• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
This game is so much fun. Loving it.
Wuz3Zho.jpg

2jhypJq.jpg

Forkball

In the butterfly hunting tour on the island, you can find some lillies and violets. They look nice outside my house now.

I paid of the 198k upgrade, and I'm 100k away from a new bridge. Supposedly a lot of the big stuff becomes available next week, so I haven't even scratched the surface.

zroid

Banned
Sorry, just one more question!

I put my Triforce on top of a small cabinet. Problem is, now whenever I try to open the cabinet, it just activates the Triforce animation sequence. Impossible to open the cabinet, or what?

Grizzo

Okay so I'm kinda bummed. I finally got the 3DS XL New Leaf today and did the system transfer and everything and I just re-downloaded Oracle Of Ages to see if my saves were there and... nope, it's all gone, like all the saves from my digital purchases.

So I just lost all my progress in Oracle of Ages, Pullblox and some other 3D Classics (Kirby's Adventures but this one doesn't really matter). Does somebody know what I've done wrong ? And is there a way to get my saves back ? I transferred all the data from my old SD card to a computer and sent them to the new XL SD card, so I really don't know how it could have possibly failed.

I didn't start a new game in New Leaf and thank god I didn't since I would have lost my save too...

MicH

Okay so I'm kinda bummed. I finally got the 3DS XL New Leaf today and did the system transfer and everything and I just re-downloaded Oracle Of Ages to see if my saves were there and... nope, it's all gone, like all the saves from my digital purchases.

So I just lost all my progress in Oracle of Ages, Pullblox and some other 3D Classics (Kirby's Adventures but this one doesn't really matter). Does somebody know what I've done wrong ? And is there a way to get my saves back ? I transferred all the data from my old SD card to a computer and sent them to the new XL SD card, so I really don't know how it could have possibly failed.

I didn't start a new game in New Leaf and thank god I didn't since I would have lost my save too...
Sounds like you did everything right. When did you transfer the stuff on your old SD card? You have to do it at the right time (when the transfer process tells you to swap the SD card). Are you sure you didn't do it too late/early? Are you sure you transferred over everything to the new SD card?

EDIT: definitely did something wrong. If you did it right you shouldn't have to redownload any games besides AC. They should already be on the old SD card

So, got my first public works. Needed 128,000 bells for the bridge to make my life easier, a couple trips to the island got that out of the way. War beetles.

Sharks do seem much more plentiful on the island. I'm not as interested in the games, but, just running circles around the island to see what spawns has been fun.

Also bumped up my house to the next expansion and bought a hedge.

And night owl is now in effect.

This is what happens when you stay up wayyy too late and want as many things as possible to happen the next day.

Grizzo

Sounds like you did everything right. When did you transfer the stuff on your old SD card? You have to do it at the right time (when the transfer process tells you to swap the SD card). Are you sure you didn't do it too late/early? Are you sure you transferred over everything to the new SD card?

EDIT: definitely did something wrong. If you did it right you shouldn't have to redownload any games besides AC. They should already be on the old SD card

Well they did told me to swap cards in order to transfer my DSiWare games, but since I didn't have any of them (only 3DSWare games), I didn't do it... I guess that was kind of dumb, but they did mention "DSiWare games" only.

But does it matter anyway ? My old SD card data is still on my computer so did I really lost it ? Like, did save datas disappear and are not part of what I saved ? I sent everything to the new SD card and didn't lost any of my old photos... only the saves (and the games, obviously). :(

Linius

Quick question. I got my pears from Isabelle in a basket. Do I need to buy baskets to stack my own fruit? And where do I buy these?

Grizzo

7.5 hours remaining.....

only a few more hours! been trying to ignore this thread but now i cant hide anymore !

It's only a matter of time now, be strong :D Can't wait to play with you !

Oh and I was just thinking about what I wrote in this thread yesterday : it appears that Nintendo does let you download it again if you transfer your old data to the new XL system, even if the game is still not officially released on the e-Shop :)

Dunno what happened there, I did the transfer for 3DS to XL and all my saves were still in place for Eshop titles. What size was the old SD card - I presume you transferred to the 4GB card included with your system right?

SuperSah

Banned
It's only a matter of time now, be strong :D Can't wait to play with you !

Oh and I was just thinking about what I wrote in this thread yesterday : it appears that Nintendo does let you download it again if you transfer your old data to the new XL system, even if the game is still not officially released on the e-Shop :)

HYPE

Grizzo

Dunno what happened there, I did the transfer for 3DS to XL and all my saves were still in place for Eshop titles. What size was the old SD card - I presume you transferred to the 4GB card included with your system right?

Yes I did :(

As MicH said, I think my mistake was to not swap the old card with the new card when the XL system asked me to. But they said it was just to back-up my DSiWare games... so I said no, since I didn't have any of them.

mooseman

Loving this game. All my fruit trees have fruit now (pears, cherries, apples, oranges, peaches) and I brought over some fruit from the island and I have new trees growing (grapes, mangos, lemons, and some weird name fruit). Pretty soon I'll have almost all of them growing locally :) Also getting ready for my 3rd house renovation. Off to fish to raise some money. Such a great time waster!

I've been waiting outside my neighbors house for an hour, just to pitfall him and hit him with my net multiple times. I HATE him still for scamming me into buying his fake painting. I'm gonna make his life a living hell.

Linius

I've been waiting outside my neighbors house for an hour, just to pitfall him and hit him with my net multiple times. I HATE him still for scamming me into buying his fake painting. I'm gonna make his life a living hell.

We should be able to call the cops on our villagers.

Man. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do much of anything on AC with GAF. I've been playing with my girlfriend and a few out-of-GAF friends though. A lot of my out-of-GAF friends don't respect the "don't mess with flowers" rule. UGH.

Managed to make a pink rose today, though. :eek: Gonna try to make tons of blue ones.

I'll be down for some GAF fun tonight if you'll have me!

Neonsands

Neo Member
Are the big fish in the ocean always sea bass?

Unless they have a fin sticking out, pretty much yeah.

So Katrina gave me a fortune that mentioned Blathers drinking Brewster's coffee. She said the key to making this happen is getting "modern pants". Does this mean if I get modern pants then Brewster will set up shop? If so, how do I go about getting modern pants?

Lasdrub

My game finally showed up from Newegg yesterday. Great timing, because I went to Best Buy for the E3 thing yesterday (I couldn't even see the TV because there were too many people). Anyway, I'll add my name to the Google doc. I need to get some of these fruits! I'm growing a cherry tree and have peaches.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I spent yesterday and the night before hanging out with my daughter in Animal Crossing going fishing, exchanging fruits, digging up fossils, taking pictures together, and getting lost in hours of fun. This morning as I was leaving for work, her hug was a little tighter and lasted a little longer and then she said, "Thanks for yesterday and all the fun. Can't wait to play Animal Crossing tonight with you."

Thank you Nintendo for helping me get even closer to my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom