• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
ive been selling pears, is there other ways?
You can sell pretty much anything. Fish are the big moneymaker. Some tough to catch ones are worth thousands.

The tools necessary for catching bugs or fish or watering plants are unlocked as you complete certain milestones (or talk to the chick at town hall). Talk to her as much as possible. She gives you a lot of information and essentially 'unlocks' certain things. Same with upgrading your house. You'll want to do that as fast as possible.

Also good to know that non-native fruit are worth 5x the amount at Retail. In other words, if you sell your pears in my town, you get 5x as much. Likewise if I sell cherries in your town.

There are other ways to obtain 'bells'. Keep talking to people in your village and they'll give you tips.

TUSR

Banned
You can sell pretty much anything. Fish are the big moneymaker. Some tough to catch ones are worth thousands.

The tools necessary for catching bugs or fish or watering plants are unlocked as you complete certain milestones (or talk to the chick at town hall). Talk to her as much as possible. She gives you a lot of information and essentially 'unlocks' certain things. Same with upgrading your house. You'll want to do that as fast as possible.

Also good to know that non-native fruit are worth 5x the amount at Retail. In other words, if you sell your pears in my town, you get 5x as much. Likewise if I sell cherries in your town.

There are other ways to obtain 'bells'. Keep talking to people in your village and they'll give you tips.

Can I access my storage lockers in your town?

How or where do I find Gyroids, I want them. I want all of them. I have no idea where to find them! I wanted to steal one I found during an island scavenger hunt, but Tortimer's threat about not taking things on the list gave me cold feet.

Salsa

Tortimer shows up after you pay your first loan. He tells you he's gonna call Kappn' to take you to the island. He'll be there on the next day.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
When will the game be ready for download in EU? Midnight?

Ok, so in anticipation of (hopefully) finally receiving the game tomorrow, I've re-read the faq, and etiquette just to be ready. I think I more or less have the "DON'T"s down:

• Absolutely no time-travel
  • No running
  • No chopping trees/taking fruit without permission
  • No bothering players who are busy trading

Any particular "DO's"? Is there anything particular visitors should remember to do, to make things more neat for players with open gates?

Lach

I really hope they send me my code until tomorrow evening....I want to play this so bad.
Still not sure if I should post my friend code in here though.. ;P

Scoot2005

Banned
Nothing opens until 9-10 in my game so am I screwed until then? I just got the lantern if thats a good indicator of my progress lol. It's 5 am where I am.

Socreges

Banned
im gonna come and drop 3 storage lockers of pears off in a bit whenever stuff opens up, are you a night hawk or anything special?
Even if I had the Night Owl ordinance, the stores would still be closed. Tomorrow (ie, some hours from now) is better. I should have some stuff to trade, too. Send me a PM with when you're free. I know for sure I'll be on in the morning.

Megatron

Ok, so in anticipation of (hopefully) finally receiving the game tomorrow, I've re-read the faq, and etiquette just to be ready. I think I more or less have the "DON'T"s down:

• Absolutely no time-travel
  • No running
  • No chopping trees/taking fruit without permission
  • No bothering players who are busy trading

Any particular "DO's"? Is there anything particular visitors should remember to do, to make things more neat for players with open gates?

Possible Dos:
Leave (polite, friendly) messages on the billboard
mail a letter to the host
offer some of your native fruit for trade or gift
pull a weed if you see one.

Just went to the island for my first time, so fucking fun. This game gets better and better.

So can I go to the island as much as I want every day?

Salsa

fruit day

tumblr_mobqzcqDGU1sv134do1_400.jpg
tumblr_mobr0xWVe51sv134do1_400.jpg

tumblr_mobr354pK91sv134do1_400.jpg
tumblr_mobr4c2qRu1sv134do1_400.jpg

tumblr_mobr5jsuIp1sv134do1_400.jpg

i'll hook you up eurobros

Scoot2005

Banned
Night Owl Ordinance lets shops stay open 3 hours later.

Early Bird Ordinance opens shops earlier.

Once available, can you switch them as you please? I work night shift and I'm on vacation. Once I go back to work Early Bird would make more since in the long run, but for the moment I want Night Owl.

Betty

Banned
Once available, can you switch them as you please? I work night shift and I'm on vacation. Once I go back to work Early Bird would make more since in the long run, but for the moment I want Night Owl.

Oh yeah, it just costs 20k bells to change them.

Dug

Banned
Wow just read about the features of the Campsite you can build in the OP! Think I might go build a campsite tomorrow!

Socreges

Banned
Possible Dos:
Leave (polite, friendly) messages on the billboard
mail a letter to the host
offer some of your native fruit for trade or gift
pull a weed if you see one.
- Wrap boot as a present, attach to letter telling local mayor that his villagers suck. Send.
- Write scandalous rumours on bulletin board
- Place custom designed poo shirt on display model
- Hit people with net

I've done all of the above... but only with people that I knew could take a joke. The game is designed to be so fluffy and saccharine that occasionally subverting that is kinda refreshing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
sigh... still on the fence about using that free code for this game. Any euros that don't have a pre-order wanna save 10 euro off download retail price and buy my code off me? Otherwise I'll use it tonight I guess... urgh animal crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom