• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Seriously, if anyone can get their hands on a flat cap for me, I would be extremely grateful. The only essential item of clothing I require. Preferably from day one.

I'm on my second day, how do I get approval up to 100% quickly? I've been donating fish and bugs to the museum, selling whatever he doesn't want to Re-Tail, doing errands for the villagers and I've watered all the flowers and picked all the weeds. Still at 48% though.

Keep talking to the villagers. Over and over. They'll start warming up to you and acting happy to see you. Talking to villagers in other towns helps too.

Today's fortune was the Triforce! No losing fortunes yet, even though my in-game luck was bad yesterday and I kept tripping.

tumblr_moc3jmjOjB1sukkejo1_400.jpg

bumpkin

uh... you have to give the fortune to timmy.. he'll give you a gift
Herpa derp! I thought the "winning" tickets would be presented differently. I assumed there was some sort of x in x cookies contain prize winning tickets. Looks like I'll be visiting Timmy today and hopefully getting some sweet goodies!

Chow moved in directly in front of Kidd's house, there's enough room to dig maybe three holes in between the two. What's the quickest thing I can do to get him to move out?

StringLittle

Neo Member
I'm on my second day, how do I get approval up to 100% quickly? I've been donating fish and bugs to the museum, selling whatever he doesn't want to Re-Tail, doing errands for the villagers and I've watered all the flowers and picked all the weeds. Still at 48% though.

Changing the town tune and flag as well as posting on the bulletin board raises it pretty quickly. You can also pull weeds and water flowers.

Foshy

Changing the town tune and flag as well as posting on the bulletin board raises it pretty quickly. You can also pull weeds and water flowers.

Already did that stuff too. I guess I'll just talk to the people then. Does it help if I make multiple posts on the bulletin board?

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm selling/trading a starman and the hero's pants.

Midou

I certainly realize AC is a game about the journey, just seems like a few things could be less tiresome. Like, say, a quick menu to "Tell the monkey to open my gate!"

I also dread giving the owl any individual living things for 7 boxes of the same text every time. Least if he had a few different ones it might be a bit better.

I haven't played an Animal Crossing since GC, and I got a bunch of complaints, but none of them really prevent me from enjoying the game. I usually only play about an hour at a time, a couple times a day, and it seems like a good pace.

Some stuff the citizens are supposed to contribute to seems a bit wonky. I see like 1 item in the re-tail shop every 3 days and it's always something I already have. Is it even possible for townsfolk to buy your items when you aren't there? Donations for the mayor projects are super slow too. Kind of wish mayor aspect was more like Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, it put a lot of effort into getting materials, blueprints, building specific buildings and all that. I realize this is mostly a game about real time time progress and collecting though so I don't mind too much.

Also wish there was a quick radial menu for tools. Like Hold R and use analog to point in a direction to pick one quickly, if there is a bug running away, never going to get to my net whether through the item menu or pushing left/right on dpad.

I also dread giving the owl any individual living things for 7 boxes of the same text every time. Least if he had a few different ones it might be a bit better.

You can mass donate items in this game, as well as mass appraise fossils. It makes things soooooo much better.

StringLittle

Neo Member
Already did that stuff too. I guess I'll just talk to the people then. Does it help if I make multiple posts on the bulletin board?

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm selling/trading a starman and the hero's pants.

I don't know if multiple posts do much, but there's no harm in trying I guess.

Two types.

When you guys upload screenies to GAF, do you upload to Twitter then take the image or upload onto your computer then GAF? What's more convenient?

I use Image Share to Tumblr then just link the picture. I like using Tumblr because I can keep a chronicle of the game better than Twitter.

tumblr_moc20qlN7W1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mob1ehU5XQ1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mob15xC5dh1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

magnetic

Got a blue falcon today. When you touch it is makes a cool boost animation!

Also, I just run all the time in my own town. Fuck you grass, fuck you flowers, I can't be bother to tiptoe everywhere, I need to live a little!

Velma, Tutu, Blaire... I kinda don't like them, they look pretty dumb. On the other hand, I will force Lobo and Tammy to stay with me forever. Tammy has such cool music too!

I also finally quit time travelling for good. It's like heroin, but I'm off it now. I need to strengthen my patience!

Linius

Two types.

When you guys upload screenies to GAF, do you upload to Twitter then take the image or upload onto your computer then GAF? What's more convenient?

I just take out my SD card after I'm done playing and I have some screens I want to share. Drag these screens to my newly made Animal Crossing screencap folder and then host them in a batch at minus. Works fine for me.

magnetic

I actually wanted to keep the tent, kinda live like a bum for a while, hoarding cash, but you can't lay down the law without a proper house.

Would be cool as some sort of additional home with another locker on the other side of town!

I also just bought a portable toilet while I was visiting Jockel - and come to think of it, where are all the other restrooms in this game? Does everyone just shit in the woods and pee in the river?

Forkball

Visit other towns. Watering their plants and talking to their animals also counts. I went from 86 to 98 in just one quick visit.

I got a Metroid today, it goes well with my Samus helmet. Just about 70k away from finishing that bridge!

Midou

So my friend told me there was usually a rock with a lot of money in previous AC once per day, I found one rock and got about 10k out of it, are there multiple of these or one per day, and is that the max? I did the shovel around me trick so I don't move.

So my friend told me there was usually a rock with a lot of money in previous AC once per day, I found one rock and got about 10k out of it, are there multiple of these or one per day, and is that the max? I did the shovel around me trick so I don't move.

One rock with bells in it and another that has some ore in it (just one). Each day :)

Chuckpebble

One a day. There's also a fake rock to look out for that'll break when you hit it.

EDIT: beat. Fast thread.

Midou

Dammit it Timmy and Tommy. 5 Days now and all they do is alternate fishing rod, shovel and bug net.

I want an axe and other stuff. :(

Is that on purpose or do I have bad luck?

Can't wait to get off work and go play some more. This will be the game that makes me bring my 3DS with me everywhere ^^.

I use to bash it for being a rehash but I love this game already and barely played xD

StringLittle

Neo Member
Can't wait to get off work and go play some more. This will be the game that makes me bring my 3DS with me everywhere ^^.

I hear ya. I didn't play mine all that much so my brother used it to play Fire Emblem. Now I play it all the time and take it with me wherever I go. He is none too happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom