the unwanted animals.
After a while they will say they will pack up and leave, to which you say "see ya!"

Coquette

K' Dash

Hey guys, I have an arwing I'd like to trade for something Metroid or Majoras Mask related, I'll leave our FCs here again:

Pam : 4828-4239-7994
Dash: 0318-6957-0602

Please send me a PM so we can add you back :)

It cracked me up when I opened my retro refrigerator for the first time and up popped my storage inventory of clothes and gems. One lemon though, so there's that!

Oh crap should I be saving those gemstones I find?

Also Nooklings refuses to sell anything I fucking need or want :/

And the Able Sisters today had nothing but skirts and dresses... I'm a guy.

Elija2

Blathers had a messed up childhood...

uXpr8wR.jpg

I have a question though. Sometimes Labelle sells certain hats and tells you "if you want to look like a [insert occupation here] then you should buy this" that is specific to that item. What's the significance of this? I figured it might be important because for some items she doesn't say this.

mattchuuu

Neo Member

THAT is really badass.

Oh crap should I be saving those gemstones I find?

Yes! You don't have to, but eventually you'll be able to customize furniture with these gems implemented. I saw one emerald desk that was entirely emerald. That guy in re-tail who has been sleeping for about 48 hours straight (for me) is supposed to be involved. WAKE UUUUUUUUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom