• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

island trip was fun, thx for the hat/shades

tumblr_mob5p2w3GG1sv134do1_400.jpg

tumblr_mob5quuHuP1sv134do1_400.jpg

tumblr_mob5sqiCIl1sv134do1_400.jpg

When casting a lure out to a shark now I cringe like I'm trying to catch a pokemon when pokemon came out. Hold B+Down!

The close-your-eyes trick is working good though.

the Bug-Off is this Saturday. Can you catch bugs beforehand to get ready?

Bsigg12

When casting a lure out to a shark now I cringe like I'm trying to catch a pokemon when pokemon came out. Hold B+Down!

The close-your-eyes trick is working good though.

the Bug-Off is this Saturday. Can you catch bugs beforehand to get ready?

I would assume the bug off only counts bugs you catch during the contest period.

fmpanda

Soooo, jumping into this for the first time. Do you guys usually go for the house first thing, or build up your equipment first then go for the house?

I also added myself onto the spreadsheet, so more pals are good pals. If you add me, send me your code so I can do the same. I could use the help as I'm a AC newbie.

Montresor

1) What is the point of selling stuff to Nookington's? It seems you get more by selling directly to Reese at Re-Tail for every single sellable item.

2) What is the point of the Flea Market? It seems like it would be more convenient to just sell everything directly to Reese.

3) Is there a catalog like in the Gamecube version that lists all of the items you've ever had in your possession? In Gamecube the catalog also let you purchase your old items through mail order, even if they weren't in stock at the brick and mortar Nook store. Please tell me there's something like this in the game?

1) What is the point of selling stuff to Nookington's? It seems you get more by selling directly to Reese at Re-Tail for every single sellable item.

2) What is the point of the Flea Market? It seems like it would be more convenient to just sell everything directly to Reese.

3) Is there a catalog like in the Gamecube version that lists all of the items you've ever had in your possession? In Gamecube the catalog also let you purchase your old items through mail order, even if they weren't in stock at the brick and mortar Nook store. Please tell me there's something like this in the game?

1.) Apparently nothing. Don't sell to them ever.

2.) Sell items at a higher price to neighbors. Plus, secure, set-price trading with visitors you don't know. No more drop trades!

3.)Yes, unlocked after Nooklings upgrade.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
It was worth the 50k

:D Can you change the board's image?

edit:
I'm new to this franchise, and I would appreciate any advice ACGaf

Welcome! There's tons of little tips and insights. A couple of newer ones is to use your d-pad to toggle between tools (or remove them completely by pressing the pad down), and to save space in your inventory by stacking fruit, and filling your letter slots up to attach more items if you're in a bind. I've added you. My FC is 0302 1072 3582 and I have cherries.

If anyone else wants another AC friend, I only have ~10, so I have plenty o'room. This week, I've been leaving my game on and gate open a couple of hours every evening. Feel free to stop by and take/buy/leave whatever you'd like. I also have an extra fishing pole and shovel that I'll leave by the train station.

I made some sick cash while on a bug catching frenzy!

I have enough to pay off my 98k loan, and the rest for my first project!
I'm going back to the island for one more run. I want to have a bridge set up by tomorrow.

Just now, however, my friend Roscoe got swindled into buying a fake painting.

Salsa

tumblr_mob74maQ221sv134do1_400.jpg

everyone celebrating a yellow bench that I put right to the side of my house so only I can access it

suckas being played by the mayor

btw, lots of people sending me PMs to add them: my FC is full, so im trying to delete some old people that I dont have interaction with, that's why I might not be adding you back yet

Animekatt

everyone celebrating a yellow bench that I put right to the side of my house so only I can access it

btw, lots of people sending me PMs to add them: my FC is full, so im trying to delete some old people that I dont have interaction with, that's why I might not be adding you back yet

I need to go visit your town.

MicH

That's a beautiful location

hitmon

My daily routine:

7 am - 8 am: water flowers, pull weeds, find fossils, sort mail.

10-11 am: sell loot from the previous night, morning, catch new bugs and catch fish, talk to neighbors and catch up.

Noon: Mayoral duties, I switch to my mayor uniform I custom made. I only wear it while on the job.

4-6 pm: catch sharks, play with friends.

late night: make new clothes, do whatever. Go to the Blathers. I think it's rude to interrupt Blathers from sleep during the day time because he's an owl. So I only talk to him at night time. This gives me a lot of pressure and more excitement when I go to the museum to donate or find out what a fossil is. Highly suggested.

I change my clothes daily. I only buy pants, because you can't make your own pants. I make everything else because the clothes customization is that good.

Monday I made a yukata, everyone has seen. It's for formal occasions. Given the Asian village influence I have on my town I think that's a good idea.

1VPpDoi.jpg

On Tuesday I made a mayor blazer jacket:

JOiOhJa.jpg

This is my career jacket that I wear to work and during mayor activities to appear "professional".

I made a designer assymetrical shirt tonight because I'm sick and tired of how totally un-chic the clothing roulette is and I can do it ten times better.

QBIIm09.jpg

ffiKvML.jpg

This shirt is for casual, fun stuff. Like lounging around the town or catching bugs or talking with villagers.

It is, of course, inspired by real world fashion:

3fHXEVm.jpg

I totally need some flats. SHOE STORE NOW.

I have a beach outfit in mind as well, without shoes!

I'm very impressed with the clothing customization. As an avid Simmer, I find Animal Crossing New Leaf has more depth and ease of access in terms of customizing and creating your own clothes than Sims 2 or 3. Nintendo did a really, really fantastic job. The only bad things are that you can't make your own pants or shoes. Bummer. It'd be perfect if you could. Get to it Nintendo.

Whoa great job! How long does it take you to design and implement all that?

Animekatt

My daily routine:

7 am - 8 am: water flowers, pull weeds, find fossils, sort mail.

10-11 am: sell loot from the previous night, morning, catch new bugs and catch fish, talk to neighbors and catch up.

Noon: Mayoral duties, I switch to my mayor uniform I custom made. I only wear it while on the job.

4-6 pm: catch sharks, play with friends.

late night: make new clothes, do whatever. Go to the Blathers. I think it's rude to interrupt Blathers from sleep during the day time because he's an owl. So I only talk to him at night time. This gives me a lot of pressure and more excitement when I go to the museum to donate or find out what a fossil is. Highly suggested.

I change my clothes daily. I only buy pants, because you can't make your own pants. I make everything else because the clothes customization is that good.

Monday I made a yukata, everyone has seen. It's for formal occasions. Given the Asian village influence I have on my town I think that's a good idea.

1VPpDoi.jpg

On Tuesday I made a mayor blazer jacket:

JOiOhJa.jpg

This is my career jacket that I wear to work and during mayor activities to appear "professional".

I made a designer assymetrical shirt tonight because I'm sick and tired of how totally un-chic the clothing roulette is and I can do it ten times better.

QBIIm09.jpg

ffiKvML.jpg

This shirt is for casual, fun stuff. Like lounging around the town or catching bugs or talking with villagers.

It is, of course, inspired by real world fashion:

3fHXEVm.jpg

I totally need some flats. SHOE STORE NOW.

I have a beach outfit in mind as well, without shoes!

I'm very impressed with the clothing customization. As an avid Simmer, I find Animal Crossing New Leaf has more depth and ease of access in terms of customizing and creating your own clothes than Sims 2 or 3. Nintendo did a really, really fantastic job. The only bad things are that you can't make your own pants or shoes. Bummer. It'd be perfect if you could. Get to it Nintendo.

You and I have the same character model, so I get to see how I would look in those clothes as well. :)

I love your work!

My copy finally arrived today. PM me and I'll gladly add you. My friend code is 0001-3321-1065. My native fruit is pears. I just planted some oranges and cherries from a friend.

Salsa

very cool Lin Siniang

I once played City Folk with a guy who did that kind of "not wake up Blathers at day" kinda stuff but was waaaaaay more into it. He was straight up role-playing. Would write really long letters to neighbors telling them "I saw this bench and almost bought it but I forgot that etc etc", and he'd talk to me as if he was his AC character, straight up

it was pretty nuts

Kenai

My copy finally arrived today. PM me and I'll gladly add you. My friend code is 0001-3321-1065. My native fruit is pears. I just planted some oranges and cherries from a friend.

My town is opening up and there's plenty of peaches hanging still if you'd like some. Island is open too.

3523-2059-4138

Poyunch

I have a question about Public Works. I heard something about only have 30 public works. Does that mean 30 on a map? Or only 30 literal uses? Like if I build a bridge then demolish it later, will I only have 29 left?

I really want to destroy and replace my original bridge too but wouldn't that tick down my uses?

Salsa

btw: euro folk (or anyone)

im pretty sure my trees will have fruit by tomorrow and I have every fruit (inlcuding the tropical in baskets since palm trees arent done yet). So let me know and i'll open the gates so you can visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom