• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Man...I just started, and I've played a little bit (almost got my first 10,000 bells to pay off my down payment), but I'm really not satisfied with my town layout at the moment. I chose a bad location for my house (a bit too close to a pond), and my bridge is located on the opposite side of town from the recycle place, so getting there from the beach, or anywhere on the south side of the river for that matter, is a pain. =/

Should I just start over, or can I A. move my house and/or B. build a new bridge at some point?

You can build another bridge. I wouldnt start over, it's hard to be 100% satisfied

what is wrong about building your house next to a pond anyway? mine's 2 feet away from the river

I need advice on combating the urge to start over after becoming fairly well established because I thought of a new town name/concept.

Help me. Please.

I get this in every Animal Crossing. Dont do it, it'll happen again

I need advice on combating the urge to start over after becoming fairly well established because I thought of a new town name/concept.

Help me. Please.

To each their own I suppose, but me personally, restarting kills the longevity of the game. You'll tell your self, "I'm only gonna do it this one time and thats it" but once you dabble in the dark magic that is resetting you'll find your self looking for more and more excuses to reset. Part of the magic of game is ruined if you start to reset I feel.

Also, is the tools you're able to buy from nooklings junction always the same? Since the first day in my town, there's only been the shovel and fishing rod. I need the other tools still. :( (minus the watering can)

I get this in every Animal Crossing. Dont do it, it'll happen again

Shit, you're probably right.

It's just that when I think about it I feel like I'd change just about everything about my town, from the layout to my character's face. But yeah, I'd probably get that feeling no matter what I did.

Chucker

I'm gonna run around as Majora Link.

BMlsjt9CYAAfla6.jpg

Had the boots and legs for a long time, just got the clothes.

Still looking for Varia Clothes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just got the game. Is there any advantage to selling things to Nook now? Re-Tail seems to give better prices on everything.

To each their own I suppose, but me personally, restarting kills the longevity of the game. You'll tell your self, "I'm only gonna do it this one time and thats it" but once you dabble in the dark magic that is resetting you'll find your self looking for more and more excuses to reset. Part of the magic of game is ruined if you start to reset I feel.

This is probably true. Once I accept that I can restart if there's something bugging me I'll be able to find fault in just about everything. My town is great. It's unique, I think. I'll try not to worry about it so much.

Is it possible to add slopes leading down to beaches that don't have them later on?

Curious about this myself. I can't access my top-right beach.

no :(

my inaccessible beach will remain that way forever, unless you've got a wet suit

I dont have your FC paulita, gonna check the list

Edit after Sals'as response: I guess it can be like a private beach that can only be swam to...thats neat I guess.

Added you by the way, Salsa

Salsa

Is it possible to add slopes leading down to beaches that don't have them later on?

no :(

my inaccessible beach will remain that way forever, unless you've got a wet suit

Add you both! :)

And so jealous of all of you who already have nice houses and furniture that matches. I've got this random assortment of shit. :c

I dont have your FC paulita, gonna check the list

My guidebook just came in! It's much better quality than what I expected.
527 full-color pages fit into a book that's about the same thickness of an OG 3DS. So this thing is crammed with stuff. I don't think I saw any open space whatsoever.
The cover under the dust jacket is really cute, too.

It's got some good lists (though the neighbor list is only names and details separated by species -- no individual pictures here), details all the events, etc. Can't tell if anything's missing from it though as the game's only just come out. It's nice that it shows some of the JP and EU exclusive DLC.

It's Prima but the only errors I've found are mispelling Lloid's name as Lloyd every time he's mentioned (even when accompanied by a screenshot including his name).

There's a code inside for an online searchable item database but I haven't checked it out yet.

For $14 or whatever I'm happy with it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You didn't save once all day?

That has happened to me in Pokemon after I got used to PC games auto-saving.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
My guidebook just came in! It's much better quality than what I expected.
527 full-color pages fit into a book that's about the same thickness of an OG 3DS. So this thing is crammed with stuff. I don't think I saw any open space whatsoever.
The cover under the dust jacket is really cute, too.

It's got some good lists (though the neighbor list is only names and details separated by species -- no individual pictures here), details all the events, etc. Can't tell if anything's missing from it though as the game's only just come out. It's nice that it shows some of the JP and EU exclusive DLC.

It's Prima but the only errors I've found are mispelling Lloid's name as Lloyd every time he's mentioned (even when accompanied by a screenshot including his name), and the prices for just about everything are wildly incorrect. They list "value" so I assume it means Bells but regular Sharks are definitely not worth 60,000 Bells.

There's a code inside for an online searchable item database but I haven't checked it out yet.

For $14 or whatever I'm happy with it.

This. Anything on why this is would be wonderful. I just don't understand.

huh, how did it crash?
It just said there was an error and it quit.

You didn't save once all day?

That has happened to me in Pokemon after I got used to PC games auto-saving.

I haven't been playing all day, probably about 2 hours, but no. I was on the Island for the first time and I'd gotten all kinds of rare fruit and animals in my basket and I was gonna do the Ore Hunt one last time to buy some pants and it crashed.

Now I lost my Link pants, hopefully the items will all be the same in the shops D:
image.php

Seriously what happened? Do you have the game digital or as cartridge (possible SD Card failure)?

Cart.

I'm sort of basing my town theme on...what would happen if a bunch of eccentric animals decided to live on top of the ruins of a lost, technologically advanced prehistoric civilization. I don't think that's too esoteric.

wtf?

unless you were in multiplayer then that's pretty worrisome

I had just done two Ore Hunt games, and signed up for my third. I went to sit on the chair, the boat started making its announcement, and a message came up saying there was an unexpected error and the game had to shut down.

Salsa

I had just done two Ore Hunt games, and signed up for my third. I went to sit on the chair, the boat started making its announcement, and a message came up saying there was an unexpected error and the game had to shut down.

damn

i've been on the island doing tours on my own all day with no issues

sounds really weird to have that happen in single player

The guide shows total value. Re-tail pays a percentage of total value. 20%, I believe.

Yes! Found it.

Value: The item's suggested retail value (in Bells). Items typically sell for 1/4 of this value at Re-Tail.

I can't think of a reason why it would show suggested retail value though since you can't sell fish anywhere else that I know of (besides Nookling's but there's not much point), can you?

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Yes! Found it.

I can't think of a reason why it would show suggested retail value though since you can't sell fish anywhere else that I know of (besides Nookling's but there's not much point), can you?

Yep, the guide explains this in the intro to index, but it's easy to miss. I was confused until I found that.

The guide shows total value. Re-tail pays a percentage of total value. 20%, I believe.

This is a bit silly. If this is what you get from selling it on a day where Re-Tail is buying high on, it should just say that. Or it could put a Nook, RT, and RT day specific price. Instead of one that you have to decipher. Whatever, just my salty tears I guess.

Ughhhh I can't find the fourth fossil from last time. And I had caught a Dory fish too, now that's gone. Errghhh I don't want to constantly be saving every few moments in fear of a crash, this isn't Photoshop >:T

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone have an axe and slingshot? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom