• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe.
zd2q7PB.jpg

So my friend told me there was usually a rock with a lot of money in previous AC once per day, I found one rock and got about 10k out of it, are there multiple of these or one per day, and is that the max? I did the shovel around me trick so I don't move.

One money rock and one rock that breaks and has a gem (?) inside it.

Scoot2005

Banned
Got a blue falcon today. When you touch it is makes a cool boost animation!

Also, I just run all the time in my own town. Fuck you grass, fuck you flowers, I can't be bother to tiptoe everywhere, I need to live a little!

Velma, Tutu, Blaire... I kinda don't like them, they look pretty dumb. On the other hand, I will force Lobo and Tammy to stay with me forever. Tammy has such cool music too!

I also finally quit time travelling for good. It's like heroin, but I'm off it now. I need to strengthen my patience!

I got a Blue Falcon too.... VROOM VROOM FALCON PUNCH!

Iacobellis

Dammit it Timmy and Tommy. 5 Days now and all they do is alternate fishing rod, shovel and bug net.

I want an axe and other stuff. :(

Is that on purpose or do I have bad luck?

My game has the been same way. I want to be able to upgrade your store, but your selection sucks!

Linius

I think I messed up my money rock. I hit it twice and the third time I dug a hole. After that there was no more money in the rock. Only got 200 bells :O

Midou

How do you upgrade their store, just buying stuff?

I think I messed up my money rock. I hit it twice and the third time I dug a hole. After that there was no more money in the rock. Only got 200 bells :O

Dig a hole behind you and to both sides before hitting rocks, makes it easier. :p

Yeah I messed up on my money rock today, too. I momentarily paused while hitting it with the shovel and ended up missing out on the final money bag. :(

Anyone have constant problems with errors/disconnects in regard to going into friends villages or having friends in your village?

We can't seem to play wth each other more then a few minutes. I have the European version.

Scoot2005

Banned
Soooo..... Filbert gives me a red tank top.... I put it up for sale at Re Tail... As soon as I do that he comes in and buys it back all excited... o.0 Animal Crossing I wuvs you.

Spiderduff

Anyone have constant problems with errors/disconnects in regard to going into friends villages or having friends in your village?

We can't seem to play wth each other more then a few minutes. I have the European version.

Did you already get your home? I had this issue as well on the first day. Since it was midnight we couldnt buy or sell anything since everything was closed. We shook some trees and got 500 bells to buy the picture id thing. After that we visited and it kept logging us off. We waited till the morning and everything was fine.

Did you already get your home? I had this issue as well on the first day. Since it was midnight we couldnt buy or sell anything since everything was closed. We shook some trees and got 500 bells to buy the picture id thing. After that we visited and it kept logging us off. We waited till the morning and everything was fine.

I did, yes.

It's just so frustrating. I've had the game since Tuesday.

zigg

Haha, yeah, at first I was like HECK YEAH COLLECTABLES. Then they just look ugly in my room.
But the balloon-dog lamp makes my house light up red that I can see from outside. That's gotta be worth something!

(Truth be told, I'm having a hard time getting into the furniture thing this time 'round, even with the neat new stuff.)

Mr E.

I participated in the so many games promotion. I am awaiting a download code from Ninty, any ideas on when I might expect it?
I'm in UK which releases the game tomorrow.
I realise its early but wondered if its sent automatically at midnight.

Linius

Dig a hole behind you and to both sides before hitting rocks, makes it easier. :p

Just like the coin blocks in Mario, it's on a timer after the first strike.

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah I messed up on my money rock today, too. I momentarily paused while hitting it with the shovel and ended up missing out on the final money bag. :(

Well at least you got more than two bags :p

I was waiting for a friend to visit and I got an error. But the second try everytime worked just fine. He visited my village and then I visited his village with zero problems.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm just starting out. One of my villagers keeps asking me for an octopus. Where can I find those? Nobody, including Isabelle has told me anything about where to find an octopus. My house should be ready by today. I can't wait! :)

potam

Banned
I'm so bad at this game. I'm trying to just "live" in the world and not read too much about it.

...I ate a perfect pear, now I feel dumb.

Can someone please explain (extra) perfect fruit to me? Are they sustainable without replanting trees? I don't get it.

Uh, I had no idea what perfect fruit is when I started playing and sold the perfect cherry I found. Does it grow back?

Perfect fruit has a chance of growing on any native fruit tree.
It sells for 6x the regular price, so in your town it sells for 600 and in a friend's town it goes for 3000.

Planting a perfect fruit tree in your town grows a tree that only bears perfect fruit. It will be harvested 4-7 times before the leaves fall off and give you a dead tree.

You cannot plant foreign perfect fruits in your town. Only your native perfect fruits can grow as perfect trees, anything else will be a regular tree.

How do you catch that one fast bug in the beach shore?

Sneak up on it by holding A with the net equipped.

Linius

Really? That's a shame.

Also be aware of the fact that your own perfect fruit trees only can be harvested for limited times. I think the best think to do is harvest a couple of times and stack up the perfect fruit and plant more trees from time to time. Then visit another town where you're perfect fruit is foreign and sell it to retail to make big bucks.

I want to buy this game so much, but I just don't have the time for an Animal Crossing like I used to :(

Glad you guys are enjoying the game though.

Yay~! Glad I'm not the only one who have to wait for the code tonight

Weighing in on the waiting game here too! Was half hoping NoE would let the freebie codes go out early, hope they get sent out about midnight.

Picked up the Prima Guide at GAME today, I like that it comes in a compact size and am enjoying reading the adventures of "Prima" and their village from the screenshots. Maybe a bit spoileriffic, but I figure a physical reference will help me get to grips with village life better this time

Chopper

can you skip watering flowers on rainy days? I notice they don't sparkle on their own...
Yeah, I assume so. Or it would be a huge step backwards from Wild World.

Has anyone got the Beautiful Town ordnance yet? Do the flowers watered by villagers sparkle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom