• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus.

I have had garbage luck with my fortune cookies. Only have 11 coins and only won 1 thing(pikmin in dirt) :/ Otherwise I finally got 100% approval and almost paid off my second house expansion! Waiting for a friend to play online so I can get some new from his town. Fishing really is a great money maker!

How do I obtain more coins to get more fortune cookies??

Linius

I'm probably going to spend today gunning to pay off my first loan so I can open up the island and start raking in cash lol

Dont get your hopes up. I had my house this morning but Tortimer never showed up to tell me about the island. Might take a day or two longer than you hope.

I have had garbage luck with my fortune cookies. Only have 11 coins and only won 1 thing(pikmin in dirt) :/ Otherwise I finally got 100% approval and almost paid off my second house expansion! Waiting for a friend to play online so I can get some new from his town. Fishing really is a great money maker!

You get 1 coin for every 100 steps the 3dsxl counts with its built-in pedometer. It counts while its in sleep mode.

I want to know why the kids can't go to the island while I can. Kapp'n isn't at the dock.

Linius

Walk around with your 3DS. It counts your steps. Max ten coins a day.

Salsa

alright hosting island trip again for gaf bros

tumblr_moekyftZdN1sv134do1_400.jpg

gates open, we leave when there's 4 of us

since i've got the timer now I might do some competitions with prizes too

Westraid

Others make sense, but why not run? Potential damage to flowers or is there something more?

I run in my own town a lot. I'm not damaging it am I?
Yes, you may ruin the flowers if you run into them. They will disappear.
Running over grass will cause Grass Deterioration. Many people would prefer to keep their grass and flowers intact.

Linius

I like this set up. Can I add you later? Going to sleep now :p

My FC is in the spreadsheet in the OP.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

You cant donate on other people's islands anymore.

Betty

Banned
Ah ok thanks. My son went running about someone's museum lol. No damage done and he knows the score now.

Thanks.

You can run anywhere that doesn't have flowers/grass.

Others make sense, but why not run? Potential damage to flowers or is there something more?

I run in my own town a lot. I'm not damaging it am I?

Running will wear out your grass quicker, it's not supposed to be as bad in New Leaf as it was in City Folk, but there you have it.

Grizzo

You didn't add me or answered to my PM yet :( Or maybe you don't want to add people you don't know. I would also understand that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
im pretty sure people you invite to your town can donate stuff to the museum, that's what I mean. I'd prefer to do all that myself.

Nope, my gf was in my town (online connection) a few hours ago. The owl dude just wished her a nice day.

Salsa

You didn't add me or answered to my PM yet :( Or maybe you don't want to add people you don't know. I would also understand that.

:( I tried to adress it a couple times but my FL is super full and I have tons of PMs asking to add me. Need to go through the list and delete people I dont talk to but its hard

i'll add everyone eventually

being popular is so hard u guyz

How do I tell that someone has added me and that my gates need to be opened?
Will it prompt me with their friend code or something?

So I'm seeing some people in this thread are able to go into other towns or have people give them tools they need. I sold my watering can and I think I'm gonna need a new one.
My friend code is 1719-6262-1272. How will I know when someone has added me?

Salsa

Nope, my gf was in my town (online connection) a few hours ago. The owl dude just wished her a nice day.

huh, good to know I guess

its weird tho cause when you talk to blathers in MP I thought he said something like only letting peeps in your town donate or something. Guess I got it wrong

Yes, you may ruin the flowers if you run into them. They will disappear.
Running over grass will cause Grass Deterioration. Many people would prefer to keep their grass and flowers intact.

Was aware of the flowers obviously, but eek, didn't know about the grass. Read about it on the wikia for the GC version & the complaints about it (There was a petition apparently!). I thought it'd been taken out!

I shall tread carefully around mine and others from now on. Least I realised day one!

Grizzo

:( I tried to adress it a couple times but my FL is super full and I have tons of PMs asking to add me. Need to go through the list and delete people I dont talk to but its hard

i'll add everyone eventually

being popular is so hard u guyz

Oh, it's alright, I get it now. Maybe Nintendo should extend friend list to 500 people to super-popular user from GAF :D

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Please add me and my cousin! We are looking for a town to visit! We will add you as soon as you have added us. PM me if you add us, thanks :)

Zam- 0989-2087-7811
Mekz - 2595-0731-0549

Elija2

So you can add people you meet on the island as friends? Are they friends just in the game or are they added to your 3DS friends list?

Well ef. So I bought a fake version of Lady with an Ermine. ;_;
mmq.jpg

Redd, next time I will come visit you with my new axe.

Happened to me too with the same exact painting. Does Redd only come once a week?

Kangi

Some cat moved into town. Didn't like her. Then she bought a stag off of me for twice its re-tail value. I like her now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
im pretty sure people you invite to your town can donate stuff to the museum, that's what I mean. I'd prefer to do all that myself.

Sadly you can't anymore, it was a feature in other animal crossing games. I used to do it to annoy people like you :3

So, reading up on the grass wearing / "animal tracks" It appears its not bugged in New Leaf as it was in City Folk (apparently). In City Folk you could literally have a desert town that would never grow back grass, effecting insects, events and furniture.

In New Leaf it creates the paths but is apparently fixed and won't go out of control. So you can make aesthetically unpleasing strips, but at least it's not game breaking.

Some people apparently do it on purpose to make paths/streets through their towns. Interesting...

Are some areas just patchy at spawn anyway? I can see a few barren areas in my town, but surely I haven't worn them out on day one after a few hours play?

MKUltra

I'm still on my first day/night but I just found that Sylvia is moving in and has a house being built... where I had planted my perfect peach.

Guessing there's nothing I can do? How often do perfect fruit show up?

Marbles

I just downloaded AC.

It's 11.25pm in the UK and all the town shops are closed. I've got nothing but a tent, no bells and there doesn't seem to be anything for me to do.
Any tips for a newbie, or should I just switch it off and restart playing tomorrow?

ZAMtendo

Please add me and my cousin! We are looking for a town to visit as our shops are closed here in the UK! We will add you as soon as you have added us. PM me if you add us, thanks :)

Zam- 0989-2087-7811
Mekz - 2595-0731-0549

Damn, this Shark hunting tour is easy.

You only need to catch 8 for gold and you get 15 medals each time.

So far I got 20 red hibiscus bushes i'm bringing back to the mainland.

These things need to be watered like the normal flowers or can I just plant em and forget about em like trees?

MicH

Just caught two gigantic Oak Silk Moths (330mm). Yup, I'm winning the bug contest tomorrow. I believe this moth is one of the biggest bug, so be sure to catch one for tomorrow! They're out at night and sit on trees. And they're BIG!

Linius

Please add me and my cousin! We are looking for a town to visit as our shops are closed here in the UK! We will add you as soon as you have added us. PM me if you add us, thanks :)

Zam- 0989-2087-7811
Mekz - 2595-0731-0549

It doesn't really help to post this over and over again. If no one adds you, you might engage in conversation a little more :)

I just downloaded AC.

It's 11.25pm in the UK and all the town shops are closed. I've got nothing but a tent, no bells and there doesn't seem to be anything for me to do.
Any tips for a newbie, or should I just switch it off and restart playing tomorrow?

EDIT: Never mind, yeah, wait until tomorrow morning.

ZAMtendo

It doesn't really help to post this over and over again. If no one adds you, you might engage in conversation a little more :)

Actually they do add me, and then people stop playing so I need to add more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom