• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to stop the model from rotating while doing a pro design? It's kind of annoying to be working on a specific part of a design and having it rotate away all the time.

Elija2

Re-Tail is buying turnips for 483 bells in my town. I have the Night Owl ordinance so they should be open for another 3 hours.

night owl is truly a godsend

While I haven't enacted any ordinances, I don't understand why this is so great? Don't the stores open later as well? Re-Tail is already open till something like 11:00pm, and that seems plenty late. What are you doing late to take advantage of the ordinance?

My daily routine:

7 am - 8 am: water flowers, pull weeds, find fossils, sort mail. By

10-11 am: sell loot from the previous night, morning, catch new bugs and catch fish, talk to neighbors and catch up.

Noon: Mayoral duties, I switch to my mayor uniform I custom made. I only wear it while on the job.

4-6 pm: catch sharks, play with friends.

late night: make new clothes, do whatever. Go to the Blathers. I think it's rude to interrupt Blathers from sleep during the day time because he's an owl. So I only talk to him at night time. This gives me a lot of pressure and more excitement when I go to the museum to donate or find out what a fossil is. Highly suggested.

I change my clothes daily. I only buy pants, because you can't make your own pants. I make everything else because the clothes customization is that good.

Monday I made a yukata, everyone has seen. It's for formal occasions. Given the Asian village influence I have on my town I think that's a good idea.

1VPpDoi.jpg

On Tuesday I made a mayor blazer jacket:

JOiOhJa.jpg

This is my career jacket that I wear to work and during mayor activities to appear "professional".

I made a designer assymetrical shirt tonight because I'm sick and tired of how totally un-chic the clothing roulette is and I can do it ten times better.

QBIIm09.jpg

ffiKvML.jpg

This shirt is for casual, fun stuff. Like lounging around the town or catching bugs or talking with villagers.

It is, of course, inspired by real world fashion:

3fHXEVm.jpg

I totally need some flats. SHOE STORE NOW.

I have a beach outfit in mind as well, without shoes!

I'm very impressed with the clothing customization. As an avid Simmer, I find Animal Crossing New Leaf has more depth and ease of access in terms of customizing and creating your own clothes than Sims 2 or 3. Nintendo did a really, really fantastic job. The only bad things are that you can't make your own pants or shoes. Bummer. It'd be perfect if you could. Get to it Nintendo.

Great work, those outfits are super cute. Can't wait till mine arrives tomorrow and I try my hand at fashion. :p

I just enacted Early Bird ordinance because of my work schedule, but I'm unsure if that means they open AND close 3 hours earlier, or just open 3 hours earlier. I suppose I'll find out in the morning!

Finally got my Animal Crossing 3DS XL, for my birthday :) So excited. I had to compare it to my old Vita, I hope it's ok to post my shots of both here:

Absolutely loving the hardware, really enjoying getting into the game :)

Salsa

While I haven't enacted any ordinances, I don't understand why this is so great? Don't the stores open later as well? Re-Tail is already open till something like 11:00pm, and that seems plenty late. What are you doing late to take advantage of the ordinance?

they open at the same time as always

I just tend to play later as I ussually work late and thus get up late

everything basically stays open for 3 more hours

I just fish and sell stuff late, etc. It's really handy for me

Salsa

Finally got my Animal Crossing 3DS XL, for my birthday :) So excited. I had to compare it to my old Vita, I hope it's ok to post my shots of both here:

Absolutely loving the hardware, really enjoying getting into the game :)

im getting a new XL in October and im crossing my fingers for a white NOA announcement but after E3 I dont really have much hope left..

i'd honestly get the poptart even with extra-useless AC copy, but I bet it'll be pretty much a collector/expensive kinda thing at that point

also, im debating to sacrifice some 3DS physical games I might be getting on that trip to get a Vita, but dat lacklusting E3 kinda killed it for me..

best case scenario: white XL gets announced, I get both a white XL and a white Vita

iwata pls

The US version has spanish right?

Do you have to change the system language to access it?

Does switching language screw up your game at all or can you switch back and forth?

Montresor

Can someone ease my mind?

So gaffer Dandy Crocodile already let me know that eventually Nookington's will have a catalogue that lets you purchase items you've had in your possession through mail order. So this has given me the greenlight to sell a lot of my furniture. I was worrying that I might lose them forever, but with thanks to the mail order catalogue, I can always re-purchase furniture that I want again.

But surely there is some unique furniture that cannot be re-purchased right? Like the Master Sword I got when buying a fortune cookie?

How can I tell if I'm selling a unique and non-re-purchasable item?

Got a few New Leaf streetpass tags at the Best Buy event earlier today. Only one who showed up with the pop tart

You can get up to 20 tags at once

Labrys

Sorry I haven't been wifi-ing very much, guys! I've been plagued with connection drops/errors the last couple times I opened my gate so I've been wary.

Metaroo

So what exactly happens when you dont complete an animal's quest? Sometimes its just too late in the day to find a piece of furniture of a particular size to replace another...

Also, finding a oak silk moth is going to be a real pain tonight. Maybe I should stop saying yes to all these quests.

Labrys

So what exactly happens when you dont complete an animal's quest? Sometimes its just too late in the day to find a piece of furniture of a particular size to replace another...

Also, finding a oak silk moth is going to be a real pain tonight. Maybe I should stop saying yes to all these quests.

The next day it'll be like nothing happened, if they don't give you a deadline ("Deliver it by the end of the day!").

Can someone ease my mind?

So gaffer Dandy Crocodile already let me know that eventually Nookington's will have a catalogue that lets you purchase items you've had in your possession through mail order. So this has given me the greenlight to sell a lot of my furniture. I was worrying that I might lose them forever, but with thanks to the mail order catalogue, I can always re-purchase furniture that I want again.

But surely there is some unique furniture that cannot be re-purchased right? Like the Master Sword I got when buying a fortune cookie?

How can I tell if I'm selling a unique and non-re-purchasable item?

Not even Nookington's. The first upgrade will let you use the Catalog.

You can tell which furniture you can't buy again because of the conditions you got them, like the aforementioned fortune cookie, Sahara's rugs and walls, holiday stuff, Gracie stuff, island stuff, and so on.

So if I bought my wife her own copy of the game what would happen? I couldn't visit her town because i only have 1 3ds right? So it would be the same FC for both.

Weird

Anyone want to come hang out in my town?
Only if you enjoy fishing in heavy thunderstorm.
Just finished building my bridges so it should make commuting a bit easier.

I should note, I time travel so don't come if it'll bother you.
FC : 3952-7033-3602

Also, I'm holding a special giveaway!
I have 3 x big bro's staches (Mario's stache) to give to my visitors :)

botty

Banned

Is the Coelacanth in thunderstorms?

YES! I'm heading over!

Loam

Is there any way to get your villagers to change outfits other than getting those random "quests"? A few of mine changed their base clothes into some truly awful stuff.

I'll come if there's room.

3625-8639-2624

Salsa

bert traded me a moodern wood table

one step closer to the set

I want innnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom