• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie9IGN

Just quickly skimmed through the last page and I feel overwhelmed with things to do, this game is going to be craaaaaaaaazy.

Although I hate that as soon as I have any money I immediately blow it on some crap (kinda like real life).

Kangi

tumblr_modhtgIOR71svf3yto1_400.jpg

Pachimari

I am strongly considering this game. I tried a PS2 version for 10 minutes when I were a kid and didn't understand any of it.

Is it like The Sims? You furniture your house, and can visit other towns, while NPC characters can move in and you run the town as the mayor?

And if another player comes by your town, can you chat?

Lach

Thanks man, I was desperate for some answer. The wait is getting harder.

Good excuse to get some work done at least.

Just found that the code is displayed in your club nintendo account. When you've logged in and the current promotions are displayed, one of them will be your code...

Doczu

To all the people asking why they don't have a code yet:

DON'T WAIT FOR AN E-MAIL (i still don't have mine)! CHECK YOUR CLUB NINTENDO PAGE.

No code there Well, change your browser. I've tried it with Opera and IE, but i couldn't see it (the banner with the code blinked for just a seond and then never showed again). Google Chrome helped me (the oly thing it was usefull for).

Shoogoo

Just found that the code is displayed in your club nintendo account. When you've logged in and the current promotions are displayed, one of them will be your code...

I'm waiting for someone to gift me a code. Are you in the same position?

Shoogoo

To all the people asking why they don't have a code yet:

DON'T WAIT FOR AN E-MAIL (i still don't have mine)! CHECK YOUR CLUB NINTENDO PAGE.

No code there Well, change your browser. I've tried it with Opera and IE, but i couldn't see it (the banner with the code blinked for just a seond and then never showed again). Google Chrome helped me (the oly thing it was usefull for).

Does it also apply when you've gifted a code to a friend? (not sure how it's supposed to work)

I am strongly considering this game. I tried a PS2 version for 10 minutes when I were a kid and didn't understand any of it.

Is it like The Sims? You furniture your house, and can visit other towns, while NPC characters can move in and you run the town as the mayor?

There's no PS2 version of AC its a Nintendo exclusive so I think you mean GameCube?

Anyway its kinda like sims so to answers your first question you do all of that yes.

You can talk to people by using the keyboard displayed on the bottom screen. text chat only

Doczu

Does it also apply when you've gifted a code to a friend? (not sure how it's supposed to work)

Sadly i don't know how that works. Maybe just normally, so they guy/girl get's the code and sends it to you?

@up/guides - thanks bro's! We're bro's, right bro's?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn I thought they dumbed down the sharks in the shark battle tour since I destroyed it the first time; guess not.

LukeTim

FREE CODE GET by logging in to the Nintendo website. No email, though.

Thanks for the free game, NoE.

IDGI... you got New Leaf for logging in?

I know you could get it for free for registering any three of a certain list of games on your Club Nintendo account...

Kokonoe

Banned
This game is really great, and it would be near flawless if it weren't for two glaring flaws.

1. There are a lot of things the game doesn't tell you that you need to know.
2. The requirements for certain things are absurd or silly.

I'll illustrate those two points when I get the time to write a proper review, but other than that, the game is a blast. Hopefully with the next game they'll improve that aspect.

MicH

That was a lot of fun. We caught so many crazy bugs. The Harmonia Museum thanks your town for having much better insect infestations!
It was so much fun! I had like my inventory completely full of bugs and fishes I needed to donate in the end. I think I caught like 5 Dorados as well which sell for 15000!! Needless to say, I just paid off my first house loan.

Also this guy moved in:
Jimmy.jpg

Just.. What. His house is full of cool arcade machines though

Scoot2005

Banned

Dude... This is a Nintendo first party game....

G-Pink

Oh man, I have been beetle collecting for the last few hours, filled my basket with them. I'll probably have enough to pay off a bridge, and my mortgage. So glad I don't have to farm sharks or something like that.

ekim

Still waiting for my code here in Germany (got the game from the "so many games" promotion) - anyone knows when Nintendo sends out the game?

qq more

This game is really great, and it would be near flawless if it weren't for two glaring flaws.

1. There are a lot of things the game doesn't tell you that you need to know.
2. The requirements for certain things are absurd or silly.

I'll illustrate those two points when I get the time to write a proper review, but other than that, the game is a blast. Hopefully with the next game they'll improve that aspect.
I've sort of noticed this flaw when I first started the game. Probably not the same deal since I started the new file late at night, but there were some tasks I had to do involving talking to villagers just so I'm able to do things like changing town tunes and whatnot. The problem was that the villagers were all already asleep at the time... Had to wait hours before finally being able to do anything. Kind of frustrating since I wanted to do stuff. Thankfully that was just a one-time issue.

I haven't dug too deep into the game so I'm looking forward to hear these.

And the game is definitely a blast, I've been putting so many hours into it today. My favorite part right now is the island.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Second day and I managed to get two crossbred flowers. Waha~

An orange cosmos and orange pansy.

Anyone know if it is safe to take out your SD card while the 3DS is asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom