• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunk3rvd

Glad I popped into the thread as I didn't think my code would be up yet. My download is already running now though! itshappening.gif

Yet you've all just made me realise I don't have a town name. May stick with Bounty from my DS game - it' a taste of paradise! :/

Salsa

tumblr_mocsyaXqdl1sv134do1_400.jpg

tumblr_mocsztcITd1sv134do1_400.jpg

INTERNET PEOPLE ARE WEIRD

It sucks so much that you can't make custom pants in this game. I wanna make full outfits, not just shirts and beanies. How did they not think to add pants to the custom clothes feature? Also, the hat selection itself sucks. How hard would it have been to add caps to the list of customizable hats?

mattchuuu

Neo Member
I don´t believe for one second that even a single player exist that hasn´t used this feature for something similar at least once. It´s just so incredibly dumb and funny.

"Hmm, that has a nice ring to it, Mayonnaise! I will keep using that from now on!"

"Blitzkrieg! I always see you running around late at night."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA, how are you today?"

haha, yeah. It's a lot of fun. I have one that says "I'm SO sorry!" every time I start a conversation. The funny thing is that earlier today I forgot I made that her greeting and was expecting her to explain why.. she didn't. haha

It sucks so much that you can't make custom pants in this game. I wanna make full outfits, not just shirts and beanies. How did they not think to add pants to the custom clothes feature? Also, the hat selection itself sucks. How hard would it have been to add caps to the list of customizable hats?

What? That really does suck. Stop killin' ma buzz man! Also, they removed the classic "viking" horn hat from the first AC. Sucks.

What? That really does suck. Stop killin' ma buzz man! Also, they removed the classic "viking" horn hat from the first AC. Sucks.

You mean the weird little round cap things with horns that all the characters wore? Those are still there. It's the only other type of custom hat you can make. Beanies and horn hats.

I have them and have been sporting them for a few days but I'm willing to part with them I'll hit you up in about an hour

Sweet.

magnetic

Man, the museum looks amazing when it starts to fill up. Particularly the aquarium. I love being able to pan the camera around and look at all my fish. Even the piranha who tries to eat me through the glass. But the big fish, especially, look gorgeous in their tank.

tumblr_mocq9yagtx1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mocqdirhOE1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Grainy JPG doesn't do it justice.

I was so completely focussed on selling my fish that it never crossed my mind that those are actual animated polygonal models. Those fish tanks already look great empty, but filling them with those cute underwater creatures will be a very fun journey.

Man, the more I play it, the more I keep thinking of things I want to do in this game. I spend a solid two hours this morning just arranging furniture in my room - two hours of many, many more to come.

As someone who wasn't feeling AC till this version, you've completely nailed the strength of this game. It's not nickle and diming you, it's not demanding anything from you, just some time to actively drift into a little alternate universe. It's almost the perfect video game. And the social online element of this one is what I felt the old ones were sorely lacking.

...I find it weirdly heartwarming that a game that isn´t about shooting people in the face and running them over with your car, basically a game without any actual conflict, antagonists or end goal still can be so popular.

I mean, this game just warms my heart. Running around with somebody you barely know, chilling on the couch, banging drums, catching fish, running in circles, writing cheesy letters to nonexistent talking animals, watching the sun set, enjoying the sound of running barefeet in the rain, listening to funky little VGM tunes, lovingly crafting new clothes for your childlike alter ego... As much as I enjoy finding something like a big bullet bill cannon, I enjoy giving it away to somebody else without expecting anything in return even more rewarding.

It´s a game not about running towards some big reward, not about being better as somebody else. It´s about enjoying life, plain and simple. It´s very zen (and I say that as somebody who usually hates when people throw that term around, like "this new MacBook Pro has a very zen look to it").

This is already sound cheesy as hell, but I´ll make it sound even cheesier: It reminds me what it feels like to be carefree and childlike again. Doing dumb shit just for the sake of it. Being silly, being outgoing.

You could say that it all happens "virtually", that it is just a fantasy world and that it is just a waste of time - I mean, nothing really happens in this game, isn´t that kind of boring? But in the end, the kind of feelings it makes me (and us, I assume!) feel are very much real. It´s basically a gigantic playset that fits in our backpacks. It reminds us how important it is to be silly once in a while, to be unreasonable, to throw our worries in the wind for half an hour.

Zabuza

Banned
There's really only one village per copy of the game? So only one person can use a copy of the game on 3DS? What can other players do? I'm confused.

And the download is complete!

Let my reign of terror begin!

There's really only one village per copy of the game? So only one person can use a copy of the game on 3DS? What can other players do? I'm confused.

Only one person gets to be mayor. I assume its just like any other animal crossing game was for the other players.

NewGame

Banned
YES IT'S ON THE ESHOP.

Why doesn't Nintendo have a refresh button? Why Nintendo? You suck Nintendo! You're doomed no one will buy from your 5th gen online purchases interfa- IT'S AT 20% ZOMQ!1 PLEASE GET BOOTS OR ALPHONSO OR MONIQUE PLEASE PLWAES IWATA MAKE IT SO!!

Ein Bear

Finally downloaded, let's do this!! :D

Shame about how small the character limit is for naming your town. I wanted to call mine 'Outer Heaven'

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Ohmygodthatsawesome.

Did you sleep download?

Haha, no it was the first time I didn't sleep download. Then people here said it's faster in sleep mode. But then people had to start over if they clicked sleep mode in mid-download, so I left it alone. I think people only had a 10-15 minute jump on me, and they may have a better connection to begin with. Plus I got to see the fun, hypnotizing animation for the first time!

magnetic

As someone who wasn't feeling AC till this version, you've completely nailed the strength of this game. It's not nickle and diming you, it's not demanding anything from you, just some time to actively drift into a little alternate universe. It's almost the perfect video game. And the social online element of this one is what I felt the old ones were sorely lacking.

I agree, this is what sets it apart from fucked-up skinner box social games like Farmville. It doesn't rope you into some weird obsessive need to keep playing to become bigger and bigger AND BIGGER, it's just fun because the very act of playing it right now, in this moment, is the actual fun part. You just want to discover this game. It's something I've never felt in a game before.

And to think that I initially bought that game thinking "eh, this might be fun for a couple of hours before the next big game hits". I just had NO IDEA.

Acidyl

Just started (got apples), would love to play in other towns later, so here's my friendcode, sent a pm if you add me so I can add you 2578-3097-7278.

itxaka

Defeatist
Whee, got my free code and downloading now.

Tempted to make a female character rather than a male one, I like the choice of hairs for females much more than the males.

Tough decisions!

Go to your club nintendo account on the site, it should be there somewhere already. Mine was in a big infobox after I logged in (If you have a monster hunter code, it should be in the same place you found that.

Ooohhh, thanks man it was there! 30% downloaded already, it's going really fast! Now to check how I get my Nintendo friend code and add some gaffers to play. First time playing ac and first time using the codes, good thing I got the whole weekend free!

Does the tropical island reset the next day? Like do cut down trees reappear and stuff or is it between visits?

Not 100% sure but some of the beetle farming tips I've read seem to indicate this is not the case.
If you get rid of flowers and trees you might not be able to get them back on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom