• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is raining in my town so if anyone wants to join me in my Coelacanth hunt, then you are welcome to join me. I will also be making trips to the island. PM me with friend code to join. My Retail will be open until 2:00am EST tonight.

abundant

Here's my home. I'll be getting an extension tomorrow.

tumblr_moemlkknyx1svi1gfo1_400.jpg

I have an extra of that wallpaper BTW, so if anyone wants to trade, 0087-2710-1612.

So I'm looking to get a watering can from someone who has one to spare. I've already posted my friend code, can someone please walk me through what I need to do from there?
How do I tell if someone has added me? Will I get a prompt in-game? How do I open my gates?

abundant

So I'm looking to get a watering can from someone who has one to spare. I've already posted my friend code, can someone please walk me through what I need to do from there?
How do I tell if someone has added me? Will I get a prompt in-game? How do I open my gates?

Just talk to Isabella and ask for advice. After you do everything she tells you to do, she gives you a watering can.

Just talk to Isabella and ask for advice. After you do everything she tells you to do, she gives you a watering can.

I don't have that option anymore. All I can select when I talk to her are:

- Citizen satisfaction
- Town tune
- Town flag
- Problematic citizens
- Nothing

I see people here who post their friend codes once or twice and they get a ton of people who say they've added them, but I'm not getting a prompt in my game for anyone who has added me? So how do I know if someone has added me or not, if the only way to play with them is by adding each other?

G.O.O.

So I'm new to the game... is there a list of things I can download via QR code or should I just browse the thread ?

(I may add my friend code later, I'm still discovering and I don't want to overload myself with the online stuff right now)

Chuckpebble

Nope, my gf was in my town (online connection) a few hours ago. The owl dude just wished her a nice day.

huh, good to know I guess

its weird tho cause when you talk to blathers in MP I thought he said something like only letting peeps in your town donate or something. Guess I got it wrong

Sadly you can't anymore, it was a feature in other animal crossing games. I used to do it to annoy people like you :3

Is this confirmed somewhere? I was going to suggest that people being unable to donate was due to Blathers being far less annoying in this game. If you have items that are already in the museum he won't let you waste your time trying to donate them anymore. Which is awesome.

I see people here who post their friend codes once or twice and they get a ton of people who say they've added them, but I'm not getting a prompt in my game for anyone who has added me? So how do I know if someone has added me or not, if the only way to play with them is by adding each other?

No prompts in game. All FCs are managed in the OS.
You both must add eachother to know, there is no notification that someone added you, ever.

You both must add eachother to know, there is no notification that someone added you, ever.

So I take it nobody has added me yet, otherwise they would have PM'd me or something? I don't want to keep spamming my friend code in this thread since someone already got told off for posting it twice...

Salsa

the other MP bummer is that names are never displayed above player's heads and such unless they talk

I forget who's who

I have left my 3ds on at the island so I can take for two hours and I'm still light in skin tone. Am I doing something wrong? Why does Nintendo assume that the only people who play their game which is based SOLELY AROUND CUSTOMIZATION are white? Why the hell is it so hard to change my skin tone? Why the hell won't my skin tone darken?

Nintendo doesn't care about customization.

AC should way more customization in everything. Houses, town, gameplay, etc.

abundant

True that there's no notification if someone added you, but if you add them first, then they add you, you'll get a one next time you go to the Friends list.

Meia

So, if I'm following things right, just buy crap from the Abel sisters to open up the hair customization, befriend the one sister to open up the code thing for clothes, and get the second debt paid off as fast as humanly possible for a good start?

You both must add each other to know, there is no notification that someone added you, ever.

If you open the party menu while in a town with others, you can add them as friends right from there (obviously for people you haven't added yet who are visiting). It gives a huge message across the screen that they added you, then you can add them back.

MicH

So, if I'm following things right, just buy crap from the Abel sisters to open up the hair customization, befriend the one sister to open up the code thing for clothes, and get the second debt paid off as fast as humanly possible for a good start?
Also buy everything the Nooklings have for sale. That way the shop upgrades faster

That's the idea, anyway!
Be sure to keep up with your gardening by watering flowers and planting fruits so the garden store opens up, too, since you need it to upgrade the Nooklings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well tomorrow is Saturday so I should have time to venture to someone's town (if they will have me)

While I know this tool is available for aiding pattern designs, I thought Id play around using Photoshop to get the right colours. Took a while to copy the colours into a new colour table but I do get different results.

Also being able to use Photoshop to zoom in and even change one colour to something else so it sticks out against other similar shades makes copying off the screen so much easier.

Can only the mayor of the town visit the island? The kids can't, and I gave one enough money to pay off their house twice as a test and Kapp'n is still not there.

They wouldn't do that would they?

A small PSA for people in the US who are near a Best Buy:

Tomorrow is your second/last chance to be part of the Wii U Experience event.

Why is this relevant to AC:NL?
Because, chances are, there will be plenty of 3DS who are either playing New Leaf while they wait or, at the very least, will have their Streetpass mode on for the Happy Homes feature.

I had 6 street passes, and took advantage of purchasing items from the home models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom