• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

Are there a lot of Island specific fish? I've been fishing for a while and all I keep catching is clown fish and that damn sea bass. I've caught like one Napoleonfish but that's it.

Did get a BUNCH of nice bugs though.

There are a TON of fish at the island that are different. Deep-sea diving too.

Are there a lot of Island specific fish? I've been fishing for a while and all I keep catching is clown fish and that damn sea bass. I've caught like one Napoleonfish but that's it.

Did get a BUNCH of nice bugs though.

I have found an enormous number of fish species between my town and the island. I'm on my fourth or fifth day of the game. I guess they become more apparent as time moves forward?

I am making bank shark-hunting on the island.

Robin64

Codes bypass the "real" release. It's how reviewers get their games.

And my Club Nintendo isn't showing my freebie code either, after logging out and in. SIGH.

Timeless

Are the screenshots uploaded through i.nintendo.com to Twitter the maximum possible quality? (Does AC NL save JPEG in low quality or is the quality just because I'm posting to Twitter?)

Khaz

are there any downsides to this??

None. Games are registered under the same club nintendo account, they are multilingual (default being the console's), there is no location check with the credit card or the IP.

The thing is, Nintendo fr, uk, de, etc exist only for customer support. In reality there is only one Nintendo of Europe entity. Which is why we had problems with -18 games even outside of Germany.

I used my UK credit card in the french eShop while i was based in the UK. Never had a problem.

Turned off the game for now but..

BMq8esXCMAAofbr.jpg

I'm officially a mayor!

Ooh, you got Tia. She's adorable.

Robin64

The code I had didn't work 30 minutes ago.

That's great. It's still not officially released in the UK. Trust me, this will be my sixth digital game, they come dead on midnight here. The eShop still says "Coming to Nintendo eShop".

The code gave you a bypass, even if it was only by one hour.

PowderedToast

None. Games are registered under the same club nintendo account, they are multilingual (default being the console's), there is no location check with the credit card or the IP.

The thing is, Nintendo fr, uk, de, etc exist only for customer support. In reality there is only one Nintendo of Europe entity. Which is why we had problems with -18 games even outside of Germany.

I used my UK credit card in the french eShop while i was based in the UK. Never had a problem.

cool, thanks!

Codes bypass the "real" release. It's how reviewers get their games.

And my Club Nintendo isn't showing my freebie code either, after logging out and in. SIGH.

Aww no! I hope it shows up for you soon Robin : ( you tried clearing your browser cache and stuff?

Also makes sense, weren't people with the Pop Tarts able to redownload AC soon as they did the transfer thing. I assume the game is uploaded to the sever prior to release and tested on the network prior to release, it's just dummied out to public till midnight release day

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So my fellow Brits are downloading just as I call it a day.

Since everyone does it:
BMp9KaHCAAE6sGA.jpg

Bonbon the bunny is currently my favourite citizen for giving me medicine when I got stung by a bee. No stung face for my ID photo HA HA HA!

EDIT: HA HA I just noticed the flower and rock are almost identical to those in empressdonna's photo.

Zeldana

Neo Member
Can you guys post pictures of your town map of what is personally ideal for you? I kind of hate my layout now that I think about it
My ideal map never showed up so I chose the next best thing after five or six restarts:
I ran around all eligible towns and for whatever reason this one felt the best. No idea why everyone's avoiding the left side like the plague, though. =P
Someone needs to move so I can build a bridge across the middle part of the river...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First day, 10k loan paid off and now off to a nightly bug and fish hunt to prepared for tomorrows loan.

Robin64

It's just typical, actually.

I ordered from ShopTo because you usually get games early with them. Everyone got theirs today, except me. The postman only delivered bills. I was going to sell my free code to a mate or something.

So now the post failed, I thought I'd get the freebie one and sell the retail one. Now everyone has their code.. except me.

Someone really doesn't want me to play New Leaf...

Dug

Banned
This been posted yet?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf sets digital sales record for Nintendo from Edge

Animal Crossing: New Leaf’s first week sales have set a record for digital sales in its first day, as Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced to analysts at E3 this year. In Japan, it has sold more than 4 million copies.

It also seems to have the capability of selling hardware, as Nintendo 3DS sales increased by 400% since the previous week.

Nintendo also pointed to the tendency of players to continue playing Animal Crossing titles over a long period of time.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/animal-crossing-new-leaf-sets-digital-sales-record-for-nintendo/

Doopliss

It's just typical, actually.

I ordered from ShopTo because you usually get games early with them. Everyone got theirs today, except me. The postman only delivered bills. I was going to sell my free code to a mate or something.

So now the post failed, I thought I'd get the freebie one and sell the retail one. Now everyone has their code.. except me.

Someone really doesn't want me to play New Leaf...

You should just go buy a code right now... I mean, you already have 2 copies of the game, might as well own a third, right?

magnetic

Not enough room. You get, what, 18 "shelves" in a storage compartment, so it's pretty limited.

Your house grows huge, though. You get an 8x8 main room and I'm almost positive you get all the other rooms to be 8x8 as well.

So main room, 3 side rooms, second floor, and basement makes for 6 8x8 rooms in a fully upgraded house, about 7.5 million Bells.

That sounds fantastic, thanks. Again, I had no idea there was so much growth potential in this game. 6x8x8 is a LOT of space!

I don't think so, at some point you will have to sell your stuff.

But you can keep track and buy all items you have acquired, just check the shop catalog (unlocked later in the game).

Ah, I remember check that thing out! In the long run that will make things much easier. I was already getting a bit worried given how incredibly unorganized my locker was becoming... There is even a search function in that Nook catalog, very handy!

This been posted yet?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf sets digital sales record for Nintendo from Edge

http://www.edge-online.com/news/animal-crossing-new-leaf-sets-digital-sales-record-for-nintendo/

It really is THE killer app in my opinion. Don´t get me wrong, MK7, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter etc are all fantastic games, but AC:NL is pretty much the perfect portable game, and also the game with the most "Nintendo magic" in it.

This won´t shut up the "I WANT NINTENDO GAMES ON MY PHONE!!! WHY DOESN`T NINTENDO WANT MONEY?"-people, nothing will. But while I kept losing faith in Nintendo time and time again, NL has really taken me by surprise and proves to me that they still got it (at least when it comes to handhelds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom