• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh... I hate how you have to wait days for all the good stuff to get unlocked when it should be there day one. D:

Thanks.

On the bright side this is exactly what keeps me from wanting to start over and make a new town every 5 minutes. Getting anywhere in this game requires not only a time commitment but a commitment to your town, as well.

Pau

I agree but this game moves too slow. The DS and GC games were pretty slow games but I didn't have to wait 2 weeks to unlock everything. For example, when Tortimer came to the village to invite you to the island you have to wait another day for the boat to come and the game does shit like this in other places too.

It makes no sense to keep me waiting for SO long. Just why
Because it's supposed to follow a real-time clock. That's part of the charm of the game.

I personally love that things are spread out. It makes me want to return the next day instead of burning out all at once.

Which I'm kind of doing anyways. :p

mattchuuu

Neo Member
The best thing so far about 2013:

Fishing in 3D on an island off the coast of Spraíúil in Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Nintendo magic. And only they would top off the wonderful trip with a song about cucumbers making you gassy. Love. it.

Animal Crossing is best played for an hour per day for many years. Not six hours per day for four months.
Although I have been sticking in more than that hour per day right off the bat, but it'll become a lovely slow burn soon and part of my daily routine

I can't control my enthusiasm for wanting to squeeze as much out of a day as possible! I'll be up catching fish until 3 in the morning, and I still see a couple gaffers with their towns open that late, too...

At first I only started doing it to get my approval rating up, but now I like donating stuff to Blathers. The museum looks so cool all full of fish and bugs and whatnot. So neat to see all the big fish swimming around in the big tank at the aquarium.

magnetic

I agree but this game moves too slow. The DS and GC games were pretty slow games but I didn't have to wait 2 weeks to unlock everything. For example, when Tortimer came to the village to invite you to the island you have to wait another day for the boat to come and the game does shit like this in other places too.

It makes no sense to keep me waiting for SO long. Just why

I've been time traveling like crazy in the first few days of owning the game to get things off the ground (bigger Nook stores, upgrading the house a bit, unlocking QR, and getting Club LOL), but from now on I can see myself slowing down and playing the game normally, mostly to not spoil it too much and when the initial "new game" feeling wears off a bit.

I have the feeling the developers are aware that some people prefer to mess with the game clock once in a while, at least that's why I think it's so easy to change the time from the main menu instead of having to close the game, mess with the actual internal clock and restart the game every time. Or is there any other reason to be able to have the in-game time set differently from the 3DS clock?

This being said, I have a lot of respect for people with enough self restraint to fully play the game real time. I'm a bit torn between my habit of playing new games very intensively and knowing it's supposed to be slow. Oh well, I guess I'm slowly learning ;)

Elija2

Finally, the perfect hat for me...

m7oAaLe.jpg

Also, Kapp'n calling his daughter a babe:

Czff4Me.jpg

I wish you could get island medals faster. My island shop has both the Club Tortimer membership and a wetsuit for sale today. I'm assuming you unlock the harder versions of the mini games later.

Pimpbaa

Ugh, just found out just now you could quick change your items with the d-pad. Also, what am I doing wrong in catching sharks? Do I have to be quicker when it bites or wait longer?

Sleepy

I can't control my enthusiasm for wanting to squeeze as much out of a day as possible! I'll be up catching fish until 3 in the morning, and I still see a couple gaffers with their towns open that late, too...

Best thing about Animal Crossing? No "correct" way to play.

Ugh, just found out just now you could quick change your items with the d-pad. Also, what am I doing wrong in catching sharks? Do I have to be quicker when it bites or wait longer?

Half a second, I think. I have only caught one.

Quicker. Those suckers will run if you give them a chance. I also kept losing sharks because I was going to slow. They're not like other fish where you have a second to waste.

Tenck

damn you cheaters

time travelling is the worst

I used to time travel in City Folk. Killed the game for me. No more of that ever again.

Speak to the Gyroid outside the hut. He'll lend you a fishing pole, a wetsuit, a net, etc.

You can rent a pole from the Gyroid outside.

Rent everything for free from Lloid right outside the door.

Talk to the gyroid outside the hut.

EDIT: Beaten by 3 people. Boy this thread moves fast.

Thanks guys.

Birathen

My friendcode is 3883-5341-5586. I live in Sweden but Im not sure if timezones matter in this game (thou it seems to if the game is running on a 24h day/night cycle :3 )

PM me or Letterbox me or whatever one does when its done (I only have one friend on the 3DS right now so Im not sure)

Uh, my game just sent me to the main menu when I was leaving a shop and the main 3DS screen said "An error has occurred forcing your software to close."

Sorry to whoever was visiting. :(

magnetic

damn you cheaters

time travelling is the worst

But bu but my HAIR was an absolute NO GO! I need my hair to be fabulous. I couldn't stand having to run around like that for two weeks!

(I'll go back to normal play soon enough, but watching this thread and all the previews made me too jealous. i blame the internet for my sins!)

Servbot24

Banned
Hey guys, I'm about to buy a 3DS XL for this game. I found a new one on craigslist for $175. Is that the best I'll be able to do right now, considering I'd have to spend another $40 on the game? Thanks for any help.

Salsa

pretty much had my fill with the island for today but im hosting one more night trip for GAF if there's people for it

tumblr_moayr6ZxrC1sv134do1_400.jpg

opening gates now. We leave when there's 4 of us

magnetic

Checking out some videos of the older games, and wow, even City Folk looks quite a bit worse than New Leaf. Those subtle shader effects on everything add a lot of the visual appeal, they give everything a nice shiny glow, especially the grass. Not to mention that the larger characters look better as well (imho).

Anybody here know how Kaitlin/Katie works in this game or willing to let me bring her to your town? Nobody is really using or checking Swapnote on my list and she wants to visit another town. I assume you just take her to another town after I bring her over and it just goes on.

Checking out some videos of the older games, and wow, even City Folk looks quite a bit worse than New Leaf. Those subtle shader effects on everything add a lot of the visual appeal, they give everything a nice shiny glow. Not to mention that the larger characters look better as well (imho).

I actually love the depth 3D gives as well. It's one of the prettiest games on the 3DS for me.

Anybody here know how Kaitlin/Katie works in this game or willing to let me bring her to your town? Nobody is really using or checking Swapnote on my list and she wants to visit another town. I assume you just take her to another town after I bring her over and it just goes on.

I just took her to a random open town on my list she sent me a digital photo frame the next day.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Checking out some videos of the older games, and wow, even City Folk looks quite a bit worse than New Leaf. Those subtle shader effects on everything add a lot of the visual appeal, they give everything a nice shiny glow, especially the grass. Not to mention that the larger characters look better as well (imho).

the game looks great

Do you know if she lingers around or does anything in the other town? I thought about just going to a random town but thought it would be a bit rude.

I'm assuming she lingers a day or so till the chain is continued :p. Random town shouldnt be a big issue since she says she just wants to ride the train somewhere else.

At what point can I set up ordinances so that my town is open late? I picked up the game yesterday and Nook was closed up by the time I had enough for the down payment. Just paid him now and bummed that I have to wait until tomorrow to see my sweet new house.

Anyway, if anyone wants to friend this homeless man, my friend code is 1848-3013-1651

magnetic

I actually love the depth 3D gives as well. It's one of the prettiest games on the 3DS for me.

Yeah, it looks like a cool playset!

Quick question: If I set my clock back to the correct time, will the world stay the same as it is now? Specifically: I got the signatures for Club LOL but it hasn't openend yet, and I talked to Sable but haven't unlocked QR. I want to play the game properly from now on, but I don't want to reset some internal timers or anything (I want Club LOL really badly).

Yeah, it looks like a cool playset!

Quick question: If I set my clock back to the correct time, will the world stay the same as it is now? Specifically: I got the signatures for Club LOL but it hasn't openend yet, and I talked to Sable but haven't unlocked QR. I want to play the game properly from now on, but I don't want to reset some internal times or anything (I want Club LOL really badly).

Time Paradox

can't add you now since there's people here already and home doesnt work :<

I might do a do-over later if we dont get enough people, but all of my 98 friends are on GAF so I figured it was enough

Ah kay, no worries. When ever you get a chance either post your fc here or shoot me a pm, it'd be much appreciated. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom