• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
what's the best ordinance?

gonna pick beautiful, but does wealthy actually help do the upgrades faster?

Everything you sell and everything you buy is 20% more.

I sold a 15000 shark for 18000, and a 500 shovel costed 600

MicH

Your neighbors will stay up extra late on the first day to give you the chance to meet them all.

But I get the impression that you won't be able to start til late so you're setting back the clock to get the most out of the first day. Nothing wrong with that - I did it, too. When people get annoyed with "time travelers" they're talking about people to consistently travel forward through time to unlock everything super early.

Hey, I understand. I did that a lot in the beginning because of the new game feeling, but now I play it normally.

It also is just so easy - you don't even have to mess with the actual system clock, but set the time seperately from the main menu. Makes me think the developers were aware of it.

And later on there will be just so much to do each day that it will be more than enough for normal play. The beginning is very slow, but as more things open up it gets more substantial.

There's no shame in doing that. I had to set my clock back an hour to pay for my first house (Nook closed at 8pm and it was already 8:10 when I got enough money to do that). As long as you don't skip summer altogether, it's alright I guess :)
Yeah, this will be the only time I'll do it and that's only so I can have a proper start and buy some tools and stuff.

I feel really bad as I've never adjusted the clock before :eek:

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
We sharing town names?

Because I live in the lovely and hospitable BoneTown. The very first day I bought a pair of BonePants as well, things are working nicely.

magnetic

I remember someone posting a link to a site I think that allowed you to convert images to pixelated versions that helps with creating images in New Leaf? Does such a tool exist?

Yes, somewhere buried in the past 20 pages or so... I'm trying to find it myself. We should put it in the OP!

Mr. Robot

There's no shame in doing that. I had to set my clock back an hour to pay for my first house (Nook closed at 8pm and it was already 8:10 when I got enough money to do that). As long as you don't skip summer altogether, it's alright I guess :)

I thought about doing that since i can only play at night, when everything is closed, but for some reason im not worried about completing stuff, my house was a tent for 3 days because i couldn't talk to Nook after 9:00pm, but got around to doing that yesterday, i just find something else to do in the town... anyway... it's nice to have the option to go at your pace or go hardcore and change the time to see if something happens.

Sleepy

Make pitfall traps with pitfall seeds and push their ass into them. Hit them with nets three times and watch them huff about. Complain about their HORRIFIC sense of fashion to Isabelle. If they ask you to deliver something for them, OPEN THAT SHIT because fuck them.

I tried to push Bob in a pitfall. When he huffed off, I felt like shit. I would have to hate the villager to do this.

Chuckpebble

It's an app on the Google Play store, called Animal Xing Designer.

Cool, people were asking about that a few days back when I posted the one I was using on iOS: QR Mydesign.

There's also a website that does it, but for some reason when I used that it gives me a page full of raw data instead of an image. I'll look for it regardless.

EDIT:
http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/
This app takes an image you upload and does a color by numbers image for you to draw manually.

The iOS app, QR Mydesign Assistant takes a photograph and converts it, generating a QR code that you get the ability to scan in later. I've tested it, but I don't have the QR ability yet. You actually need to scan one that the game generates to import your character and town names into the app, then it automatically adds them to your images. Look forward to lots of Monhun images in the coming week.

And I don't know anything about how the android one works...

JordanKZ

where exactly will I find my code at midnight on the website ?

It's going to be in one of two places:
Either, login to Club Nintendo and then just scroll through the banners at the top of the page (there's currently a monster hunter banner going).
Or, you should be able to check your games list and see it there.

PS: Only 2 hours to go... >_>

Grizzo

I thought about doing that since i can only play at night, when everything is closed, but for some reason im not worried about completing stuff, my house was a tent for 3 days because i couldn't talk to Nook after 9:00pm, but got around to doing that yesterday, i just find something else to do in the town... anyway... it's nice to have the option to go at your pace or go hardcore and change the time to see if something happens.

Yeah, I agree with you, there are many other thing to do around town to keep you busy, but I guess I was just too impatient to get things started for real :D

But it's almost too easy to mess around with the clock. I'd like Resetti to show up if I try to do it one more time, just to keep myself from ever being tempted to do it again.

magnetic

Make pitfall traps with pitfall seeds and push their ass into them. Hit them with nets three times and watch them huff about. Complain about their HORRIFIC sense of fashion to Isabelle. If they ask you to deliver something for them, OPEN THAT SHIT because fuck them.

No luck yet but I think I'm getting close.

I mean, this is just a videogame with dumb AI, but I still could never be so brutal towards my villagers... I think this shows how easy it is for me to become emotionally invested in these characters - and I usually don't care for stuff like this at all.

I hate Lionel. I sent him a horrible purple shirt; he displays it in his house. He knows I hate him, he's just teasing me :)
Raioneru's_house.jpg

Just a quick note from me; off to vacation to Mexico for little over a week. Just wanted to say bye to the awesome people in this OT and the official IRC; you guys were awesome to hang out with while we waited for New Leaf! I'll be looking for Wi-Fi spots to keep visiting towns and welcoming visitors to my town, Madera.
I will be back, with tons of New Leaf items for all! Bye for now!

Sleepy

Well that's why I said I'm trying to get the villagers out of my town, didn't I? I HATE THEM. NO REMORSE.

Yeah, I was kind of agreeing with you. When they leave can you demo their homes? I found a perfect spot to live and two fuckers decided to build on my front porch.

magnetic

Does this game really have over 260 characters? And each with their own style of interior design...

Also, does anyone know how many collectable items there are? Must be several hundreds at least :O

I HATE the villager Vladimir.

Haha, oh man - THAT guy DOES look incredibly dumb. I guess I can relate to your hate.

Khaz

1 hour away from Downloading the game :p

Plus whatever time it takes to download it. It's 1GB and I suspect the Nintendo servers will be hammered tonight. I'll just put it on sleep and start tomorrow morning.

That's bullying!
I like it

nin1000

Banned
Plus whatever time it takes to download it. It's 1GB and I suspect the Nintendo servers will be hammered tonight. I'll just put it on sleep and start tomorrow morning.

That's bullying!
I like it

Yeah i think that will be the best decision

Tangeroo

I hate Lionel. I sent him a horrible purple shirt; he displays it in his house. He knows I hate him, he's just teasing me :)
Raioneru's_house.jpg

Just a quick note from me; off to vacation to Mexico for little over a week. Just wanted to say bye to the awesome people in this OT and the official IRC; you guys were awesome to hang out with while we waited for New Leaf! I'll be looking for Wi-Fi spots to keep visiting towns and welcoming visitors to my town, Madera.
I will be back, with tons of New Leaf items for all! Bye for now!

WTF, did you have this photo printed in a magazine from 1991 and then took a photo of it with your phone from 2003?

(Also, welcome)

barnone

Finna add some of yalls. Add me back, visit Goodtown (bell boom ordinance osnap) whenever you want fam.

barnone: 0318 6697 9159

PM me please if ya add me

magnetic

Furniture is said to be over 1,200. If you include all the clothing and fish and fossils and everything else it has to be multiple thousands of items.

Oh sweet!! I just want to be able to play this game for years and still discover new stuff.

Is there actually enough storage room? My first locker is already full and I have to dump stuff outside my house on the ground...

How big does the house you live in get? I'm sure there has to be some sort of limit.

DeadNames

Banned
Guys I'm in a serious dilemma.

I want to upgrade to an XL, but I digitally downloaded AC. If I do a system transfer, will I keep the game and all my saves? (I'm pretty far into the game).

Mr. Robot

Okay so I've been trying to get my character's face right, but the game gives me blue eyes each time I start anew ! Is the color randomly determined or can I keep resetting until I get it right ?

you can change the color of your eyes later with contacts... the face depends on the answers you give at the start of the game.

Face guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom