• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a random girl from Japan on the island and we had fun showing our stuff off and trading items. She had a lot of stuff but didn't have the NA-exclusive Rainbow Screen yet so I gave mine to her.

She didn't speak much English and I didn't speak much Japanese but using what little we knew we were able to communicate and get by.

Her house was amazing!

tumblr_modu80lMuJ1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_modu640bS31sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_modua0rHDO1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_moduds4Oq71sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_moduf5wvRy1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_modugiKPpx1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_moduhzzNBa1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_moduj8T6cp1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_modukbU3yK1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_modulv0UNj1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Hasney

You're just a figurehead. We all know who has the real power.

Pretty much. Well I found that smug son of a bitches hidden stash in the rock and I paid him off with it. I don't know why I'm enabling him, but I wish I could see the look on his face when he realised.

He might have already realised though. I noticed the raccoon kid has 2 black eyes... Fucking Nook. I've warned the town to get out and save themselves through the notice board and we'll see who heeds my words.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I work up early to find out none of the shops in game are open. No one is even up :(

And my house is the same size as the tent :/

Kokonoe

Banned
I dig your style! I have the same face and hair, only mine is orange. Your place looks really sweet.

Thanks! Well, orange goes with everything. Speaking of orange, I had these orange tulips that the florist gave me that he doesn't sell in his shop, I did a short time travel and traveled back to my original time and they were gone. Guess it's harder to take care of those.

Haha, thanks on the place, too. The second I saw a Gamecube, I couldn't help but nab that at the Nook shop.

Random, but your hair in your avatar kind of looks like cheese puffs!

magnetic

Once you become a Club Tortimer member (50 coins) you can! You can choose between connecting with anyone internationally or only people in your region.

Wow, that is cool. Those pics from the japanese girl looks fantastic, I has no idea the Nook shop could evolve into a full-fledged department store!

Thanks! Well, orange goes with everything. Speaking of orange, I had these orange tulips that the florist gave me that he doesn't sell in his shop, I did a short time travel and traveled back to my original time and they were gone. Guess it's harder to take care of those.

Haha, thanks on the place too, the second I saw a Gamecube I couldn't help but nab that at the Nook shop.

Random, but your hair in your avatar kind of looks like cheese puffs!

Yeah, I have your hairstyle now, today I changed back to the "cheese puff" style but more dark brownish, don't really like it, but have to live with it for today ;) I'm kinda glad the game forces you to stick with it for a day, similar to how you have to deal with having a bad haircut in real life. That way making a choice actually means something!

I'm also really glad I ended up with that style of eyes, I would have just started over if I ended up with some of these other options.

Hasney

Once you become a Club Tortimer member (50 coins) you can! You can choose between connecting with anyone internationally or only people in your region.

How the hell am I supposed to save the king, prince and the beautiful princess in my Streetpass quest if I'm spunking all my coins in AC? Did Nook but them up to this?

kubus

I have been resetting since yesterday, still no Bob :'(. I just wanna play the gaaameeee

I refuse to play this game without Bob as a neighbour. Yes I know its stupid, I just can't help it.

magnetic

Never played one of these games before, should I bite?

Read through the thread a bit, that should give you a good idea of how much fun this game can be and how differently people play it! Just be aware that it's a very different kind of experience to almost any other game out there.

K' Dash

How the hell am I supposed to save the king, prince and the beautiful princess in my Streetpass quest if I'm spunking all my coins in AC? Did Nook but them up to this?

WIth streetpass hits? I have like 250 coins, I wish I could give some to my GF :/ she spends them all in the Goddamn panels.

subtles

I just love it when the villagers whistle the town tune. I was able to plant apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, cherries, coconuts, pears and other fruits I can't even remember. I'm afraid rather than develop my town I'm doing the opposite lol.

Are there any shirt creator apps?

I know there is a program that automatically generates a pattern with palette based on a picture you import. But I am looking for an MSPaint-like program for designing on my own, one that might even generate a valid QR code, perhaps.

Why aren't there any links to pattern apps in the OP?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Outfitter
tumblr_modv8ivChf1sv6g38o1_400.jpg

Loan fulfiller
tumblr_modv9tqRhE1sv6g38o1_400.jpg

Home maker
tumblr_modvazPS8G1sv6g38o1_400.jpg

This game is pretty fun so far! :) Hope to run into some of you guys soon.

Morning, ACgaf!

I'm trying to collect the Legend of Zelda pieces, so if any of you are willing to trade I have some Mario ones I'm offering up. I have Fi's Mask and the Master Sword.

Also, I'm looking for oranges, mangoes, bananas, persimmons, and lychees. I have pears, peaches, cherries, apples, lemons, and durians that I'm willing to offer up in trade.

FC is 4897-6355-0272 C:

CraigVil

Neo Member
Morning, ACgaf!

I'm trying to collect the Legend of Zelda pieces, so if any of you are willing to trade I have some Mario ones I'm offering up. I have Fi's Mask and the Master Sword.

Also, I'm looking for oranges, mangoes, bananas, persimmons, and lychees. I have pears, peaches, cherries, apples, lemons, and durians that I'm willing to offer up in trade.

FC is 4897-6355-0272 C:

Any chance I could swap some of your foreign fruit for some of my bells?

sorry, how does one become a tortimer member?

Sorry! I should have been more clear. Once you unlock the island you can travel there for the bug catching etc. like others have been talking about. You can also play minigames by yourself or with others to get island coins. No play coins involved here!

When you save up 50 coins Gram might have a paper in her shop that you can purchase to become a Club Tortimer member.

Wow, that is cool. Those pics from the japanese girl looks fantastic, I has no idea the Nook shop could evolve into a full-fledged department store!

It can, but amazingly that was her house in that photo!

Randdalf

I just dug up 3 fossils which are worth collectively 12,000 bells, which is enough to make my first down payment... but they're quite evidently rare fossils. Donate or sell?

Forkball

Holy crap, random people on the island? THIS GAME HAS EVERYTHING. Though I'm disappointed by the third or fourth day in a row without a wetsuit. TWO aloha shirts today? C'mon, Tortimer.

Marvie_3

Banned
I just dug up 3 fossils which are worth collectively 12,000 bells, which is enough to make my first down payment... but they're quite evidently rare fossils. Donate or sell?

Donate. It's not hard to make 10,000. It's a lot harder to find those fossils again.

Ah, cant wait to play this on the 25th. This thread is making it so hard :(

Does anyone have the Prima guide? How is it?

I've got it!

My guidebook just came in! It's much better quality than what I expected.
527 full-color pages fit into a book that's about the same thickness of an OG 3DS. So this thing is crammed with stuff. I don't think I saw any open space whatsoever.
The cover under the dust jacket is really cute, too.

It's got some good lists (though the neighbor list is only names and details separated by species -- no individual pictures here), details all the events, etc. Can't tell if anything's missing from it though as the game's only just come out. It's nice that it shows some of the JP and EU exclusive DLC.

It's Prima but the only errors I've found are mispelling Lloid's name as Lloyd every time he's mentioned (even when accompanied by a screenshot including his name), and the prices for just about everything are wildly incorrect. They list "value" so I assume it means Bells but regular Sharks are definitely not worth 60,000 Bells.

There's a code inside for an online searchable item database but I haven't checked it out yet.

For $14 or whatever I'm happy with it.

The "price errors" are actually just listing the suggested retail value. Just cut everything down to 25% of what it says and that's how much you can sell it for. Not an error after all.

Anyone with pears need fruit? That's the last one I haven't managed to collect and I'd love to find two or three pieces to get some trees going. I could bring peaches, coconuts, lemons, lychees, durians, cherries, oranges, or apples for a quick trade.

You might even get a chance to see my beak...

tumblr_modwsjBrrA1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Some new stuff today:

HNI_0099.JPG

Yaaay, Ribbot is moving to my town! Too bad he decided to place his house in front of mine. So much for having the whole area to myself, although Agnes already destroyed that dream.

HNI_0004.JPG

Katrina is in my town today. Some wiggidy wackness is happening here.

HNI_0005.JPG

Some new structure is getting built on my main street. :O

HNI_0009.JPG

My cool new pipe with a piranha plant included!

And last but not least...
HNI_0013.JPG

Booyah.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone with pears need fruit? That's the last one I haven't managed to collect and I'd love to find two or three pieces to get some trees going. I could bring peaches, coconuts, lemons, lychees, durians, cherries, oranges, or apples for a quick trade.
I can drop off a ton of pears if you need them.

Cdammen

Argh! I didn't get my booked copy from the usual place. I was too late in pre-ordering. Will have to grab it elsewhere. I'm really craving AC and I need something to relax with this weekend.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its probably not that uncommon, but I found it funny that I was able to buy the Mona Lisa on my first day. Hopefully it wont attract too many art tourists to my house :p

Can...Can I come over and take some of your oranges and lychees? ;_;

I can drop off a ton of pears if you need them.

Oh, I'd appreciate. Do you need anything in return?

Can...Can I come over and take some of your oranges and lychees? ;_;

Of course! I can drop 3 oranges (still growing more trees since I started with just two) and a bunch of lychees in front of the station.

1332-7921-3652 and I can open the gate once I've added you.

If anyone — particularly the new EuroGAFers needs a fishing rod or a shovel, I have spares of both I can drop for you in front of the station in my town if you want to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom