• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westraid

A few questions.

How do you open your gate?

How does fruit trading go? Do you just invite someone, they bring fruit, and you let them have at it with your trees?
You go to the trainstation, and tell the Monkey you want to invite guests. He'll ask if it's close by (local) or faraway (internet). It's pretty self explanatory. The sign next to him has more explanation about inviting and visiting.
When someone enters your town you'll be notified. Just make sure you got each others friend codes.

On fruit trading, whatever you prefer I guess. Before, someone was going to visit to get some apples, so for convenience I picked a few and put them on the ground right outside of the trainstation, but you can also allow people to pick them themselves. Just depends on what you prefer, either works.

miksar

Waiting for Nintendo to send me Animal Crossing download code via buy 3 games get one free promotion. When do they usually send out those?

kubus

Hopefully getting my download code through the So Many Games promotion in 2 hours. I was planning to stay up way past midnight playing this, but...

I just realised all the in-game stores will be closed, so I can't buy tools...

Ah well I'll probably end up undecided on my town name the rest of the night anyway. *sigh*

Btw are the fruits in this game the same as the previous ACs? I've tried to avoid all animal crossing information (I'm afraid of looking at the OP) so everything will be new and a surprise, but I'd like to have a different fruit than my friends. Is it still peaches, apples, pears, oranges and cherries? Thanks!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
(Truth be told, I'm having a hard time getting into the furniture thing this time 'round, even with the neat new stuff.)
I was too at first, but when I went into some furnished houses and saw all the furniture come together, it really sparked my dedication to collect and make an amazing house (or 4).

Dragoshi1

Snatched every flower in town and placed them outside my house.

tumblr_moc3omd1rg1qhktaco1_400.jpg

And opened my bridge this morning at 6:45AM, only the mouse was up, and Isabelle got adorable for some reason;

tumblr_moc3pl4CLt1qhktaco1_400.jpg

Kouriozan

I had tons of fun playing New Leaf with GAFer, yesterday the flower goddess re-arranged my flowers and today I had some island tour. Thanks a lot guys!

Chopper

I had tons of fun playing New Leaf with GAFer, yesterday the flower goddess re-arranged my flowers and today I had some island tour. Thanks a lot guys!
What is this madness?!

I just realised, I'm 2 and a half hours away from starting a brand new AC game (welp!), but have no idea what to call my town. Dilemma!

Kyzon

You go to the trainstation, and tell the Monkey you want to invite guests. He'll ask if it's close by (local) or faraway (internet). It's pretty self explanatory. The sign next to him has more explanation about inviting and visiting.
When someone enters your town you'll be notified. Just make sure you got each others friend codes.

On fruit trading, whatever you prefer I guess. Before, someone was going to visit to get some apples, so for convenience I picked a few and put them on the ground right outside of the trainstation, but you can also allow people to pick them themselves. Just depends on what you prefer, either works.

To open your gate, go to your train station and speak to Porter. Select open via Internet and a faraway town if you'd like to trade with someone from here or otherwise.

To trade fruit, both people need the other person's friend code. Just invite someone into your town or go to theirs, it doesn't matter. I usually take six pieces of fruit back with me, so that I have enough for six trees.

Ah thanks, that helps out a lot.

Can randoms enter your village online if you just leave your gate open, or is the FC a strict requirement?

Also, this is what I look like.

179769_10100837392346428_1466530144_n.jpg

Salsa

Went out on the island with my girlfriend last night and Kapp'n starts singing lovey-dovey songs on the boat ride to and from.

He says this right before we head back to her town.

BMnSBZhCQAA8tW0.jpg:large

God damn it, that was so romantic.

kappn' putting you on the fucking spot

what an ass

With the popularity of this game do you think Nintendo will bring over Tomadachi Collection? This isn't stopping Level-5 & Natsume from bringing over their clones lol.

Mitsurux

Trying to plant them close to one another but with exactly 2 spaces in between. Planted them close to Re-tail but that space is basically filled so I've started planting in other large open spaces. The idea, I guess, is to have a few big areas with lots of fruit trees, tightly packed without nerfing them.

Btw does anyone know if it's possible to built a ramp down to an inaccessible beach?

I would like to know this as well????

Grizzo

I still can't change my flag, town tune or ordinances, Isabelle (Marie in french) keeps telling me to come by tomorrow if I need any informations... Is that it for today ? Do I have to wait until tomorrow to do anything else ?

I still can't change my flag, town tune or ordinances, Isabelle (Marie in french) keeps telling me to come by tomorrow if I need any informations... Is that it for today ? Do I have to wait until tomorrow to do anything else ?

Yeah, you do. Then you can change everything, and get started on building your approval rating.

Labrys

Tomorrow morning you'll have free reign on that stuff. Just do her little tasks today up to the "planting trees" one, and I guess fish/bug catch enough to pay off your tent.

Grizzo

Tomorrow morning you'll have free reign on that stuff. Just do her little tasks today up to the "planting trees" one, and I guess fish/bug catch enough to pay off your tent.

Yeah, I think I did all of that, she gave me the watering can :D I already talk too many times to my neighbors (they keep telling me that I can't get enough of them) so I'll try visiting other town later on !

what's the best ordinance?

gonna pick beautiful, but does wealthy actually help do the upgrades faster?

Depends on your playstyle. I for one greatly enjoy town upkeep - picking weeds, watering flowers, etc. so choosing Beautiful Town would just take away from my enjoyment. I use Night Owl because I don't get a chance to really dig in until about 8:30 or so. The wealthy ordinance increases both buying and selling prices, so I suppose it increases the rate at which you accumulate money, but doesn't really hasten upgrades at all. IMO nothing really compares to the convenience of Night Owl/Early Bird.

I fucking hate half my villagers and I'm trying to kick two of them out.

All of my townsfolk are amazing except for Biff. So many muscle/fitness obsessed characters in this game. Boomer is my favorite resident currently:

Boomer.gif

MicH

I'm a terrible person and I think I'm gonna cheat when I finally get to download this game. Just because there's nothing to do at night, I might roll back the click a few hours. Just to be able to do something and meet my neighbors.

Sorry guysss :(

Mr. Robot

I spent yesterday and the night before hanging out with my daughter in Animal Crossing going fishing, exchanging fruits, digging up fossils, taking pictures together, and getting lost in hours of fun. This morning as I was leaving for work, her hug was a little tighter and lasted a little longer and then she said, "Thanks for yesterday and all the fun. Can't wait to play Animal Crossing tonight with you."

Thank you Nintendo for helping me get even closer to my daughter.

What is this? why are you trying to make me tear up?

I wish i had someone to play AC with to that level... :(

I'm a terrible person and I think I'm gonna cheat when I finally get to download this game. Just because there's nothing to do at night, I might roll back the click a few hours. Just to be able to do something and meet my neighbors.

Your neighbors will stay up extra late on the first day to give you the chance to meet them all.

But I get the impression that you won't be able to start til late so you're setting back the clock to get the most out of the first day. Nothing wrong with that - I did it, too. When people get annoyed with "time travelers" they're talking about people to consistently travel forward through time to unlock everything super early.

javac

I remember someone posting a link to a site I think that allowed you to convert images to pixelated versions that helps with creating images in New Leaf? Does such a tool exist?

magnetic

Hey, I understand. I did that a lot in the beginning because of the new game feeling, but now I play it normally.

It also is just so easy - you don't even have to mess with the actual system clock, but set the time seperately from the main menu. Makes me think the developers were aware of it. I actually wish it was more inconvenient.

And later on there will be just so much to do each day that it will be more than enough for normal play. The beginning is very slow, but as more things open up it gets more substantial. (But it also took me a while to adjust to the more relaxed, patient, slow-burn feel of the series.)

Grizzo

There's no shame in doing that. I had to set my clock back an hour to pay for my first house (Nook closed at 8pm and it was already 8:10 when I got enough money to do that). As long as you don't skip summer altogether, it's alright I guess :)

Mr. Robot

Never played an AC game before, but I've a;ways been intrigued. Would this be a good place to start?

Totally, this is my first game too and now i can't wait to get out of work and finish doing all my stuff just to lay back and play this while a movie is on the tv (something that i always want to try with every game, but this game really got me to doing it)...

The game is great and you can play it at your own pace, and going by this thread, you will always find someone that is at your level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom