• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

Umm I downloaded the game and now everytime I try to play it it will start and then just crash. Anybody else having this problem?

WEGGLES

Here's a little tip for catching sharks.

Once they nibble turn the volume up and listen for the splash. Close your eyes. I kept getting faked out by the constant just about to bite-nah... movements. But the sploosh is always a bite :)

Salsa

ok trying this again!

tumblr_moayr6ZxrC1sv134do1_400.jpg

gates open

Proven

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I can't make my own threads yet. Hoping some here ran into this and was able to fix it.

So I downloaded Animal Crossing: New Leaf when it came out on Sunday. Since then I have not been able to access any of the ingame features that use wifi. This includes traveling to friends towns, having friends come to mine, and retrieving spot pass gifts at the post office. I can access my wifi everywhere else, such as the e-shop, internet browser, friends list, and even in my other game that has wifi (Street Fighter).

I tried following Nintendo's guide to manually setting my IP settings on my 3DS XL, but it still continues to not work. At the train station, I get error code 001-0803 which appears to mean that it cannot connect to the access point. This doesn't make sense since I can connect to every other thing that uses wifi, even other games. At the post office it just scans for a while and then the lady tells me that an error occurred and it cannot connect.

I have a TP-Link N750 wireless router. Model TL-WDR4300. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try? Also I'm using a 32gb sd card. Don't think that would be relevant, but you never know.
Anyone ever solve this?

Whenever a villager comes into the re-sell shop, I push them in front of my items until they show an interest to buy. Guess you could say I'm a pushy salesman. :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can build another bridge. I wouldnt start over, it's hard to be 100% satisfied

what is wrong about building your house next to a pond anyway? mine's 2 feet away from the river

Would the fact that there's a pond a few feet to the right of my house affect anything when it's time to upgrade it? That's all I'm really worried about.

Other than that, everything's off to the right side of my map, EXCEPT the recycle center. I didn't know what that icon meant when I was choosing my map. So it kinda sucks that my recycle center is so far away from the rest of the stuff in my town.

Marvie_3

Banned
Would the fact that there's a pond a few feet to the right of my house affect anything when it's time to upgrade it? That's all I'm really worried about.

Other than that, everything's off to the right side of my map, EXCEPT the recycle center. I didn't know what that icon meant when I was choosing my map. So it kinda sucks that my recycle center is so far away from the rest of the stuff in my town.

You'll be fine. If will tell you that you can't build in a certain spot if there isn't enough room for all the upgrades.

I know no one in the US or Europe legitimately have QR code access yet, but is there a fan site that supports the posting of pro designs and QR codes? Animal Crossing Community is what I used back in the day for AC and Wild World, but they don't seem to natively support the idea of pro patterns despite the fact that they've been around since City Folk.

Is there a site with a lot of good pro patterns, complete with all five pieces on the same page? I haven't really been deep in the AC community since Wild World on the DS.

I counted 72 squares in my fish journal. Seems like there were more fish to catch in CF. I've already caught 27 and I'm in day 2

72 fish in New Leaf means it has about 8 more than City Folk did.

It only seems like New Leaf has "less" because City Folk released in November, while New Leaf released in June. Summer—and the month of June, specifically—is when the majority of fish are available to catch. This means that when CF released in dead of fall, there weren't many fish to catch. It took you longer to catch 27 fish in CF because there weren't as many species available during the season it was launched, and the season immediately after it either. So you'd play and not have a large variety of available fish until Spring and Summer hit almost 6 months later.

For example, in the original Animal Crossing only 11 of the 40 available fish could not be caught in the month of June.

sensui-tomo

my friend code is 5026-4532-8163, i havent played since the old Gamecube days so i'm still getting back into the game, just pm me friend codes so i can add you(not sure how this friend code thing works on the 3ds still and i've had the 3ds since loz came out :/.

I know no one in the US or Europe legitimately have QR code access yet, but is there a fan site that supports the posting of pro designs and QR codes? Animal Crossing Community is what I used back in the day for AC and Wild World, but they don't seem to natively support the idea of pro patterns despite the fact that they've been around since City Folk.

Is there a site with a lot of good pro patterns, complete with all five pieces on the same page? I haven't really been deep in the AC community since Wild World on the DS.

Here is a site where you can post QR codes. http://qrcrossing.com/home/

Maybe a disconnect? I got a Resetti icon on my top screen and was then sent back to my town.

Resetti icon is disconnect.

A crash will be a black screen that tells you to shut off the system (likely a result of a bad SD Card, needing to eject and re-insert the SD Card, or even game cart issues)

magnetic

So, any soundtrack favourites? So far I´m really loving these:

8 am - The perfect morning tune. Those guitars and the sweet steeldrum... What a way to start the day. Reminds me a lot of the Pilotwings Resort music.

5 pm - Very smooth and loungy, I love those high notes, almost a bit tropical.

7 pm - Rather melancholic and atmospheric. The e-piano and the short breaks within the song really add to the start of the early night.

The only song I can´t stand is the 3 pm tune. It just drones on and on and is generally completely uninteresting, like something out of a cheap kids movie.

It´s a bit sad that there´s some tunes I will get to hear over and over while other tunes will almost never be played, unless I suddenly enter a phase of crippling insomnia. I love that the soundtrack has such a big range of emotional qualities, some songs upbeat, some relaxing, some even vaguely somber yet beautiful. Some of those rain variations are very nice as well, very reduced, but still referencing the sunny songs very elegantly.

Kenai

so what time is this boat to the island around? I was not home this morning to check by 5PM I had the game on again but nothing no ship

I talked to the gull yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom