• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMPSP

Talk to the town assistant - for advice - a bunch
I'd throw this game in the trash if I didn't have a fishing rod. Love it!

OMG, thank you so much. Just got her to sell me one. I thought I was going to have to go another day without fishing. You're the best.

sammex

I'm getting this digital in the "too many amazing freaking awesome games" promotion - Not long to wait now. I hope Nintendo gets that code emailed out tonight (although I doubt it).

Sane_Man

Does anyone know when the free download code for this game (from the buy 3 get 1 free offer) will be available to download in the UK?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I gave most of the Bells for a public works project (a street lamp). Are donations earned from talking to citizens, mayor approval, days passing by, etc.?

Good question, how much can I expect from donations? I have a 120k project that I just donated pretty much everything for
Is it possible to bring tools to the island? The first time I went I wasn't able to bring anything.

You borrow them from the Gyroid!

I went and visited the aquarium today (because aquariums are awesome)

The piranha in the tank follow you around the room and tries to eat you through the glass!

I thought that was a nice touch :)

Anyone get a pair of Varia Suit Boots from their cookie? It's the only Metroid item I need and I'm willing to trade a Master Sword, Triforce, Midna Mask, Fi Mask, Arwing, or Blue Falcon for it.

beersofwar

Neo Member
brought my 3ds to work and have been playing this with the sound off in my office. i feel like im going to get busted soon. my first AC game and im addicted

Cheska

I have no luck catching Sharks, the time between the bobber dip and the pull is too fast for me :(

I was having trouble with this exact same thing until I listened to some advice about turning your volume up and listen to the speakers rather than watching the fish or the bait. Whenever they latch on, it makes a different sound and that's the indication that you need to press A.

brought my 3ds to work and have been playing this with the sound off in my office. i feel like im going to get busted soon. my first AC game and im addicted

I may not have brought it to work but my head's still back in my town, thinking about what I still need to do before all the shops close. That Animal Crossing life.

Midou

Do you need a better rod or something for catching the things that appear to be sharks? I tried catching it like a normal fish and it didn't work.

zroid

Banned
my first fortune cookie failure... boooooooooooo

Do you need a better rod or something for catching the things that appear to be sharks? I tried catching it like a normal fish and it didn't work.

you just have to be quick

I was having trouble with this exact same thing until I listened to some advice about turning your volume up and listen to the speakers rather than watching the fish or the bait. Whenever they latch on, it makes a different sound and that's the indication that you need to press A.

Word. I look at my character instead of the fish or bobber, while listening closely.

Definitely this.

It works so much better than watching the bobber.

Grizzo

Just spent 2 hours into this game... I love it so far ! I don't really like my neighbors though. They don't look good (I know, that sounds shallow but I was hoping for cuter animals). But three of them seem nice enough.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone have any cool industrial/futuristic furnishings they'd be willing to trade for a Mario stache or a Midna's mask? PM me if interested.

Do you mean like the astro series? The chair looks really cool

Anyone get a pair of Varia Suit Boots from their cookie? It's the only Metroid item I need and I'm willing to trade a Master Sword, Triforce, Midna Mask, Fi Mask, Arwing, or Blue Falcon for it.

I've got varia suit boots, I'd trade it for the master sword

Cheska

What do you guys do with your flowers? Like how do you arrange them? Do you have one specific area that you make a garden and keep up with? Or do you spread everything around?

I've come up with some pretty hybrid mixes but I'm not sure how I should display them all. As of right now I have a few near my house and some close to a cliff near the beach.

Alright, whoever want the neogaf logo pattern, PM me your friend code and I will bring it to you.

LT2M8jOm.jpg

Shit the Able Sisters were selling some amazing clothes today for me. Bought a bunch of stuff including a fedora.

But they sold something I really wanted but could not afford. A royal crown for 1.2 million bells. :(

What do you guys do with your flowers? Like how do you arrange them? Do you have one specific area that you make a garden and keep up with? Or do you spread everything around?

I've come up with some pretty hybrid mixes but I'm not sure how I should display them all. As of right now I have a few near my house and some close to a cliff near the beach.

I'm just leaving them where they are for now. Once I get an axe and can cut down some trees I might make a dedicated garden for flowers, and one area for fruit trees.

Are hybrids color only, or can you cross species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom