• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaruru

hey guys, just started the game. :D
looks like we have to add each other on the 3DS friend list in order to visit others' town?

Please add mine and pm me yours when done :p
Profile: **JA**
Friend Code: 3823-8521-8436

I'll probably read the last few pages and add you guys later tonite

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
My copy finally came in. The whole game feels like a cozy, comfort-blanket. :p

Two questions though:

• When fishing, there are some fish that are a little bit bigger, with the back fin sticking out like sharks. How the heck do you catch those? They always nibble away and disappear soon as I try to real them in when the floater submerges.
  • How the heck do I make it so my town's gates are open and ready to accept visitors?

For the sharks, just reel them in when the floater goes under water. There's really nothing more to it. You might be doing it too late or soon. Sorry I can't be more helpful there.

Go to to the train station and talk to the guy there to open your gates.

anyone know or have a nice list of sell/buy prices for Re-Tails? every where i see on the internet seems to be wrong and the prima guide is useless i know for a fact a shark wont sell for 60,000 bells

Rosie keeps telling me how exhausted I look and that I should take a break. I'm assuming this is the game's way of telling me I've been playing too long.

Shut up, Rosie. You don't know me. You don't know my life.

Hey guys, can I visit one of you? It's 5 AM my time so nothing is going on here and I would love to visit another town :D

My friend code is 2836-0194-8979

I'm still up adding whoever from GAF.

PM me if you add me so I can add ya back

3866-8042-6393

I have 5 stacks of cherries if anyone wants to trade (you can do that right?) for 5 stacks of any other fruit and a dimetrodon torso fossil.

FC: 1735-9911-8184, PM me

hey guys, just started the game. :D
looks like we have to add each other on the 3DS friend list in order to visit others' town?

Please add mine and pm me yours when done :p
Profile: **JA**
Friend Code: 3823-8521-8436

I'll probably read the last few pages and add you guys later tonite

Added all you guys. I'm 1032 1236 7452.

anyone know or have a nice list of sell/buy prices for Re-Tails? every where i see on the internet seems to be wrong and the prima guide is useless i know for a fact a shark wont sell for 60,000 bells

Read closely.

The guide tells you the value of the item.

Retail gives you 1/4 of the value.

So if you put it up for sale, a villager will pay you up to 60,000.

Argh so pissed right now. I hadn't seen a damn bug net at T&T's for two days, finally got whats her name at the Town Hall to sell me one. I go out and start catching my first bugs. Sweet!

I get a few extra fireflies, fill up my sack with some seashells, and head back to Re-Tail, sell my stuff. I go outside, and there's a cool looking bug on the sign. So I pull out my net, wait that's my fishing pole. Hit right again - that's my shovel. One more time - fishing pole again. What. The. Fuck. I just sold my net by accident.

Am I going to have to wait days for one to become available? The last two days just the shovel and fishing pole have been for sale.

I just wanna catch some bugs!!!

So just wondering - what's the best way to maximise tree growth if you have a lot of fruit trees you want to grow, for example? At the very least I know about not planting a tree directly next to anything (leaving a 1-hole border around it), but I noticed this rule list in an FAQ:

1) Trees will not grow immediately next to water, cliffs, other trees, rocks,
buildings, signs, plazas, and bridges.

2) No more than eight trees will grow within a 7x7 square plot of land.

3) Within a 5x5 square plot of land that already has twelve shrubs, a tree will
not grow.

Var

Argh so pissed right now. I hadn't seen a damn bug net at T&T's for two days, finally got whats her name at the Town Hall to sell me one. I go out and start catching my first bugs. Sweet!

I get a few extra fireflies, fill up my sack with some seashells, and head back to Re-Tail, sell my stuff. I go outside, and there's a cool looking bug on the sign. So I pull out my net, wait that's my fishing pole. Hit right again - that's my shovel. One more time - fishing pole again. What. The. Fuck. I just sold my net by accident.

Am I going to have to wait days for one to become available? The last two days just the shovel and fishing pole have been for sale.

I just wanna catch some bugs!!!

That sucks. My gf sold her watering can by accident today and neither of us have the gardening shop open yet.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm beyond help at this point

hni_0074_mpoecurf.jpg

Wow your stats are almost 100% identical to mine, except mine is 3rd place and 1 more hour played.

I'd be closer to 60 hours played right now if I didn't work 9-5 and get home by 6.

Stoze

Anyone down to open their town up and hangout? I still haven't been to anyone's town yet, really need to get rid of some of these oranges ><. FC: 2380 3172 2573

I'm beyond help at this point

hni_0074_mpoecurf.jpg

Too lazy to take a picture, upload it, and post it here, but:

Play time: 20:12 (2nd place behind Pokemon Black 2 with 77:23)
Times Played: 18 (7th place, Black 2 is 1st with 64)
Average Place Time: 1:07 (8th place, first is Dragon Quest IX with 1:33)

Oh man, that Japanese girl added me and we're just hanging out in eachother's towns.
She gave me some JP exclusives and I gave her my rainbow screen.
We're just two AC players from across the world hanging out.
This is the kind of stuff this game was made for.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What kind of beetles are you guys and gals selling from the island?

Mentioned before, but every beetle that appears on the outer palm trees sell for 6k or more at retail. Think there are 5 types. Stag, Elephant, Horned Atlas, Golden, and Cyclommatus.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Giant and Rainbow stags also appear on the trees in the middle and sell for 10k, but they're kind of rare comparatively

c2morg

Hey I bought the game digitally, if I go out an buy a cart as well, can I have 2 towns running or is the save on the memory card?

Slow down man...you do realize each season offers different things right? Dont burn out...

Yeah, well i've been playing it while watching E3 so the vast majority of the time I wasn't actually "Playing" it per se but rather was just aimlessly walking around while watching a live stream.

ohlawd

I'm glad I paid off my 2nd bridge even if it's just a paltry 128k. That was my biggest concern since my layout is atrocious and the 2nd bridge will help me out tremendously between island and home switching.

Elija2

The most I've made in one island trip is about 180k. How are you guys catching some of those beetles on the island? They fly away so fast, even when I'm sneaking I can't get close enough to catch them.

Also I'm too scared to chop down the trees because I'm not sure if they'll grow back.

can bridges be demolished after you build them or are they among the permanent town items? i have a villager living right where i need to put a bridge and i'm thinking of putting it somewhere else until he maybe moves out in the future, but i dont wanna put down a bridge i can't get rid of.

ohlawd

The most I've made in one island trip is about 180k. How are you guys catching some of those beetles on the island? They fly away so fast, even when I'm sneaking I can't get close enough to catch them.

Also I'm too scared to chop down the trees because I'm not sure if they'll grow back.

Even when on sneaking mode with the net, you have to tilt the pad ever so slightly to go even slower. Yes, you will move slower than a snail but the bugs won't fly away this way.

Labrys

can bridges be demolished after you build them or are they among the permanent town items? i have a villager living right where i need to put a bridge and i'm thinking of putting it somewhere else until he maybe moves out in the future, but i dont wanna put down a bridge i can't get rid of.

You can demolish them, yes.
I think there's a failsafe for demolishing all of them, though. You could possibly become trapped on one side of a river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom