• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Can't wait for tomorrow. Bigger house AND I can select a town ordinance and start funding public works! It's gonna be a great day

Betty

Banned
I really should have payed more attention to the layout. Just went with the first one that came up and it's pretty bad.

Oh well, can you move the buldings locations around?

I don't think so.

Deified Data said:
Edit: Just noticed Re-Tail is way out there...yeah, I'd restart and reroll your map options. Both are stinkers, IMO.

Wait, what's wrong with the second one other than less horizontal river space?

SuperSah

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow. Bigger house AND I can select a town ordinance and start funding public works! It's gonna be a great day

Getting my first house tomorrow.

Working on this permit crap first. When the house is complete, much % does it jump by?

For anyone who is close to 100% approval rating but struggling to get the last few percent there is actually a small trick you can use to keep boosting it. Each time you water a flower and it starts to sparkle you get a tiny bit towards your approval rating, however each time you pick up and place down a sparkling flower it loses the sparkle. Just keep putting down flowers, watering them and picking them back up again, it doesn't go up much however so I'd save it until you are close to 100%.

I wonder what the villagers' responses to that would be.

"What is he doing? He's watering the same flower over and over again. There he goes again!"

"Dude. He's awesome."

I don't think so.

I would go with first. Re-tail is far off, but I like it like that. Mine is also like that, plenty of space for town projects on the way to re-tail (making a road pattern to lead there as well). And let's be honest, how long do you really take to get there? lol

How do I actually get the online stuff to start? where are the gate keepers?

how do I get my friend code?

Press the square smiley face on your home screen, then scroll over to your profile to get your friend code. There should be an option under your personal info as well to see it.

The gate stuff is at the train station, just talk to Porter.

Busaiku

I've been selling almost everything indiscriminately to get them Bells.
Should I start holding on to some stuff?

I've held on to Fossils, Guppy, and Perfect Pear though.

I don't think so.

The river, yes, and the fact that town hall is all the way out in the boonies. The map isn't terrible, but I'd prefer all the major buildings to be a bit closer together. I really like how the event square is smack dab in the middle of the map, though.

Skilled StreetPasser StreetPass 100 times
StreetPass Master StreetPass 300 times
StreetPass Expert StreetPass 1000 times

ibgUgxOyXjPldt.gif

I've been selling almost everything indiscriminately to get them Bells.
Should I start holding on to some stuff?

I've held on to Fossils, Guppy, and Perfect Pear though.

Donate your fossils and your fish. After a while you'll start getting repeats, which you can then sell. Plant your perfect pear to make a perfect pear tree. But you can only get 3 blooms of fruit per tree, so keep planting them and harvesting to get a nice little profit.

had my first online hiccup :p

no longer than I claim to have had a flawless experience :(

Yeah...I have no problem exploring people's towns, but I'll probably think again before I think about trying to turn a profit on another player's island. Next time I do a beetle run I'm doing it in my own game.

Awesome, thanks!

Bug off tomorrow guys!

Can't wait!

Anyone know if bugs you catch on the island count?

I'd restart while you still can. I'm not a believer in dealing with crappy map layouts unless you absolutely have to.

I'd like to..but I've already payed the deposit, got 20,000 bells and a few cool items. It's only about 3 hours of progress but I'd hate to lose it. And I like the dudes in the village too

stuminus3

Ha, I did it backwards. "Get girl addicted to Animal Crossing, marry her." One of the sweetest things about this game, recaptures a lot of the moments from when I was dating her during the GameCube era.
I have the exact same story. :D

Our AC memory card from back then is still sitting in my Wii. Over 10 years old now. The kids are forbidden to touch it.

Westraid

For anyone who is close to 100% approval rating but struggling to get the last few percent there is actually a small trick you can use to keep boosting it. Each time you water a flower and it starts to sparkle you get a tiny bit towards your approval rating, however each time you pick up and place down a sparkling flower it loses the sparkle. Just keep putting down flowers, watering them and picking them back up again, it doesn't go up much however so I'd save it until you are close to 100%.
I love you. Been stuck at 96% for hours and was about to give up. :(

If anyone is in need of apples, feel free to add me (2234-7257-0692), I usually have a few baskets right outside the train station, each containing three. Kindly asking you to take just one basket in case anyone else also needs apples.
Stores will be open for another 1.5 hours, and Nookington is selling a Shovel and a Net. I already have these, so feel free to buy if you haven't gotten them yet.

I'd be happy with any kind of fruit except for apples. An axe would also be welcome.

skarabrae

Banned
I FINALLY have time to play this game now that E3 2013 is done, so I'm about half way to paying off my house (10k bells) and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Also, donated a bunch of fossils to the museum and overall enjoying my experience.

Mr E.

Hi, New euro player here, looking for friends for this game. (nice people please it's my sons system, he won't wreck your town or anything lol). He tells me he's apple native??? Eh.

FC.0130-1878-9820.

Please pm me your codes and we'll except.
Many thanks.

Haha, I got my wife hooked too. I asked her last night if she was enjoying it and all she gave me was a "eh, it's ok." I check her activity log and:

2EnSqJX.jpg

:)

I bought a copy of the game during my lunch and sent a pic of it to my wife. Now she freaking out. In fact I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy another 3DS because when October rolls around I'm going to be just as addicted to Pokemon X/Y.

I love you. Been stuck at 96% for hours and was about to give up. :(

If anyone is in need of apples, feel free to add me (2234-7257-0692), I usually have a few baskets right outside the train station, each containing three. Kindly asking you to take just one basket in case anyone else also needs apples.
Stores will be open for another 1.5 hours, and Nookington is selling a Shovel and a Net. I already have these, so feel free to buy if you haven't gotten them yet.

I'd be happy with any kind of fruit except for apples. An axe would also be welcome.

I'll take that net :)

Esque7

So I bought this on an impulse buy last night, after I told myself I wouldn't buy the game. The game sure brings back WW memories! I might post my fc after I get done with the intro stuff. Also are golden tools still in this game?

MicH

Also putting some stuff up for sale at Re-Tail seemed to help me get those few points for the permit! And the animals are easy to convince so they can buy your overpriced shit, mwhaha

Gvaz

Banned
Holy crap, I had no idea that was a thing. Does it work for every game, or is it specific to this one?

Press L+R. Image is saved to your SD card.

Next, open up your browser on your 3ds and go to http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/image-share/ to see how to upload it.

I know that feel. Stay strong. A duck moved literally 1 square from me.
Give L+R a try ;) then, you simply move it from ur SD to your PC

Uploading via the 3ds is much faster.

create.php

Anyone have any slingshots I could buy?

SuperSah

Banned
Also putting some stuff up for sale at Re-Tail seemed to help me get those few points for the permit! And the animals are easy to convince so they can buy your overpriced shit, mwhaha

Oh, MicH. xD

Nook wanted to give me 6k for a fossil, but Re-Tail gave me 7.5k.

I never felt so much satisfaction in my life.

They are. I bought a guitar for 1,500, put it up for 5,000 - the bird guy walks in and says "I'm interested in buying this but it's kinda expensive, do you think I should?". I told him "yes" so he bought it then said it was a good deal. Weird

Kokonoe

Banned
Wonderful! Any tips on growing perfect fruit?

Excuse the late post, I didn't notice due to the quotes being gone.

This is what I did.

1. Found one randomly on my tree the first day I played.
2. Planted it not near a wall or up against another tree.
3. When it finally grew, I just kept planting what was on the trees until I had a perfect apple farm.

So, nothing secretive, just keep planting when you find one and make sure it's not near a wall or another tree. Keep them one square spaced away.

tumblr_moebsm10VV1qadfdgo1_400.jpg

I few days into my mayor-ship of HoboCamp and I seem to have accidentally sold my favourite denim jacket. How can I get it back? Do you gain access to the catalogue after a week or so?

Linius

Excuse the late post, I didn't notice due to the quotes being gone.

This is what I did.

1. Found one randomly on my tree the first day I played.
2. Planted it not near a wall or up against another tree.
3. When it finally grew, I just kept planting what was on the trees until I had a perfect apple farm.

So, nothing secretive, just keep planting when you find one and make sure it's not near a wall or another tree. Keep them one square spaced away.

I'm busy doing the same with my pears. Waiting for the first perfect pear tree to grow now.

tm24

i never thought i would see the words indie rock spoken by an NPC in Animal Crossing, but sure enough, there it is.

Anyone have any peaches they can give me? FC is 4983-5096-5352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom