• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

Door's open!

tumblr_moao0wmLJO1rsdaj7o1_400.jpg

woah i didn't even know there were lychees in this game

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So what's the best way to visit towns on GAF? Just got this game, looking to get an axe and net. And seashells.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just added my details to the spreadsheet. Definitely looking to play with people!

Are Gamestop, Toys R' Us, and Best Buy the only retailers carrying the Animal Crossing 3DS XL? No locations near me appear to have any in stock. Any online retailers carrying them?

Third party sellers on eBay and Amazon are price gouging.

I just thought about something : even if I receive my 3DS XL Animal Crossing tomorrow from Amazon (EuroGAF here), I can't play the game it until midnight since I'll have to transfer my old 3DS data to my new XL...and then the game will be gone on the new console.

And I won't be able to download it again, since it would still not be available until the 14th so... yeah, I'm kind of screwed in any case and will have to wait until the official release date. 1 day and a few hours left... :(

Is this confirmed?
I thought it would show up in your Eshop download list regardless, can anyone in the US who got the XL early confirm if its able to download or not?

Problem with only adding East Coast -4/-5 Night Owls is nobody is around when you work from home. :)

Anyone else with an open town at the moment?

0301 9784 1517

FC: 2836 0201 5411

got it :)
my FC: 2664-2106-5668

1263-5551-2089

1461-6362-7984 if you want to meet up or whatever.

FC: 1075-1837-6682

I'm adding you! 3952-7033-3602

0061 0397 5628

3239-2769-8151

3780-9866-9404

3411-1156-6504

4596-9608-6492

Pam : 4828-4239-7994
Dash: 0318-6957-0602

Added all of these. It feels like cheating doing this when there is the master list, and I keep telling myself I'll go back to it, but really its intimidating now. Its almost to 400 people. My code: 4313-0588-8609

Want to thank everyone that I've had the pleasure of meeting so far. Its always been a good time and I can't wait to see what things will be like once everyone has free reign over their town as far as projects go and once houses get bigger. Right now even though its mostly fruit-swapping conventions theres already been cool stuff like design-swapping.

Can you add as many best friends as you want? If so I'm just going to add everyone I run into.

So what's the best way to visit towns on GAF? Just got this game, looking to get an axe and net. And seashells.

After exchanging friend codes you can go to the train station and choose to visit "a faraway town". If the friend has their town gates open it will show up on the list as a place you can visit.

Lexxism

Here's an interesting good news..

Nintendo has told investors today that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has boosted sales of the Nintendo 3DS in the United States by at least 4x versus the previous week. Animal Crossing: New Leaf has also set a digital sales record in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. The adorable game launched Sunday, June 9th in the United States.

Nintendo saying animal crossing boosted US 3DS sales by 4x versus prior week and set digital sales record in eShop

Meier

Not a 3DS XL case per se but I (also a lady) bought a simple padded makeup bag that was just the right size for the XL and a few spare carts. It wouldn't protect it from being run over by a car but it keeps it from getting scratched from bouncing around inside the bag I carry every day.

I brought the 3DS to Target and just tried on different bags until I found one that was the right size. I think it was about $10 and they have plenty of styles that aren't overtly girlish.

Nice suggestion! I'll mention this to her as an idea. I think that's all she's looking for (it not getting scratched in her bag). When we traded in her pink DS lite, the guy from Gamestop marveled at the condition it was in.

Dragoshi1

Just in case you guys didn't know, you can get more exotic fruit aside from the two the island comes with.

Sometimes when you are in one of the minigames on the island, you'll see fruit.

In my example; My island had Bananas and Lemons.

During the Ore minigame, I saw some Coconuts. Grabbed them while doing the minigame, and I got to keep them.

Overall, I got 4 different kinds of fruit on my island + some minigames.

Kenai

Got everything planted now except bamboo, persimmons, and durians. I'm hoping that pretty soon I'll be able to have a hub for anyone starting out to get enough for their own orchard. I think I'll open the town up soon for a bit since my peaches are out again.

3523-2059-4138

Also, I have a spare spino torso and dimetrodon tail, spare Triple Red Shells, and other random stuff if anyone would like. Particularly interested in anything from the Rococco set or Katie set, but there's a lot of fossils I don't have too. If you are interested lemme know so i can put it aside, or yell when you come into town

What's the best ordinance to use?

If Grass Day is in the U.S. version, Beautiful is a good law for September for that, but the rest of the time it's really about what suits your playstyle best. You can change it anytime (although it's 20k bells each time you do).

Just in case you guys didn't know, you can get more exotic fruit aside from the two the island comes with.

Sometimes when you are in one of the minigames on the island, you'll see fruit.

In my example; My island had Bananas and Lemons.

During the Ore minigame, I saw some Coconuts. Grabbed them while doing the minigame, and I got to keep them.

Overall, I got 4 different kinds of fruit on my island + some minigames.

I had a villager give me a banana as a reward for helping them out too. So I guess there's a lot of ways to eventually get things. The island sounds really cool, I'll just have to wait for Kapp'n to show up.

Where can you view details about that "island club"? The thing where anyone on the internet visits or something.

Roto13

I had a villager give me a banana as a reward for helping them out too. So I guess there's a lot of ways to eventually get things. The island sounds really cool, I'll just have to wait for Kapp'n to show up.

Where can you view details about that "island club"? The thing where anyone on the internet visits or something.

One of the things you can buy for medals (won in minigames) on the island is a Club Tortimer membership that lets you do Island stuff with random internet strangers. It doesn't show up every day and it's pretty expensive at 50 medals.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So for the island i just have to wait for tortimer to show up? I just paid off the 40,000 loan.

So for the island i just have to wait for tortimer to show up? I just paid off the 40,000 loan.

When you start up the game, Isabella will introduce you to Tortimer before the game loads. You'll find him on the dock...and he'll tell you to wait until tomorrow to go to the island. The next day, you'll find Kapp'n and his boat. 1,000 for a round trip.

Tunic

Finally had a visit from Tortimer today. Should be heading to the island first thing tomorrow! Can't wait! Also got the kart today with my fortune cookie.

B-Dex

I got access to my island today. SOO GOOD. Got Lemons, Bananas, Durians and Mangoes. The mini-games are pretty fun although I think they give far too few medals. Earned enough for a sailor hat though!

My town is now brimming with island fruit trees and bananas line my beach.

Also my 1st home expansion is complete and I finally have space for more of my furniture!

Will be updating my tumblr soon.

etrain911

I thought the only way to get Nintendo items in this game was buying the Fortune Cookies, but I've just bought the Makore mask in the Able Sisters.

I was able to score the Luigi and Mario hats there too. I think you get a better chance with the fortune cookies, but there isn't any exclusivity.

Did that with persimmons. I got a coconut from Daisy for some favor, but I want to line my beach with banana trees (which look nothing like actual banana trees)

How are you people so far in the game in so little time? I mean, if you're not time traveling.

Fishing helps with money while I'm planting my peach orchards. Especially when you catch sharks that are worth over 10,000 bells a pop. Getting my second house expansion tomorrow, and finished my first Public Works project: a campsite. Next is another bridge, but I want the Modern Bridge.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Oh, I see! I'll get on that! Just got foreign fruit from her.

Yeah, finish up and you can also snag a Net or a Rod.

In other news, can anyone tell me if, when building bridges, I can either:

A) Change the other bridge in my town to the same style as the second, or
B) Get rid of my first bridge?

I love the suspension bridge, but I refuse to have one wood and one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom