• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way guys, do NOT sell to the little girl on the island. Ever. She's a fucking cheapskate kid. Just put all your shit in the basket and sell them at Retail when you get home.

My code should arrive tonight, thank god.

Probably already been said but how are you guys taking screenshots of the game?

L + R triggers.

Linius

Finish Isabelle's requests, get yourself a watering can.
Start saving up the money for the next expansion.
Get your mayor ranking up so you can send off the application ASAP.

Yeah, Isabelle told me to meet some villagers. And later she gave me some paper to write letters. So if I keep going back there will be new stuff every time?

My code should arrive tonight, thank god.

Probably already been said but how are you guys taking screenshots of the game?

Holding L+R.

Does anyone's town have a net for sale? I think I accidentally sold mine. Can bring apples, oranges, and/or cherries in exchange for letting me buy the net. PM me for my code.

Robin64

So guess what the postman delivered me today!?

Bills.

ShopTo, for the first time ever, have let me down. Pretty miffed. :\

Yeah, Isabelle told me to meet some villagers. And later she gave me some paper to write letters. So if I keep going back there will be new stuff every time?

Yeah, she has you do a good amount of "tutorial" stuff but you can get a net/rod if you're missing one and a watering can as well.

The lucky ticket procedure is painful.

Buy cookie
Eat cookie
Get ticket
Read ticket
Talk to Timmy
I got a lucky ticket.
Which lucky ticket?
Get prize.

I certainly realize AC is a game about the journey, just seems like a few things could be less tiresome. Like, say, a quick menu to "Tell the monkey to open my gate!"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, not even 24 hours in and I'm raking in the cash. Paid off my first 10,000 bells, bought some furniture and stuff, and I'm still sitting on like 60,000. Second house payment, here I come.

iMarkyP

Neo Member
I'm quite impressed with Prime. I'm not even paying for it at the moment as I got a month's trial. Good timing on New Leaf's part.

Hopefully have it tomorrow.

(Anyone from the UK want to fruit trade with me tomorrow?)

Hi, i'm down for some fruit exchange action tomorrow. I'll send you a PM.

Forkball

Oh snap, Redd is in my town. And he is an art dealer instead of a black market salesman (though I wonder where he got this art from). I just bought Michaelangelo's David. Sadly, you can only buy one item per go around and it's mailed to you the next day.

bumpkin

The lucky ticket procedure is painful.

Buy cookie
Eat cookie
Get ticket
Read ticket
Talk to Timmy
I got a lucky ticket.
Which lucky ticket?
Get prize.

I certainly realize AC is a game about the journey, just seems like a few things could be less tiresome. Like, say, a quick menu to "Tell the monkey to open my gate!"
At least you've won. I've bought three so far and gotten a fortune every time. :(

And yeah, I agree about needing a shortcut to open the gate.

But here's a question -- and maybe it's already been answered -- but when can I activate Street Pass? Both me and my wife have copies of the game, as do a few of my co-workers. It'd be nice to be able to swap/receive some stuff!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I found three gyroids today holy crap. They were all buried right next to each other too, this is weird. Okay time for work bleh, silly office job can't even stealth play AXNL due to cubical plus mega busy today.

So wait unless I am misunderstanding, once the island opens you can go whenever you want any day of the week? It isn't a specific event right? Does anyone know if you can even go in the winter?

KLonso

My Friend Code is 1719-3720-4214, I'm in EST, and my fruit is oranges. Does anyone want to add me who has different fruit?

None of the people on my friends list seem to be opening their gates D:

At least you've won. I've bought three so far and gotten a fortune every time. :(

They all have fortunes? Even the winners. Did you hand the ticket over to Timmy or Tommy to see if the fortune had a prize attached? In 5 days, I've only had one losing ticket.

Did everyone get rain yesterday?

Nah, it was partly cloudy in my town and one other that I visited. A couple of other people had rain though. None here yet.

ameer

Neo Member

And yeah, I agree about needing a shortcut to open the gate.

But here's a question -- and maybe it's already been answered -- but when can I activate Street Pass? Both me and my wife have copies of the game, as do a few of my co-workers. It'd be nice to be able to swap/receive some stuff!

uh... you have to give the fortune to timmy.. he'll give you a gift

So, I realize I haven't shown any pictures of my town so far, despite taking a whole bunch. Some of these are a few days old:

HNI_0032.JPG

Simon, my favorite villager thus far.

HNI_0058.JPG

Bianca, the resident slut of my town. Anyone who wants her can have her!

HNI_0065.JPG

lol gulliver

HNI_0079.JPG

I bet it happens a lot. :'

HNI_0081.JPG

Timbra has been growing on me, especially after I changed her saying to "poor fool". Haha.

HNI_0083.JPG

I feel pretty.

HNI_0037.JPG

HNI_0067.JPG

HNI_0085.JPG

THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE ON THE FUCKING PIGS

HNI_0086.JPG

Last picture I took today, mostly wanting to show off my sweet Wario 'stache.

Foshy

I'm on my second day, how do I get approval up to 100% quickly? I've been donating fish and bugs to the museum, selling whatever he doesn't want to Re-Tail, doing errands for the villagers and I've watered all the flowers and picked all the weeds. Still at 48% though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a fire bar. Fucking awesome that it plays the music too.
Wish I could put it in front of my house.
Fire_Bar.jpg

Wish I could find it animating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom