• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Is it weird that I started up my game after I had my house upgrade that Tortimer didn't show up? From what I understood he should be there to tell me about the island.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
My day so far...

N2m18Cq.jpg

05X1BhU.jpg

My attempting of a flag design. Heh.
QLN62Ec.jpg

Pietepiet

Is it possible at all to upload to a secondary Tumblr blog instead of your main blog? I don't want to dump AC screenshots on my main blog :\

vitacola

Okay, I downloaded my free copy at midnight, played a few minutes and found a nice place for my house.
This morning I get out of my tent and have to look at this:

Piat2Hm.jpg

What the ...?! Who is this Carsten? Am I able to kill him? I'm a bit mad.

Linius

iF4Y5MYMKXPAx.JPG

I went to visit Angrychinchilla in his town Cadaria.

ibbQXgZCT3TGQ2.JPG

He took me on a trip to the island, first time I went. Awesome place, swimming was nice!

iPFDFLgLlVzWx.JPG

We did a bug catching contest. He did better :p

iDqZ6jOh7RbyK.JPG

Learned a few things from Kapp'n

i5HmsqQQHR5sB.JPG

The current look of my house. It's been almost 24 hours since my purchase now. I'm going to spend so many hours with this game :D

Tenck

Okay, I downloaded my free copy at midnight, played a few minutes and found a nice place for my house.

Piat2Hm.jpg

Damn that sucks. Luckily my town is full now with the max capacity of animals. None too close to my house, so I'm very glad.

Salsa

Is it possible at all to upload to a secondary Tumblr blog instead of your main blog? I don't want to dump AC screenshots on my main blog :\

apparently not, I had to make a new account with some old email, was kind of a bummer

send me the link when you do tho! gonna steal all your pixel art

Labrys

Piat2Hm.jpg

I... do not know! He must be a new villager to New Leaf whose English name isn't known yet. Be sure to tell us when he moves in.
Bad luck on his house placement, though. I chose my house in the dip of a river so I haven't had that problem yet.

MicH

The villagers like to move in right in front of your nose, it seems. Thankfully it hasn't happened to me, but I did also place my house in a tight spot, where they only can move in behind my house

Linius

I had my house placed south of the river in my town and everyone else lived up north. Now I'm going to get a new neigbour south of the river but still with some distance from my house. I made sure with some trees around me and the cliff at my doorstep that no one could move in right beside me. Oh and I have retail just above me, and the boat to the island (when it arrives) is right below my house. Very comfy that way.

StayDead

I was annoyed when a villager in my game moved in behind my house first week of my game back at JP launch. He then turned out to be one of my favourite villagers <33

Salsa

I had my house placed south of the river in my town and everyone else lived up north. Now I'm going to get a new neigbour south of the river but still with some distance from my house. I made sure with some trees around me and the cliff at my doorstep that no one could move in right beside me. Oh and I have retail just above me, and the boat to the island (when it arrives) is right below my house. Very comfy that way.

trees aint shit, they'll move and remove them either way

Linius

trees aint shit, they'll move and remove them either way

They would go as far as to (re)move my trees? :/

I planted some foreign fruit around my house since I live right at the cliff where I have plenty of sun for them to grow. They better not steal my peaches!

MicH

They would go as far as to (re)move my trees? :/

I planted some foreign fruit around my house since I live right at the cliff where I have plenty of sun for them to grow. They better not steal my peaches!
They'll also trash your flowers if they're in the way. They show no respect. If they want to live a certain place, they will

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't like the island stuff for some reason. Just feels like it takes out the fun of running around in a world you helped create.

Soooo....Is there a small introduction guide for those of us that started playing AC for the first time? Like what about the visiting other places and what can we do with flowers and things like that?

I think the game does a poor introduction on what you can do on it :/ I only was able to start doing shit thanks to reading gaf posts.

Cheers!

I also would like to know this.
I see you guys dropping FCs left and right and I'm not too sure if that would be beneficial to my Animal Crossing experience. I'm hearing about this "island" talk and I have no idea what that is.

So far I'm 2-3 days in and I'm waiting on this town-development thing to get approved. All I'm doing at this point is fishing, catching bugs, and picking up shells to prep for paying my 98,000 bells for upgrading my house.
Is there anything special I should be doing? Should I leave my FC here like everyone else is doing?

vitacola

Damn that sucks. Luckily my town is full now with the max capacity of animals. None too close to my house, so I'm very glad.

I... do not know! He must be a new villager to New Leaf whose English name isn't known yet. Be sure to tell us when he moves in.
Bad luck on his house placement, though. I chose my house in the dip of a river so I haven't had that problem yet.
Okay, thanks for your answers and condolence.

Am I able to "move" him later in the game?

MicH

I also would like to know this.
I see you guys dropping FCs left and right and I'm not too sure if that would be beneficial to my Animal Crossing experience. I'm hearing about this "island" talk and I have no idea what that is.

So far I'm 2-3 days in and I'm waiting on this town-development thing to get approved. All I'm doing at this point is fishing, catching bugs, and picking up shells to prep for paying my 98,000 bells for upgrading my house.
Is there anything special I should be doing? Should I leave my FC here like everyone else is doing?
If you would like to visit another town or have someone visit yours, then sure - add some people in the thread. It is not essential or anything, but it is very fun to play with others.

The island will unlock for you soon. Don't worry about that. You seem to be doing everything right.

gerudoman

How I'm supposed to play the minigames from the island with random people? From what I understood, you have to wait a while before starting the tour, but no one shows up.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How I'm supposed to play the minigames from the island with random people? From what I understood, you have to wait a while before starting the tour, but no one shows up.
Really? I always have one person show within the minute; I go international though.

Would any gaffer that has a Bug Net and Axe available in their store be willing to let me pop into their town to buy them? My store has only be stocking the Shovel and Fishing Rod for 2 days now and I'm getting fed up of not being to do anything.

I can also bring over a truck load of Pears to trade for any other kind of fruit as well.

New player in the UK here. Added to the spreadsheet.
My fruit is Cherry. We'd love to see you in Lemonton :-D

Will add my fellow 0 GMT'ers today.

I can't figure out the hidden quotey wotey things.

Friend code is 051672591591 DM me your code when added & I'll add you back.

eXistor

Just added myself to the form!

I'm gonna be adding a bunch of you guys today, feel free to add me as well!

For quick reference, my in-game name is Frank and my town is Onett.

FC is 4468-0952-4790

Got it today in the mail from Amazon. Started up on a nice little map with a straightforward river, and well-located bridges/ramps. One of my villagers is Twiggy, who I recognized from an old BitF comic I read before the release date, cheepers. I also have a duck, a pig, a cat, and a mouse, though I'm not too worried about the mouse, since he's clearly a ninja.

Did some tutorial errands for Isabelle, bought a shovel and a bug catching net at Nooklings, got stung by bees, caught a bunch of bugs and dug up some fossils, and used the money rock to get enough to pay off the house's down payment at Nook's. Overall, a very productive first day, though I had Gulliver on my beach, but no Megaphone.

Kokonoe

Banned
I went through sheer, utter HECK to get this, but I finally have the Silver Fishing Rod.

iqbi0BgHAGqMP.JPG

iEEx7PvB9wtIn.JPG

I could've upgraded my house for the price of that museum upgrade. lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can you sell things at other people's Re-Tail? Like if I go to someone else's town, could I unload all the stuff I have in my inventory now? 'Cause my Re-Tail doesn't open for another two hours and I was thinking of asking a UK-GAFfer if I could come over and borrow theirs. :lol

Joqu

Aww man I was hoping I'd get my Animal Crossing download code today, but NOE hasn't sent me an email yet and it isn't on my Club Nintendo account yet either. Oh well. :(

Kangi

Can you sell things at other people's Re-Tail? Like if I go to someone else's town, could I unload all the stuff I have in my inventory now? 'Cause my Re-Tail doesn't open for another two hours and I was thinking of asking a UK-GAFfer if I could come over and borrow theirs. :lol
Yep.

You can also take advantage of their specials; I sold my cherries at 1,000 bells a pop at Lin's town the other night.

Linius

Would any gaffer that has a Bug Net and Axe available in their store be willing to let me pop into their town to buy them? My store has only be stocking the Shovel and Fishing Rod for 2 days now and I'm getting fed up of not being to do anything.

I can also bring over a truck load of Pears to trade for any other kind of fruit as well.

Are you still in need of a bugnet? If you can get online right now you can buy it at my shop. I have to leave home in 25 minutes though.

PM me your FC if you want to come over :)

magnetic

No, just pure playtime, meaning when it's open and running.

I love seeing how much I played, and when. Even when it's sometimes a bit alarming ;) But now that my initial rush is over I think I'll settle for one or two hours each day, so that I don't burn out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom