• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

I've always been confused on what you're actually supposed to do in this game! End up getting bored pretty quickly--going to try and prevent that this time and find more things to do.

I only have a little bit of time in the game so far, and my sister is actually mayor--not sure if that limits me at all. She plays more than me but we're both wanting to join up with some other players and check out other towns. My friend code is in the spreadsheet but here it is here too:

4940-6358-6540

Trying to catch up on this thread--is there a general FAQ I might have missed? Thanks!

Raptomex

I'm beyond help at this point

hni_0074_mpoecurf.jpg
Lol.

fmpanda

Went ahead and added a couple of more peeps, need visitors.

Finally got my down payment during the day, now it's time to hunt at night, lol.

Labrys

How the heck are you guys making over 100K+ at the island? The most I make on one trip is about 80K :<

Go after 7 PM, cut down all the trees in the middle (you can keep bushes), and go around the beach trees and catch the beetles that appear on them, scaring away the cheap bugs as you go. You can easily make 300k+ in half an hour that way.

How the heck are you guys making over 100K+ at the island? The most I make on one trip is about 80K :<

I'd like to know too. I went there and went fishing for the first time to fill the entire basket and it definitely wasn't as prosperous as the numbers I've seen.

I'm guessing there's a lot of throwing back and only taking back the most expensive fish? I don't know which fish are more expensive than others so I just kept everything. :/

The Lamp

Got the game yesterday. I want to add some friends to play with. Erm, sorry I don't really play multiplayer on my 3DS, so how exactly do I do this and what neat multiplayer features come with this game? Thanks!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Are any of the small sea fish rare? If not, I don't wanna waste my time with them because they're often just cans and boots.

If so, please just say yes because I'd like the rare catch to be a surprise as to what it is

FC:3952-7963-5933 For all the new folk who are just getting the game. I wonder what sort of different things are added between regions. I know japan have this unique edible item I believe

zroid

Banned
I made about 150k on my first Island trip, and that's after donating one of every new thing to the museum. Only caught bugs, pretty much. I know which ones are worth the most now so on my next trip I'll only take those. Will be fantastic.

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone know what's up with mosquito bites? I've been doing my damnedest to avoid them when I hear the buzzing, but honestly I'm still not sure what's up with it.

I made about 150k on my first Island trip, and that's after donating one of every new thing to the museum. Only caught bugs, pretty much. I know which ones are worth the most now so on my next trip I'll only take those. Will be fantastic.

And which ones would the rare ones be? I usually only fish so I have no idea. :p

MicH

Does anyone here have the villager Cheri? She's a red bear. If you do, I would love to come over. She's an old favorite of mine and hasn't been in an AC game since the GameCube one. I would like just to see her :)

Hope there are some out there!

Vecks

What is the appeal of this game? I kinda interested in it but it feels like a second job/chore? Doesn't it get repetitive? It seems nice and relaxing to play but I'm not really into the mp aspect of it. Would I still like it? Won't you get to a point where you have nothing else to do?

It's always been hard to say what the appeal of animal crossing is because there are different aspects to it. I think it's mostly for relaxing and for accomplishing personal goals. Everything is done at your pace. If you want to help out villagers, you can. If you want to collect things for the museum, there's that too(hunting for rares can have a sort of gambling appeal). In some ways it can be about getting cool stuff to decorate your house or your appearance. Or if you want to make your town look good, there's a whole gardening thing as well. And of course the multiplayer is kind of like hanging out in a video game.

But I think the most unique aspect is the real time clock. The day and night will be different. And the events are spread throughout the year, so you can never experience everything in one moment. Every month you can expect something new (like an event or a holiday) to experience.

Can it get repetitive? Sure. But at the same time, nothing is forced upon you, so if you get tired of doing one activity, you can always do something else. I don't think you need the mp to enjoy the game. And I don't think most people will ever reach the point where there's nothing else to do. It's more like getting to the point where you're ready to quit. Some people will play it for a month and feel satisfied with whatever they've accomplished. Others can probably play for years.

Lkr

walmart doesn't have it in stock in my area and i don't have an option to search stores on target.com :(
looks like i have to go to the bank and put some cash in tomorrow for eshop

SmithnCo

Go after 7 PM, cut down all the trees in the middle (you can keep bushes), and go around the beach trees and catch the beetles that appear on them, scaring away the cheap bugs as you go. You can easily make 300k+ in half an hour that way.

Hm, I never thought to cut down the middle trees. If only I had an axe.

zroid

Banned
yo guys Mighty Switch Force 2 is out

just saying cause this game is making me forget other 3DS stuff exists

Same with Picross-e, lol

ACNL's siren song is sweet....

And which ones would the rare ones be? I usually only fish so I have no idea. :p

Go for the big beetles in the evening/nighttime. Horned Emperors, Horned Atluses, Horned Hercules, among others. A couple of the smaller ones are worth a lot too, but mainly the big ones.

Bug catching is really fast too, because they spawn rapidly and catching them isn't nearly as tense as fishing. Just don't run and keep your eyes on the tree trunks. If you see one, ready the net and go in for the kill. :D

Nopren

Grrrooooan. Of course I get the dreaded error code 007-2999 now when I try to download AC. Goes to 99% and then springs up with that error. And noone on the whole freaking internet knows what it means. Not even Nintendo and believe me, I've spoken with them. All the knucklehead troubleshooting have been done and it just keeps coming up with that error. I'm almost convinced it must have something to do with the nintendo servers and whatnot, and I guess I will just have to try later. But this is absolutely killing me

Dragnet

Just went ahead and added myself to the list, added a few UKers too (mainly based on town names :p).

Feel free to add me too, desperately need friends for this new AC experience! 2938-6479-9103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom