• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Repost for the new page:
Any way to send a letter to a person from a different town without going to that town?

..Or at least writing the letter in my hometown before needing to go there to send it? Because currently I cant even select one of my "best friends" from the mailwriting screen.

TehOh

So my 3DS screwed me up. The battery wasnt making a good connection with the contacts and it reset my system last night while playing. Not a huge deal except that it reset my time as well...and I didnt realize this until Isabelle was all shocked to see me. I promptly quit and put the time back but the game already made note of this and I was screwed.

-A years worth of weeds in my town.
-Villagers think I abandoned them for a year.
-Stores under renovations.
-Roaches in my house.
-Hair is a mess but I dont have the hairdresser yet.

It hurts, gaf! Hurts so much!

I almost wiped the town completely but I couldnt say goodbye to my villagers :(

Theyre all easy fixes too but now I feel like I gamed the system by time travelling. I NEVER do this in Animal Crossing and now my game is permanently tainted with it.

That's actually really fascinating. It's like you went Rip Van Winkle.

weredog

Neo Member
I've never played an Animal Crossing before but, damn, this is addictive! It'l only my first day but I've put a down payment on my house. Hope I'll be able to grab a bug net tomorrow and then start those renovations. All my friends only seem to have Cherries though...Any way of getting the other fruits?

ramyeon

Finally downloading this here in Australia! Might start up my village tonight and then properly start playing in the morning since nothing will be open. Excitement.

Add me guys: 0473-8979-1231

I'm from the UK and have no idea what I'm doing, pretty much my first Animal Crossing; I'm just fishing a lot at the moment, and I'll have a house tomorrow! :) The online stuff might be fun, and I promise not to trample on anyone's flowers.

When people add you, do you get a notification to accept or?

What's the deal with fruit? I seem to only have cherries. And my flowers are dying, will the villagers water them? They seem to have watering cans.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I'm from the UK and have no idea what I'm doing, pretty much my first Animal Crossing; I'm just fishing a lot at the moment, and I'll have a house tomorrow! :) The online stuff might be fun, and I promise not to trample on anyone's flowers.

What's the deal with fruit? I seem to only have cherries. And my flowers are dying, will the villagers water them? They seem to have watering cans.

I've never played an Animal Crossing before but, damn, this is addictive! It'l only my first day but I've put a down payment on my house. Hope I'll be able to grab a bug net tomorrow and then start those renovations. All my friends only seem to have Cherries though...Any way of getting the other fruits?

Dont run over your flowers or they withe. Villagers sometimes water flowers, but you need to take care of that when you got the can.

Every village has one native fruit, you'll need to trade the other fruits with online players.

Letep

Does anyone have a link to the post showing the best and worst town setups? I think I picked one that put my river in a bad place.

Got a classic Mario coin from my fortune cookie this morning! It's actually surprisingly huge, so when I get a bigger house I'll probably display it more prominently.

My only gripe so far is that I feel like a bunch of features are locked off until I get my house, but Nook's Homes has been closed the entire time I have the game so I can't even put down my first payment.

Curse you, Nook! Curse you and your immoral housing racket. Harmonia shall rise again!

Can anyone sell me on this game?
I've only played the DS version but only for an hour or so. It didn't really grow on me.

My friend plays it all the time but I just don't see the point. It just seems to me that you meander around the town doing oddjobs so you can get bells so you can buy more stuff so you can get more bells so you can buy new clothes so you can wear a new hat whilst getting more bells to buy a bigger bed.

It just seems somewhat pointless...

syoaran

I've only played the DS version but only for an hour or so. It didn't really grow on me.

My friend plays it all the time but I just don't see the point. It just seems to me that you meander around the town doing oddjobs so you can get bells so you can buy more stuff so you can get more bells so you can buy new clothes so you can wear a new hat whilst getting more bells to buy a bigger bed.

It's a pretty simply game where you live in a tiny village. You strive to do what you want to do in this limited environment [create a great house, decorate your town, be an amazing turnip trader etc], but it's more about experiencing the world rather than influencing it. If your looking for a game with clear objectives and an end date, then you need to look else where. The 30th day in Animal crossing is similar to the 300th day.

Hasney

Got a classic Mario coin from my fortune cookie this morning! It's actually surprisingly huge, so when I get a bigger house I'll probably display it more prominently.

My only gripe so far is that I feel like a bunch of features are locked off until I get my house, but Nook's Homes has been closed the entire time I have the game so I can't even put down my first payment.

Curse you, Nook! Curse you and your immoral housing racket. Harmonia shall rise again!

Finally, someone else sees this Nook bastard for what he is.

House isn't going to be built until the morning. I'm guessing he's high again.

That's exactly what you're in for. Unfortunately if you don't see the appeal there's not too much more to the game. Fortunately you might try your hand at it and realize all this seemingly mundane activity is actually quite fun.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I bumped into Teddy this morning, a few min after booting the game, and he suggested we jog to my house. So we did.

I like this game, I like this game very much.

Akira_83

Banned
how do you get all that awesome furniture i see in the screenshots posted here?

my house looks like shit and retails and nooklings dont offer anything but ugly accessories

like i saw an L shaped sectional sofa i want and flat screen tv, etc

do i have to wait longer? someone said they dont upgrade the store until after you spent 8000?! thats BS because why waste a ton of bells cluttering your inventory/storage with stuff you dont want just to get the good stuff?

there should be an order magazine on the counter where you can buy anything in the game and have it delivered to store

is there some website that atleast shows all possible furniture to buy so i know what i can look out for?

thanks

Toma

my house looks like shit and retails and nooklings dont offer anything but ugly accessories

like i saw an L shaped sectional sofa i want and flat screen tv, etc

do i have to wait longer? someone said they dont upgrade the store until after you spent 8000?! thats BS because why waste a ton of bells cluttering your inventory/storage with stuff you dont want just to get the good stuff?

there should be an order magazine on the counter where you can buy anything in the game and have it delivered to store

is there some website that atleast shows all possible furniture to buy so i know what i can look out for?

thanks

1. Shaking the trees gives you two items each day. Talking to villagers often makes them give or trade you items.

2. The store cant be upgraded if they dont have money to do so, makes sense, eh?

3. You can order stuff you already found/bought once.

4. There are 1200 furniture items, so I dont think it would help you much to look at a page. Just check Nook each day and get random items to see whatever you might like and what not. Its very satisfying to gradually work on your perfect appartment.

This is stuff ONLY from the first day of playing the game:
eZEZbJ1.jpg

Not a big room yet, but if you do some leg work, you'll find some nice items. (I love my shogi board).

Toma

You can get furniture by shaking trees!? WHAT?! All I've found is money!

Also, I want that katana.

Yep, gotta shake all the trees. Easy to miss a few I guess. And that Katana wasnt cheap.. *looks at Nook, the greedy bastard*

Linius

So I got an hungover pellican on my beach today. It took me quite some time to wake him up but after he told me some story he said he'd send me a rare souvenir 'some time'.

Chuckpebble

Also, try and buy everything that the store has every day. Even the shovels. Take the things you don't want and mail them to villagers. I've gotten something new in return every time. And its a great way to upgrade your stores(s) faster.

Marvie_3

Banned
So I got an hungover pellican on my beach today. It took me quite some time to wake him up but after he told me some story he said he'd send me a rare souvenir 'some time'.

I got a world map to hang on my wall after I answered his question correctly.

Roto13

omg, dick

someone's moving into my town, and they put their plot of land over top of a growing sprout!

I planted my one bamboo shoot somewhere I didn't think anyone would move in but then someone immediately did. Thankfully his house was slightly north and to the east of the bamboo so it survived.

Yep, gotta shake all the trees. Easy to miss a few I guess. And that Katana wasnt cheap.. *looks at Nook, the greedy bastard*

Note to self: tree genocide on lunch break today. Actually brought my 3DS downtown with me (which I never do) solely because of AC.

I found Gulliver this morning too. He basically made me answer a trivia question about the Netherlands and then said he'd send me a present. Hopefully it's not a pair of wooden shoes!

...on second thought, hopefully it is. I want clogs.

Toma

You know what would have been nice? If you got the choice to decide where new villagers could place their houses. You are the mayor, after all.

Just like the mayor of your town decided where you are allowed to live, right? ;p

I'm totally bro'ing my guy out right now, down to the yolo/swag shirt that says "Bro, do u even lift?" And now one of my townspeople wants to call me "Muscles", so it's pretty great.

GeekyDad

I met a random girl from Japan on the island and we had fun showing our stuff off and trading items. She had a lot of stuff but didn't have the NA-exclusive Rainbow Screen yet so I gave mine to her.

She didn't speak much English and I didn't speak much Japanese but using what little we knew we were able to communicate and get by.

Her house was amazing!

That's pretty awesome. I didn't even know you could hook up with random folks until yesterday. I thought the island just had some mini-games. Very glad to hear the series is finally evolving in that direction.

I just unlocked the island yesterday and today will be my first visit there.

MrMario315

Neo Member
New Leaf day 1

It Begins!!
CaFZBiq.jpg

Hello Sir..Captain...Duck are you alright!?!?!
js07x2C.jpg

Thousand year door reference :O
I0nLPvm.jpg

The AC balloon taunting villagers since 2002
qbcALjb.jpg

Really enjoying the game so far and was lucky enough to get the fishing rod and shovel on the first day (friend of mine got axe and slingshot ouch).

iMarkyP

Neo Member

Hi there, i've added you. I'm UK as well, got pears for some sweet sweet trading action !

My FC is : 0044-2788-7920 , you will need to add me in your 3DS friend section first.

I've added you dude. Could I please have the fishing rod? Do you need anything? I have some random furniture (balloon furniture and a few other bits and bobs) plus a pear if you need that? I also have a Metroid head thing.

My FC is 3566 1520 6767.

I could really use a fishing rod, been dying to catch some fishies but no luck at the store so far.

1263-6292-5082

Added you both. If you guys open up your gates, I can bring fishing rods as gifts. No need to trade. :)

(Sorry for the late reply. Was on the island with a couple of GAFers.)

Milpool

You can get furniture by shaking trees!? WHAT?! All I've found is money!

Also, I want that katana.

I found a cardboard box in a tree yesterday, as you can imagine I was ecstatic. I traded a grasshopper for a sword with a villager too, looks a little different from the one in the picture above though from memory.

Forkball

I added everyone who quoted me last page. Come on in any time my gate is open (and keep yours open so I can raid your towns).

FOSSIL FINDING TOUR IS HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom