• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there actually enough storage room? My first locker is already full and I have to dump stuff outside my house on the ground...

How big does the house you live in get? I'm sure there has to be some sort of limit.

Not enough room. You get, what, 18 "shelves" in a storage compartment, so it's pretty limited.

Your house grows huge, though. You get an 8x8 main room and I'm almost positive you get all the other rooms to be 8x8 as well.

So main room, 3 side rooms, second floor, and basement makes for 6 8x8 rooms in a fully upgraded house, about 7.5 million Bells.

Oh sweet!! I just want to be able to play this game for years and still discover new stuff.

Is there actually enough storage room? My first locker is already full and I have to dump stuff outside my house on the ground...

How big does the house you live in get? I'm sure there has to be some sort of limit.
I don't think so, at some point you will have to sell your stuff.

But you can keep track and buy all items you have acquired, just check the shop catalog (unlocked later in the game).

Grizzo

Guys I'm in a serious dilemma.

I want to upgrade to an XL, but I digitally downloaded AC. If I do a system transfer, will I keep the game and all my saves? (I'm pretty far into the game).

I did that today and lost all of my 3DS e-shop saves (Zelda and Pushmo)... :( But I'm not a good example as I think I did something wrong when they asked to swap the old SD card with the new one, so maybe somebody could re-assure you better than me.

mktrOOp

Banned
I really hope Nintendo sends me my free copy in 38 minutes.

*waits patiently*

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

Hey guys, where did you decide to locate your house? I kind of dont like where mine is placed but I'm wondering if anyone has personal ideal placement ? Maybe that's a silly question?

Why are beetles so difficult to catch?

Doing the beetle challenge and I was only able to catch 2 beetles in 5 minutes. They're all over the place but for some reason they're so hard to catch.

Excited for EuroGAF to finally be playing this. I'll have to add some of you to add some variety to my friends list. Most of mine are in the same time zone.

Hey guys, where did you decide to locate your house? I kind of dont like where mine is placed but I'm wondering if anyone has personal ideal placement ? Maybe that's a silly question?

There's really no such thing as an ideal placement - it all depends on what you want to be closest to. I prefer to have my home close to Re-Tail with 1 or 2 immediate neighbors. My first town I foolishly placed my house on an isolated island far from my neighbors or any of the shops. I deleted the town because it bugged me so much.

Why are beetles so difficult to catch?

Doing the beetle challenge and I was only able to catch 2 beetles in 5 minutes. They're all over the place but for some reason they're so hard to catch.

Are you sneaking up on them by holding A? The slower you go and the less time they have to "see" you the better chance you have of them not flying away when you approach.

Mr. Robot

Do i have to be online to let people enter my town?

even though i just got my house, i got a few apple trees... if anyone wants them apples...

Jinjo

My EU promotion code better be there in 23 minutes. Actually stopped playing Last of Us to start refreshing the browser lol. Can't wait.

Lucid07

SO mine arrived today, sadly I have to put it down as there is nothing for me to do untill tomorrow now as apparently "I have to rest" which sucks.

Grizzo

SO mine arrived today, sadly I have to put it down as there is nothing for me to do untill tomorrow now as apparently "I have to rest" which sucks.

Yeah, same here. That's frustrating. So I'm just fishing instead. And offering pears to whoever wants to drop by.

Jinjo

tomorrow is going to be an interesting balancing act with ACNL and TLOU

Dude, I'm actually going to a 3-day music festival tomorrow. I have never been so bummed out that I *have* to go listen to awesome live music. Will be sneaking AC with me for the downtime lol.

Sorry for the off topic question but is it great ? will get my copy at monday

It is pretty good yeah. 3 hours in so far. Glad I got to pick it up early today (see reason above). Game reminds me of going through Resident Evil 4 the first time. Gameplay is tense (playing on hard) and the story/characters is definite Naughty Dog, maybe on an even higher level than Uncharted.

Also this game is unbelievably pretty.

Linius

Had a superfun trip to the island with the angry chinchilla. It's only nu first day and I've done so much with the five hours I've played. Also finished every task for Isabelle. When I wake up tomorrow I'll have a house and hopefully I can sit on my mayor chair too.

InFamy

Neo Member
Welp my sister thought it would be funny to demolish my town, luckily I wasn't that far along. As soon as I get a fishing rod it shouldn't be that hard to get 10,000 bells again though I became so used to seeing pears everywhere its weird to see peaches this time around. On the bright side I got Lucky living in my town now. Dude has been my favorite villager since the first Animal Crossing.

SodaBeam

Neo Member
I HATE the villager Vladimir.

I love Vladimir! But he's not in my village. Is it like in the GC version, when you visit another person's village, an animal that was intending to move out would come along and stay in the town you're visiting? Because if so, maybe we can work something out? :D

Welp my sister thought it would be funny to demolish my town, luckily I wasn't that far along. As soon as I get a fishing rod it shouldn't be that hard to get 10,000 bells again though I became so used to seeing pears everywhere its weird to see peaches this time around. On the bright side I got Lucky living in my town now. Dude has been my favorite villager since the first Animal Crossing.

Demolish a town? As in delete it? That really sucks.

My Animal Crossing guide came in yesterday. Neat tips. Also, it gives me access to a digital version where i can organize what items i got and cycle through things easily. Have yet to try it tho.

Also, anyone liking the 5PM theme? It reminds me so much of a theme from the original AC game. And I find it to be less repetitive too.

Absolutely loving the game as a whole so far. Made lots of bells last night catching bugs at the island to the point I paid off the campsite and my home loan (3rd expansion).

Aww yiss. Decided to expand the ol' casa today so I went to Nook to tell him to get working on it. Since I had already enacted an ordinance for the day, I started working on raising the funds for my house's expansion. After some fishing here and there, I raised all the money I needed and now I have about 13,000 Bells leftover. Gonna spend the rest of the day making outfits and whatnot. It's been a good day in Animal Crossing.

Zeldana

Neo Member
There's really no such thing as an ideal placement - it all depends on what you want to be closest to. I prefer to have my home close to Re-Tail with 1 or 2 immediate neighbors. My first town I foolishly placed my house on an isolated island far from my neighbors or any of the shops. I deleted the town because it bugged me so much.
It's kind of crazy what small, seemingly insignificant things will annoy you *just* enough to warrant bulldozing your town. For me it was a horizontal river that cut through the entire town, and a bridge located in the most inconvenient place ever. It's easier to fish in vertical segments so I restarted several times until I got a town layout that was suitable enough. It's much better now.

Tools mapped to the d pad yes please hot damn. Sort of hit a lull, though I do have a new neighbor moving in tomorrow (+ a house), so that'll give me some more to do. I'm surprised how quickly I got used to the scrolling world. It used to give me a headache in City Folk (for the brief time I played it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom