• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a great deal of profit today. Enough to pay off the Modern Bridge I wanted, as well as another Modern Bridge on the eastern end of the river tomorrow. Then I can replace the stone bridge I already had. I also found that cool looking rainbow hat I saw in the GameTrailers review, which is a Balloon Hat. I'm definitely keeping this on.

3696_625500610795786_1074273258_n.jpg

Discovered Katrina came into my town today and got my fortune told. Told me about the island and some item that would bring me fortune or something.
998242_625500617462452_1745900690_n.jpg

Oh, and I may have accidentally sold my fishing rod...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How the heck are you guys making over 100K+ at the island? The most I make on one trip is about 80K :<

Only keep beetles that grow on the outer palm trees. Only keep expensive fish such as the napoleon fish, Giant Trevally, Marlin, Red Snapper, Knifejaws, and all sharks.

Only keep beetles that grow on the outer palm trees. Only keep expensive fish such as the napoleon fish, Giant Trevally, Marlin, Red Snapper, Knifejaws, and all sharks.

Go after 7 PM, cut down all the trees in the middle (you can keep bushes), and go around the beach trees and catch the beetles that appear on them, scaring away the cheap bugs as you go. You can easily make 300k+ in half an hour that way.
:O Back to the island. Thanks guys.

Someone should just add some general tips to the OP so we don't keep getting these question s lol.

I'm gonna be doing some of these nighttime visits to the island...I want to fund some projects like some darn bridges...I think I've nearly caught almost every fish and insect I can that is available...

mantidor

So it won't attack me if I get close?

I caught it by going really slowly, the first time started to chase me and luckily got to retail before it could get to me, then I just got the net ready, and I was expecting the thing to chase me but it actually didn't, it faced me, but did nothing, so I approached extremely slowly and got to grab it.

I initially approach it from the back, it appears that if you ready your net, but don't move, the tarantula will not chase you, that was my impression.

Meia

Alright, just got it in the mail, and don't know what I'm doing. Guessing it's somewhat similar to the earlier ones?

zroid

Banned
What exactly are you guys doing to achieve this? I guess it's because I'm mostly putting my new stuff in the museum or what?

I got about 50k on my last trip. Not that I'm complaining, because I think that's a good amount.

They're just throwing out the stuff that doesn't have a high resell value

What exactly are you guys doing to achieve this? I guess it's because I'm mostly putting my new stuff in the museum or what?

I got about 50k on my last trip. Not that I'm complaining, because I think that's a good amount.

For my trip to the island, I managed to get about 5 marlins, 2 sharks, and 3 of the ocean lightfish things. And then a few smaller fish. The trick is to only go for the shadows with fins and the blue ones. Forget everything else. The medium fish are good too because they can sometimes be a red snapper (3,000 bells) or a barred knifejaw (5,000 bells).

Nemesio

Neo Member

Avoid the fruit beetles, miyama stags, tiger beetles and horned dynastids.

tumblr_mod3agivYJ1sve5c1o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mod3agivYJ1sve5c1o3_400.jpg

tumblr_mod3agivYJ1sve5c1o2_400.jpg

Bring over the rest!

tumblr_mod3agivYJ1sve5c1o10_400.jpg

MicH

Hey guys, can I visit one of you? It's 5 AM my time so nothing is going on here and I would love to visit another town :D

My friend code is 2836-0194-8979

Stayed up for a bit planting trees and doing some fishing, digging and bug catching - really glad there's a storage solution from the get go at the station. stored a lot of stuff there to sell to Re-Tail tomorrow and donated a bunch of stuff to the museum. Now for a nice rest before meeting the neighbors proper tomorrow!

I've added you and 7 other codes on the last 2-3 pages, if any of you want to add me @ 4940-6358-6540. Zero friends atm D: Just mainly looking to visit other towns on occasion, and look into this crazy island thing eventually.

Got you and cosmic! :3 Most people on my friendlist are all gaffers. Need to convince more of my real life friends to drop money on animal crossing lol.

RagnarokX

I don't keep a fish that isn't at least 1,000b and mostly go after huge shadows and shark fins. It's more time/cost effective to throw back the small fry. High price beetles are great, too. You have 40 pockets, so that's 40,000b minimum.

Gvaz

Banned
I don't keep a fish that isn't at least 1,000b and mostly go after huge shadows and shark fins. It's more time/cost effective to throw back the small fry. High price beetles are great, too. You have 40 pockets, so that's 40,000b minimum.

40 pockets what?

Labrys

Dammit, I really hate these stupid diarrhea-brown beetles on the island. They're so stupidly skittish! I've scared away, like, 7 of them completely on accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom