• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
tumblr_mod34sMI1t1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

lol yeah those are good too. And sell at a great price!

mb.exe

FYI, in the island mini games, although you can't bring anything with you, you can take stuff back. So if you see some fruit you don't have, you can grab it during the mini game.

Pikma

Banned
So my fucking order which has been in "shipping now" status since monday hasn't shipped yet... WTF Amazon... then I contact them and they say that's because there was stock problems when I ordered it... I ordered on May 20th, before it even came out, how could there have been stock problems..?

Amazon, dropping the ball even more as time passes by.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
For my trip to the island, I managed to get about 5 marlins, 2 sharks, and 3 of the ocean lightfish things. And then a few smaller fish. The trick is to only go for the shadows with fins and the blue ones. Forget everything else. The medium fish are good too because they can sometimes be a red snapper (3,000 bells) or a barred knifejaw (5,000 bells).
Blue ones? How do they look?

Tips for catching sharks? I keep fucking it up. I swear I'm hitting the button right when the lure goes under.
The sound is more important.

Sometimes closing your eyes and just listening for when the bobber goes down is best. You'll psyche yourself out less that way.

What's this about roads?

In your menu, go to the design tab, and make a road design....bricks, stone etc.

Stand somewhere, select it, and pick display on ground.

Walk and keep displaying on ground.

Instant (free) road.

It makes navigating so much faster.

Also, the game is quickly jumping up my most played list

2013-06-13224953_zps93bdb15a.jpg

Lkr

In your menu, go to the design tab, and make a road design....bricks, stone etc.

Stand somewhere, select it, and pick display on ground.

Walk and keep displaying on ground.

Instant (free) road.

It makes navigating so much faster.

Also, the game is quickly jumping up my most played list

.s93bdb15a.jpg
how do you view that again?

A Japanese player on Internation Island just exchanged FCs with me and is coming to my town. With a "Japanese item."

If my town is destroyed I swear...

He had a ton of achievements, though...

Tunic

I went to the island for the first time today. Had lots of fun playing the mini games and getting fruits, bugs, fish, etc. to bring back to my town. Also got a green wet suit and a hibiscus plant to bring back too. This game is AWESOME!

fleck0

So... is there any point to starting a new town passed 11PM?

Well if you're dead set on restarting your town you'll get a day's head start, other than that though there won't be much for you to do. I think you could get a fishing rod from Isabella still and fill your storage in the train station with fish?

Was given a billard table in exchange for catching an ocean fish. I didn't need it, so I took it to Re-Tail to sell in the Flea Market. Their suggested price was 470 bells, I upped it to 1,500. Just as I was leaving, Willow came by and bought it for the marked up price!! I feel guilty, but those bells feel good in my wallet. Love this game.

This is something a lot of people here seem to forget....

Retail pays you 1/4 of the item price.

So if retail offers 1,000, you can price up to 4,000 and another villager will consider it a bargain.

Branson

I've played my 3DS more than my PC lately and want to play just animal crossing all day and night. So addicted. I have so many other games I should be trying to finish or play but nope, need more fruit, need to pay off that loan, and god damnit I need more bells.

Also can I collect bugs for the Bug off saturday? I get off work like at 5-6pm usually and thats when it ends right?

Labrys

Elephant Beetles are still worth 8k. All the Beetles on the outer trees on the Island sell at 6k or higher (Most are 8k)

Yeah, I still made 300+K off this visit, they're just skittish and always fly away so quickly, eheh.
I'll have enough for my house payment and possibly another Community Project. I may wait on my house, though. Haven't got a clue how I want to decorate it, I'd rather focus on making the town look nice.

I have 5 stacks of cherries if anyone wants to trade (you can do that right?) for 5 stacks of any other fruit and a dimetrodon torso fossil.

FC: 1735-9911-8184, PM me

ohlawd

Best way to exploit the island for money making?

Cut down all trees in the middle and the south, get a lot of trees planted on the north, go HAM with beetles?

Keyouta

So I just learned that I don' have to water the saplings. Never knew that before, but truth be told I haven't bothered looking it up before.

My copy finally came in. The whole game feels like a cozy, comfort-blanket. :p

Two questions though:

• When fishing, there are some fish that are a little bit bigger, with the back fin sticking out like sharks. How the heck do you catch those? They always nibble away and disappear soon as I try to real them in when the floater submerges.
  • How the heck do I make it so my town's gates are open and ready to accept visitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom