• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
gVI5ftX.jpg

Uhh...

mxoMl0z.jpg

emot-stare.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well FUCK. Americans aren't eligible for the buy-three-get-one promotion? BALLS.

Since there are a lot of new people, I will be doing island trips tonight for collecting bells (fishing, bug collecting) for anyone that can't get there yet. PM me if you are interested.

My Re-tail is open until 2:00am est.

My ideal map never showed up so I chose the next best thing after five or six restarts:

I ran around all eligible towns and for whatever reason this one felt the best. No idea why everyone's avoiding the left side like the plague, though. =P
Someone needs to move so I can build a bridge across the middle part of the river...
Thank you so much! Anyone else? Really, really helps.

Finally have the game. I just visited a town (sorry, not sure of the nicknames here) and were the two people there friendly!! Just got some fruits and a couple of presents. Cheers guys. Lovely game.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Someone let me into their goddamn town before I time-cheat in my own. I've run out of things to do today!

Still looking for an axe and slingshot, btw.

My friend code is 4296-2976-8834. PM me if you add me!

Whee, got my free code and downloading now.

Tempted to make a female character rather than a male one, I like the choice of hairs for females much more than the males.

Tough decisions!

Nintendo hasnt sent my code yet :-(

Go to your club nintendo account on the site, it should be there somewhere already. Mine was in a big infobox after I logged in (If you have a monster hunter code, it should be in the same place you found that.

Whee, got my free code and downloading now.

Tempted to make a female character rather than a male one, I like the choice of hairs for females much more than the males.

Tough decisions!
Eventually you can get any hairstyle on any gender so don't let that dissuade you from anything!
You'll just have to suffer for a while or wear hats 'til then.

chunk3rvd

Been staying out the thread since this hit the US but with 15 minutes till we go live in EU I'm wondering - can you change your hair/face later on? Would prefer to answer the questions as they come but don't want to be stuck with a stupid face for the next year or 2! :/

Robin64

Been staying out the thread since this hit the US but with 15 minutes till we go live in EU I'm wondering - can you change your hair/face later on? Would prefer to answer the questions as they come but don't want to be stuck with a stupid face for the next year or 2! :/

Hair yes, eye colour yes, face no.

magnetic

...I find it weirdly heartwarming that a game that isn´t about shooting people in the face and running them over with your car, basically a game without any actual conflict, antagonists or end goal still can be so popular.

I mean, this game just warms my heart. Running around with somebody you barely know, chilling on the couch, banging drums, catching fish, running in circles, writing cheesy letters to nonexistent talking animals, watching the sun set, enjoying the sound of running barefeet in the rain, listening to funky little VGM tunes, lovingly crafting new clothes for your childlike alter ego... As much as I enjoy finding something like a big bullet bill cannon, I enjoy giving it away to somebody else without expecting anything in return even more rewarding.

It´s a game not about running towards some big reward, not about being better as somebody else. It´s about enjoying life, plain and simple. It´s very zen (and I say that as somebody who usually hates when people throw that term around, like "this new MacBook Pro has a very zen look to it").

This is already sound cheesy as hell, but I´ll make it sound even cheesier: It reminds me what it feels like to be carefree and childlike again. Doing dumb shit just for the sake of it. Being silly, being outgoing.

You could say that it all happens "virtually", that it is just a fantasy world and that it is just a waste of time - I mean, nothing really happens in this game, isn´t that kind of boring? But in the end, the kind of feelings it makes me (and us, I assume!) feel are very much real. It´s basically a gigantic playset that fits in our backpacks. It reminds us how important it is to be silly once in a while, to be unreasonable, to throw our worries in the wind for half an hour.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
All of my townsfolk are amazing except for Biff. So many muscle/fitness obsessed characters in this game.

I only have one guy who is obsessed with muscles and fitness, and he's a blubbery penguin. He asked what his new slogan should be, and I changed it to "tight ass." The comedic potential already paid off in his response :) :
tumblr_mocsayjblF1svd528o1_400.jpg

Today I also got a new neighbor with the most psychedelic house I've ever seen! The character himself looks crazy amazing too:

tumblr_mocsd8kwTH1svd528o1_400.jpg

Face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.), no.
Eye color and hair, yes!

FillerB

Hair and eye colour can be changed at Shampoodle if I'm not mistaken.

Eventually you can get any hairstyle on any gender so don't let that dissuade you from anything!
You'll just have to suffer for a while or wear hats 'til then.

You can? Awesome! Thanks.

Are the face/eyes you get fixed, or can you change them eventually too?

Haven't played an AC game since the Gamecube game, and am looking forward to this :D.

Edit: Ah ok, someone already asked. Will make sure to get the one I want to start with then!

Labrys

HOLY SHIT I JUST CAUGHT A COELACANTH

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHITTTTTTTTTT

EDIT: Chief said he wanted my Coelacath, I said no! This is museum material!

magnetic

I only have one guy who is obsessed with muscles and fitness, and he's a blubbery penguin. He asked what his new slogan should be, and I changed it to "tight ass." The comedic potential already paid off in his response :)

I don´t believe for one second that even a single player exist that hasn´t used this feature for something similar at least once. It´s just so incredibly dumb and funny.

"Hmm, that has a nice ring to it, Mayonnaise! I will keep using that from now on!"

"Blitzkrieg! I always see you running around late at night."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA, how are you today?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom