• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Anyone wanna play online? I have a few hours to kill and would love to come pick up some foreign fruit, or lark about on someone's island. I have peaches, if anyone needs them! My code is 3136 6553 7968.

What's the etiquette on visiting? If I see someone's gate open, can I come say hello?

Loving the game so far. Making some Mega Man themed prints/shirts so far and planning on making more. If anyone wants to pick them up feel free to visit!!! If you add me just PM me with your code. Mine is 3050-8562-8579

Added. :)

Anybody add me back: 4957-2777-7267

I've got apples. :)

Hi there, i've added you. I'm UK as well, got pears for some sweet sweet trading action !

My FC is : 0044-2788-7920 , you will need to add me in your 3DS friend section first.

Thank you, added you now. :) Not sure how the online stuff works, but I'll muddle through it.
Is there an actual trading system in the game? How does trading work?

Linius

Loving the game so far. Making some Mega Man themed prints/shirts so far and planning on making more. If anyone wants to pick them up feel free to visit!!! If you add me just PM me with your code. Mine is 3050-8562-8579

Do you need the printer to have your designs laying around like that? Because at this point I have no clue how to turn my design into a painting or give to someone else for instance :(

Loving the goddam game. Is anyone with an island opening their gates today, I reaaally wanted to get a wetsuit! Second day on the job, paid my place yesterday and I woke up in a house today. Happy day.

SmithnCo

Bug Off is tomorrow, I'm going to cheese the hell out of it by catching bugs today and arranging them by size/rarity so that I get the most items out of it.

Kade

Oh sick. I want the Proto Man one.

0087-2326-7611

Sol1dus

you have bad luck

your furniture sheng fui is fucked

if you talk to katrina she'll get rid of it

I just laughed so hard at this. Gotta love AC's explanation for the unknown.

"Elmer's" House is in a bad position...an annoying impediment that is stopping me from creating a second bridge. This would give my mansion access to the rest of my town without me needing to walk around. What's the fastest way to get rid of this joker and what does he look like? I think he's avoiding me because he's never at home.

Do you need the printer to have your designs laying around like that? Because at this point I have no clue how to turn my design into a painting or give to someone else for instance :(

No, you can design patterns at the Abel Sisters shop and then store them under the pink pencil on your touch screen. From there, you can display them on the wall if you're at home or use them as clothes or place them on the ground as a path if you're outside. Talk to Mabel and she'll walk you through making a pro design.

Akira_83

Banned
Also, try and buy everything that the store has every day. Even the shovels. Take the things you don't want and mail them to villagers. I've gotten something new in return every time. And its a great way to upgrade your stores(s) faster.

do i have to wrap the items in order to send them?

Razorskin

----- ------
You need at least
two week after you started the game
, because you need to have the T&T Mart
7 days + 12,000 bells spent or bought 15 items
and wait
5 days
after that.

Dammit, buying stuff at stores I'd never buy just so they get upgrades.

Linius

No, you can design patterns at the Abel Sisters shop and then store them under the pink pencil on your touch screen. From there, you can display them on the wall if you're at home or use them as clothes or place them on the ground as a path if you're outside. Talk to Mabel and she'll walk you through making a pro design.

Cool! I made one design already but I didn't know how to use except for my town flag :p

And is there a maximum of eight patterns or can I store them in my drawer too?

Also, I too have the bug contest in my town tomorrow. Anything I should prepare for to make the most out of it? I have no idea what's going to happen :p

Perfect Cherries and Apples planted. Step one of money making paradise complete.

Also does anyone know what a silver nugget does?

So, planting Perfects makes more Perfects? I have a Perfect Peach tree, good to know!

I'm pissed, one of my villagers gave me a Mango which I immediately planted, only to have a house start to go up right next to it the next day, killing the tree. Whoever that villager is, they are in trouble.

jmoe316

Is anyone aware of an online item checklist or something that can be printed off for this game? I came across a few wiki's that contain all the information but not quite in a format I could use easily.

http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/ - Has pretty much everything but notes the info isn't confirmed for the NA version.
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf - Lets you sort bugs/fish by month to know what you can catch in June (for example).

I am also thinking of picking up the Prima guide as that would probably be the most comprehensive.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Cool! I made one design already but I didn't know how to use except for my town flag :p

And is there a maximum of eight patterns or can I store them in my drawer too?

Also, I too have the bug contest in my town tomorrow. Anything I should prepare for to make the most out of it? I have no idea what's going to happen :p

It's eight right now. I've yet to find any way to remove them to storage and I'm not sure if they expand as the store expands. I hope so. Pattern making is fun.

And I'm clueless about the Bug-Off too. (This is my first AC.) But I've been keeping an assortment of bugs in one of my storage compartments for the past few days. I think we're supposed to hand them to the judge by size small to large for prizes.

For everyone else, offer continues to stand for dropping off a fishing rod or shovel in your town. I think my favorite thing is going to someone's town and just dropping random gifts.

Sane_Man

Added you both. If you guys open up your gates, I can bring fishing rods as gifts. No need to trade. :)

(Sorry for the late reply. Was on the island with a couple of GAFers.)

Thanks very much but MisterSamMan let me into his town and he kindly gave me a rod and we went shark fishing! I was quite poor but thankfully he showed me the ropes and I got one of the suckas! I love this game.

For the Bug Off, he bases his judgements off of size and color (pretty sure this last part's random). Also, the rarer the bug, the more points you get. I won mine with an agrias butterfly with 76 points. When you get over 80, he gives you a prize and everytime you beat the current first place score, he gives you a prize.

Guess I lost my apple tree when Graham decided to move next to my house. No matter, I'll plant another one eventually

Speaking of Graham, mailed me a letter asking me to stop by his place on his b-day (6/20). Gotta get him something good. And I'm currently in his house (Tipper is here as well) and the dude's got computers, a laptop and servers set up along with a large bookcase. What is this dude planning? :O

edit: Never mind about the apple tree. I see it (should get new glasses >_>)

Linius

It's eight right now. I've yet to find any way to remove them to storage and I'm not sure if they expand as the store expands. I hope so. Pattern making is fun.

And I'm clueless about the Bug-Off too. (This is my first AC.) But I've been keeping an assortment of bugs in one of my storage compartments for the past few days. I think we're supposed to hand them to the judge by size small to large for prizes.

For everyone else, offer continues to stand for dropping off a fishing rod or shovel in your town. I think my favorite thing is going to someone's town and just dropping random gifts.

Oh smart, keeping insects in storage. I caught two Agrias today, that would have been good ones I guess. They deliver hard cash as well though :D

Thanks for the help with the patterns. This is my second AC game (the other one being Wild World) but I hardly remember what I did during that time. So many years ago now :p

Guess I lost my apple tree when Graham decided to move next to my house. No matter, I'll plant another one eventually

Speaking of Graham, mailed me a letter asking me to stop by his place on his b-day (6/20). Gotta get him something good. And I'm currently in his house (Tipper is here as well) and the dude's got computers, a laptop and servers set up along with a large bookcase. What is this dude planning? :O

Looks like you guys gonna have a LAN party :p

If you open up your main menu and go to the pink pencil icon at the top, your designs will pop up. Select the one you want and there should be an option "display on ground"

Oh sick. I want the Proto Man one.

0087-2326-7611

Come and get it! I'll add you the first chance I get.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The AC balloon taunting villagers since 2002
qbcALjb.jpg

Oh man I want those 3D glasses so bad.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Please add me and my cousin! We will add you as soon as you have added us. We will try to add people on the last page or two! :)

Zam- 0989-2087-7811
Mekz - 2595-0731-0549

Thanks!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I'm 11 points away from 100 town rating. I've done all the one time stuff, watered all the plants, is there anything other then farming for trash to get the last few points today?

abundant

It's Day 4 now and I've started my first public works project, a campsite. Someone new also just moved in too. I love how every day brings a new adventure.

0087-2710-1612. PM if you've added me.

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Thank you, added you now. :) Not sure how the online stuff works, but I'll muddle through it.
Is there an actual trading system in the game? How does trading work?

So one of us has to have our gates open to allow the other to visit. Once we are in the same place, I think we can just trade by dropping things on the ground. If I remember back Wild World that's how it was done !

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ok, I'm 11 points away from 100 town rating. I've done all the one time stuff, watered all the plants, is there anything other then farming for trash to get the last few points today?

Do things for villagers.

Talking to my own villagers over and over again plus talking to villagers in other towns is what pushed me over the 100% mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom