• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

My friends and I all bought the game day one, but they had access to the island like 2 days before me (Tortimer just showed up in my town today). I assumed a lot of stuff in the game was gated by time, but I guess it's by money/some other thing?

I dunno if the answer to this question should be in spoiler box or not.

Onikaan

Played an hour or so. Need to get comfy and have a good blast at it.

I have Mint in my town. Pretty sure that someone here was looking for her.

That's cold man. Maybe he thinks you're sweet and wants to share some bells with you?

Edit: Good grief, 2k posts in less than a day. I'm so glad though, since this game is fun fun FUN!!!!
Or, he just wants to sarcastically call me that! I'll pass!

Edit: Also, is it me or is it waaaay easier making money in the island? I made over 150,000 bells from my last trip and I did not stay there too long.

Tenck

My friends and I all bought the game day one, but they had access to the island like 2 days before me (Tortimer just showed up in my town today). I assumed a lot of stuff in the game was gated by time, but I guess it's by money/some other thing?

I dunno if the answer to this question should be in spoiler box or not.

It depends on your house I believe.

Need the
second or third upgrade
I believe.

Scoot2005

Banned
Restart the game. After the 3ds image goes away, keep pressing a+b+x+y before the main menu pops up. The option will appear while the loading icon is there.

There you go PAND.

Tiktaalik

It depends on your house I believe.

Need the
second or third upgrade
I believe.

I assumed that, and
I was cursing myself for letting Nooks close last night before I could upgrade my house (I'm at the 1st house, not tent) but I am still at that level
this morning when Tortimer arrived. Perhaps it's a combination of things?
levelling your house
advances things, but it happens after a few days regardless?

I think one of the annoying things about this game is that Tom won't let you upgrade your house while you renovate the exterior, and vice versa.

I'm not always the patient type, so I sometimes hate waiting until the next day.

The game wouldn't let me make Sheldon's greeting:

Deez nuts
These nuts
These knuts
Deez knuts
Deez nutz
These nutz
Deez knutz

-_-

Finally accepted Deez knµtz

I assumed that, and
I was cursing myself for letting Nooks close last night before I could upgrade my house (I'm at the 1st house, not tent) but I am still at that level
this morning when Tortimer arrived. Perhaps it's a combination of things?
levelling your house
advances things, but it happens after a few days regardless?

I do believe it happens the morning after you finish paying for the basic house.

Just decided to hop into this thread, but oh man, this is my first Animal Crossing and I seriously love it. I thought the idea of a 'community simulator' sounded awful, but I adore all my villagers and my little town. I'm suprised I got so into writing letters for little AI villagers as I did.

Westraid

Weird question, but does anyone have any red pants?
Mabel is selling these:
Alq.jpg

They're Imperial Pants apparently.

Celegus

I do believe it happens the morning after you finish paying for the basic house.

Just decided to hop into this thread, but oh man, this is my first Animal Crossing and I seriously love it. I thought the idea of a 'community simulator' sounded awful, but I adore all my villagers and my little town. I'm suprised I got so into writing letters for little AI villagers as I did.

It really is the hardest game to explain why it's so good. But it is so good.

I can finally go to the island today! I'm looking forward to the weekend, it will be the first time I'm able to play during the day and get the good peppy music.

Scoot2005

Banned
The only equiptment I have is a net and shovel after I restarted...... I want my fishing rod back. It's all good though my town layout is amazing now!!

Tenck

I dont even have enough good furniture for one room :/

Also a store is being built right next to the Able Sisters shop. I am excite.

I can't wait till you upgrade you house to a full mansion. You're going to have your head spinning with all that room :d

I remember in City Folk I spent hundreds of hours working my butt off to get different sets for each room. I think I put in easily over 500 hours into that game.

AC NL will be no different :]

abundant

Gates are open. If you want some apples, feel free to take them. And if you have a spare Net, Slingshot, any other fruit, Ax, or Watering Can, I'll gladly take it.

0087-2710-1612

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom