• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Do your villagers actually behave differently when you do mean stuff to them? Like will you gradually notice them becoming madder and madder as you treat them badly?

Seigyoku

I'm having an odd problem with this game. It will randomly shut down my entire internet connection (meaning all devices using my router lose their connection as well) when friends attempt to visit, even if they've visited before. Is this happening to anyone else?

*raises hand* And other times friends join in and leave over and over again to no effect. I'm completely stumped.

What's with the recent spat of people just opening their gates and just leaving their device on while they do something else?

I leave my gate open all the time when I'm not playing. If someone wants to come to my town and look around, write letters to my villagers, or maybe swipe some fruit for their own place, they don't necessarily need me around to do it.

zroid

Banned
I caught two of my townsfolk in a spat this evening. They proceeded to demand I take a side, but I had the option to be non-committal as well. I knew the non-committal answer would just lead to them both being mad at me, but I did it anyway, because I couldn't pick one over the other.

As expected, they both yelled at me. :(

However, I was pleasantly surprised when they emerged from the argument in good spirits, due to their newfound mutual vexation. Problem solved! Hooray!

InFamy

Neo Member

It feels good to play Animal Crossing again. I went into this game blind so I had no idea I was going to be the freakin mayor, and I had no idea was going to be living in a tent. While walking around town. I forgot how relaxing this game is. Speaking of the town I didn't think it would be as small as it is. Not that I think its a bad thing, it definitely makes it a whole lot easier to get around. Isabelle is really cool as well as all of my villagers . They gave me so much furniture that I was able to pay the down payment on my house as well as get these awesome shades.

I also hear you can get attacked by scorpions and tarantulas. Man I did not think I would be afraid to go out at night in a Animal Crossing game.

My FC is 1993-7248-0965. If anyone needs any peaches I got what you need.

Acid08

Banned
Cold chillin on the arcade cabinet:

tumblr_mobj34Zg3D1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Lobo all up in my shit:

tumblr_mobj5xU4pl1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

I think I saw this movie once. It ended pretty salty alright:

tumblr_mobjjnkd3G1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mobjjnkd3G1qhp6tuo2_r1_400.jpg

The current plan is to try and get at least a short stream up for the EU launch like I did for the NA launch tomorrow. Unfortunately my Wife has a doctor's appointment late in the after noon (about 3 hours before the EU midnight launch) so it may not be an especially long one. Feels wrong leaving my EU homies out in the cold.

Krogan

I also hear you can get attacked by scorpions and tarantulas. Man I did not think I would be afraid to go out at night in a Animal Crossing game.

My FC is 1993-7248-0965. If anyone needs any pears I got what you need son.

Yeah I have gotten attacked by a tarantula 3 or so times and have yet to catch one.

Cbajd5

I guess I'll give an update with what I did today:

1. Went to the Island, got like 10 or 16 medals or something, took a ton of flowers, bananas, coconuts, and some other fruit and planted them all back home.

2. Streetpassed a bunch of people at the Nintendo Experience at best Buy, went to a town, got some apples and planted those too.

3. Accidentally didn't save after doing nothing at some point,
met Resetti and heard his sad tale, started work on the Reset Surveillance Center.

4. Went to the island again and farmed beetles to pay off the public service project I started before Re-Tail closed.

5. Went to the island again and got enough beetles to sell tomorrow to pay off my home loan and probably have a good chunk left over. I got a TON of Golden Stags which is pretty cool.

I also set my Town Ordinance to Night Owl so I could farm Beetles easier to get mad Bells.

Kangi

Are beetles only out at a certain hour? Why is night owl necessary?

I think the good ones come out post-7 PM. Night owl gives more time to sell.

Also, I farmed enough bells to instantly pay off my second floor loan tomorrow. 'Twas a good day. Now I should probably develop my town a little... I'm still on my first Public Works project.

I've played this game for around 24 hours, it's great.

But I'm having a big issue, I get constant disconnects when someone visits my village(and something when I go), I just get a Error code with no number... it's annoying and it's ruining my experience.

ramyeon

You're better off using the wealthy town ordinance to increase the profit you get from selling the bugs if you're specifically farming for bells.

Cbajd5

Are beetles only out at a certain hour? Why is night owl necessary?

I think Beetles are easier to find at night, and some places say some only come out after 11 PM, others say 5 PM, but they're out all night.

Also because Nook's Homes wold have been open for me to pay off my loan and get the upgrade if I had Night Owl.

You're better off using the wealthy town ordinance to increase the profit you get from selling the bugs if you're specifically farming for bells.

Well that'd get me 20% more per run, but if I can do around three more runs in the extra three hours I have to sell with Night Owl I could get an extra 300%.

On another note, I'll probably spend some time tomorrow getting medals to join Club Tortimer.

Was about to go to sleep, but had the urge to play for a few minutes. Thought I'd go to the beach and fish a bit.

I caught a fuckin Coelacanth! Dat lucky 3 AM urge to play.

fleck0

As space becomes more precious a responsible mayor must do what's needed to maintain the status quo

"You aren't welcome here Duck!!"

tumblr_mobky9snxs1rsdaj7o1_400.jpg

Also my house is coming together now that I have more room. Don't have any wall or floor patterns I like yet. That scary raccoon behind the bed sucks the dreams from my head and sends 'em straight to Tom Nook for processing.

tumblr_mobm6onHYh1rsdaj7o1_400.jpg

ramyeon

Well that'd get me 20% more per run, but if I can do around three more runs in the extra three hours I have to sell with Night Owl I could get an extra 300%.
But if you did the same amount of runs, stored them away and sold them the next morning you'd get even more ;)

But considering you can theoretically get about a million bells in an hour or so using the wealthy town ordinance I don't think there's much need to do any more than 1 or 2 runs per night.

pariah164

Just caught a Coelacanth :)

All my jealousy and hate.

How do I do this? And am I limited to how many switches I can do?

When you finally are allowed to do public works, sit in your mayor's chair and talk to Isabelle about Ordinances. Setting an ordinance costs 20,000 Bells, and there is no limit to how many times you can change it, so long as you have the Bells to do it.

Islandwrecker now :D

Pretty much.

TUSR

Banned
All my jealousy and hate.

When you finally are allowed to do public works, sit in your mayor's chair and talk to Isabelle about Ordinances. Setting an ordinance costs 20,000 Bells, and there is no limit to how many times you can change it, so long as you have the Bells to do it.

Pretty much.

So I literally have to sit around and wait until the morning to sell stuff, what the fuck!

pariah164

So I literally have to sit around and wait until the morning to sell stuff, what the fuck!

For now, yes, but once you set Night Owl, all stores will be open later. AC is meant to be played in small, daily bits, hence why things take a while. It's meant to be a second life. Which is, ironically, much better than Second Life.

TUSR

Banned
For now, yes, but once you set Night Owl, all stores will be open later. AC is meant to be played in small, daily bits, hence why things take a while. It's meant to be a second life. Which is, ironically, much better than Second Life.

have you seen what you can do in second life?

also my town has pears, lots and lots of pears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom