• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I designed my own floor tile and I really like the end result.

tumblr_mocix8casN1qd867fo1_400.jpg

Alt:

tumblr_mociyhxat51qd867fo1_400.jpg

It looks better in game because there isn't all this JPEG compression.

Also Cap'n is the best.

tumblr_mocivnCo061qd867fo1_400.jpg

Westraid

This is silly but I'm finding it very difficult to find an answer to this question online: how do you unlock the mail order catalog at nookington's? Maybe my problem is using Bing search on my windows phone lol.
After some googling, apparently it's unlocked after you upgrade Nookington's to the T&T Mart.

To upgrade to T&T Mart, the Player must have made a minimum down payment of 10,000 Bells towards their mortgage and have spent at least 12,000 Bells in the store. 7 days must also have passed since the creation of the Town. (Source)

Ferrio

Banned
Damn villagers are showing off the letters I sent to them to my GF and visa versa. These people have no concept of privacy. So therefor all my letters now act like I'm having an affair.

Raggytash

Anybody know when Nintendo are likely to email the free code to download this? I'm hoping it's gonna be midnight but that's just wishful thinking on my part. :(

Thanks to Lasdrub I now have peaches available, should be up in a few game days! As before, if you want some fruit let me know and I'll drop it off or something. I'm currently looking for mangoes, oranges, bananas, lychees, and persimmons.

I feel like a back-alley fruit dealer.

Unicorn

20130613_124109_zps181d3e48.jpg

Found some dragon leggings at Ables today. Straight up Enter the Dragon / Kill Bill reference. I made the top real quick to match. So slick.

At work so no media upload

Edit:

I think I'm going to make the top look like it is covered in blood to be more of a Kill Bill reference.

Montresor

After some googling, apparently it's unlocked after you upgrade Nookington's to the T&T Mart.

To upgrade to T&T Mart, the Player must have made a minimum down payment of 10,000 Bells towards their mortgage and have spent at least 12,000 Bells in the store. 7 days must also have passed since the creation of the Town. (Source)

Thanks a ton.

Birathen

If I download this and later pick up the game at GS, will I be able to move my save to the kart? If not can I move 3DS data from one memorycard to another, incase I wish to upgrade(the memorycard is only 4gb or sumthing now)? Im so hyped for this i might have to doubledip :p

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
So I'm pretty hyped for this game to release in Europe. I want to download it from the eShop. But I found out that Game.uk is selling a download code for Animal Crossing a lot cheaper.
My question is this: Will I be able to use that download code in another European eShop?

Never mind, found out it did work. So yay!

CraigVil

Neo Member
First day in game and it's getting dark. Does anyone have their gates open, I have cherries.

FC: 3625-8164-7535

Dark here too but i've opened my gate if you'd like to trade some of your cherries for pears :)

2492-4189-0449 | Craigy D | Tropico

(Added you!)

This is my first digital only title. What are the odds of it being online in Europe at 12 (Amsterdam time) tonight?

Are you buying or using the promo code? If you are buying digital, it should be ready to go at midnight, as for codes. Keep an eye on email and club Nintendo, I seem to recall last promo, the freebie was ready to go at strike of midnight so I have relative faith Nintendo will release the codes then too.

If I download this and later pick up the game at GS, will I be able to move my save to the kart? If not can I move 3DS data from one memorycard to another, incase I wish to upgrade(the memorycard is only 4gb or sumthing now)? Im so hyped for this i might have to doubledip :p

I know there's a save transfer tool but I believe it's one way retail release to digital and you can't transfer digital save to retail :/

Labrys

Katt is moving in right next my Retail, and I'm not extremely happy about it...
I'm gonna have to change my path plans, now... Oh well. At least I got my bridge built today, also bought Club Tortimer membership and a Captain's Hat!

20130613_124109_zps181d3e48.jpg

Found some dragon leggings at Ables today. Straight up Enter the Dragon / Kill Bill reference. I made the top real quick to match. So slick.

At work so no media upload

Edit:

I think I'm going to make the top look like it is covered in blood to be more of a Kill Bill reference.

I actually have the matching top for that. Blanche gave it to me.

javac

How does the online aspect of this work? I've added a lot of great people from gaf onto my friends list. Is that all that needs to be done now? I still haven't bought my house yet because Nook isn't open! D:

Grizzo

3 bloody hours to go.

Just in time for you all to be bored of it. Yay~

I think I'll play it again around midnight, just so I can meet up with all my fellow EuroGAF who just got the game. I'll have my gates opened and will offer pears. Don't forget to add me ! :D

Unicorn

Katt is moving in right next my Retail, and I'm not extremely happy about it...
I'm gonna have to change my path plans, now... Oh well. At least I got my bridge built today, also bought Club Tortimer membership and a Captain's Hat!

I actually have the matching top for that. Blanche gave it to me.
Mind if I catalog it from you after work today in 4 hours?

How does the online aspect of this work? I've added a lot of great people from gaf onto my friends list. Is that all that needs to be done now? I still haven't bought my house yet because Nook isn't open! D:

You can do a lot of things. You can visit each other's towns and walk around, give each other stuff, maybe mess around with your nets and whatnot. The big thing you can do though is go to the island that is unlocked after a few days of playing. In the island you can take part in special minigames. They're quite a bit of fun and you also earn special medals which can then be traded for awesome merch that can't be bought elsewhere.

dkeane

Did you send them PMs? They need to add you too.

Anyways... once you get your house if you go to the train station you can visit or invite others to your town.

Bakphoon

Can't wait for ACNL! I wonder when i get the E-Mail with my code from the promotion... I hop i dont need to wait until 1 am (I'm in germany).

Also... I amassed 300 coins on my 3DS.

Grizzo

I got Wario mustaches in my first fortune cookie. I consider myself to be lucky, since he's my favorite Nintendo character.

bs000

How are you guys planting your new fruit trees? Are you just putting them anywhere there's space? Or do you have a system where you place them in neatly placed rows or something like that? I'm not sure where I want to put my new trees, and I'm curious. Post screenshots if you can. :D

Went out on the island with my girlfriend last night and Kapp'n starts singing lovey-dovey songs on the boat ride to and from.

He says this right before we head back to her town.

BMnSBZhCQAA8tW0.jpg:large

God damn it, that was so romantic.

Socreges

Banned
How are you guys planting your new fruit trees? Are you just putting them anywhere there's space? Or do you have a system where you place them in neatly placed rows or something like that? I'm not sure where I want to put my new trees, and I'm curious. Post screenshots if you can. :D
Trying to plant them close to one another but with exactly 2 spaces in between. Planted them close to Re-tail but that space is basically filled so I've started planting in other large open spaces. The idea, I guess, is to have a few big areas with lots of fruit trees, tightly packed without nerfing them.

Btw does anyone know if it's possible to built a ramp down to an inaccessible beach?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Waiting for midnight for my digital version

FC is 5327-0890-9892

No idea about how online works but I'll figure it out. My kids will be playing too so only nice folk invited :)

Kyzon

A few questions.

How do you open your gate?

How does fruit trading go? Do you just invite someone, they bring fruit, and you let them have at it with your trees?

I have all my pears in one area, my peaches in another, lemons next to the peaches, and apples above my house. I'm trying to keep them organized by type. Cherries are all over town; that's what I started with.

A few questions.

How do you open your gate?

How does fruit trading go? Do you just invite someone, they bring fruit, and you let them have at it with your trees?

To open your gate, go to your train station and speak to Porter. Select open via Internet and a faraway town if you'd like to trade with someone from here or otherwise.

To trade fruit, both people need the other person's friend code. Just invite someone into your town or go to theirs, it doesn't matter. I usually take six pieces of fruit back with me, so that I have enough for six trees.

javac

Did you send them PMs? They need to add you too.

Anyways... once you get your house if you go to the train station you can visit or invite others to your town.

You can do a lot of things. You can visit each other's towns and walk around, give each other stuff, maybe mess around with your nets and whatnot. The big thing you can do though is go to the island that is unlocked after a few days of playing. In the island you can take part in special minigames. They're quite a bit of fun and you also earn special medals which can then be traded for awesome merch that can't be bought elsewhere.

Thanks for the help! Already played it for like 5 hours straight and I'm still getting the hang of things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom