• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Oh man, when you're playing hide-and-seek with the villagers they kinda squirm in their hiding spots and peek out once in a while. It's kinda cute.

Westraid

Guess I may as well post again since I'm not getting anyone replying to me that they have or have not added me, which I'll assume means nobody cares since I don't have any fruit or anything to offer. But just in case: 1719-6262-1272
I have learned now that both somebody else and myself have to add each other and tell the other that they've added each other for this to work properly. But I'm still fuzzy on the details on how to actually add friend codes for Animal Crossing.
What happens when we have added each other? How do I open my gates? Can I ever close my gates? What's to stop people from coming into my town and chopping my trees down and picking up all my flowers?
And I still need a watering can. So I'll pay 5,000 bells for it at this point, since nobody is responding.

Well if you and your friend both have added each other, you can see when either of you have their gates opened.
To open your gate, or visit a friend you go to the train station and talk to Porter, the monkey. It's really simple and self explanatory. You can also get some extra info on the sign next to him.

If you tell him you wish to visit a friend, he will ask if it's a nearby friend (local) or faraway (internet). The game will search for friends who have their gates opened to visitors. You will be able to choose from a list of available towns to visit.

If you want to invite friends open, you get similar dialogue for nearby/faraway.
The games will literally open.

To close your gates again, talk to Porter and tell him to close the gates. If you have a friend in your town, he will stay, but new people can no longer enter.
If you wish to stop the multiplayer completely, press start and choose "End Multiplayer session".

Technically, you cannot stop people from messing up your town, but in general, you will first have to add your friend, and they will have to add you too. The people I've played the game with so far were really nice and polite even though I've never talked to them before, so don't worry too much about your town being messed up. :)

Guess I may as well post again since I'm not getting anyone replying to me that they have or have not added me, which I'll assume means nobody cares since I don't have any fruit or anything to offer. But just in case: 1719-6262-1272
I have learned now that both somebody else and myself have to add each other and tell the other that they've added each other for this to work properly. But I'm still fuzzy on the details on how to actually add friend codes for Animal Crossing.
What happens when we have added each other? How do I open my gates? Can I ever close my gates? What's to stop people from coming into my town and chopping my trees down and picking up all my flowers?
And I still need a watering can. So I'll pay 5,000 bells for it at this point, since nobody is responding.

Your friend code is invalid. Go to your friends list (the orange smiley face box) and go one to the right and there will be a picture of your mii with a crown on it and the top screen will say Friend Code:.

I do need a encyclopedia picture of the Hercules Beetle , but that's a July beetle so unless you time travel. I don't see myself getting that picture anytime soon.

Huh? I've caught a bunch on the island.
tumblr_moetvf5ff91sukkejo1_400.jpg

Unless you mean a different beetle?

antonz

Catching sharks is causing stress! Either I accidentally am fishing for another fish or I run by. The worst is when I get them to bite but am not fast enough to get them. No problem catching fish, just sharks :(

Paid off my second loan(98000) in one day. Fastest I've EVER made any money in an AC game haha.

Sharks are a nice moneymaker but like you said have to be so accurate or you lose them. First time playing AC but it is a blast

Animekatt

Here's a simple Beetle price guide for the island. These prices are what my Re-Tail is buying them at so they should be accurate.

With Wealthy Ordinance

Without Wealthy Ordinance

The Hercules Beetle's price is from the Animal Crossing Wiki site and the Wealthy Ordinance calculation is based off that price. The wiki matches my prices so I'll say it's accurate enough.

I do need a encyclopedia picture of the Hercules Beetle , but that's a July beetle so unless you time travel. I don't see myself getting that picture anytime soon.

Thanks for this list, it will truly be helpful!

OK, it seems that Pascal shows up whenever you pick up a Scallop...?

Is this an everyday thing? Or is he the special visitor for today (no one else showed up today)?

18-Volt

Just got the game. It's just as I remember. But paying off this loan before starting anything will take a while. I've already planted some foreign fruit trees and sold off some bugs. Any idea to make this even faster?

Just tried to add you, but it said the friend code is invalid. Typo, maybe?

Your gates are only open when you've specifically opened them. You can kick everyone out at any time. You just have to trust in people's good will that they won't chop trees or steal flowers.

I'll sell you my watering can for cheaper than that since I have a
gardening store
now.

limlark

tumblr_moet7tsEop1sv134do1_400.jpg

almost there with the modern wood set. Let me know if you have something not pictured here and would like to trade.
I have the modern wood chair. 3480 3868 2820, add me and look for Marley of Kitewind. I just got yours from the spreadsheet.

I had a terrific evening with Limlark today, who designed me a absolutely outstanding jade jacket. The attention to detail put in was just absurd and I appreciate that so much!
We also went to the island and had tons of fun.

Finally paid off my loan on my tent and managed to grab me a tarantula!

Bloody good day!
Damn right I did. Congrats on the tarantula too!

Your friend code is invalid. Go to your friends list (the orange smiley face box) and go one to the right and there will be a picture of your mii with a crown on it and the top screen will say Friend Code:.

Just tried to add you, but it said the friend code is invalid. Typo, maybe?

I put in some fake numbers because I'm still not sure how this works and I don't want all my hard work to be ruined by someone online.
I will PM you my friend code.

zroid

Banned
So, any tips for the Bug Off? I'm not really sure how it works. All I know is size is important, apparently.

Do you just submit one bug, or what? What bugs are best? I have a Horned Hercules and a Birdwing Butterfly stashed, hopefully they will do the trick.

Chopper

So, any tips for the Bug Off? I'm not really sure how it works. All I know is size is important, apparently.

Do you just submit one bug, or what? What bugs are best? I have a Horned Hercules and a Birdwing Butterfly stashed, hopefully they will do the trick.
I think the birdwing will win it for you. In fact, I'm thinking that any big bug from the island will win it.

Unicorn

workin for dat bug off

tumblr_moet4oGaNu1sv134do1_400.jpg

top floor still random as fuck, tryin to make it a game room

tumblr_moet6evEDT1sv134do1_400.jpg

and this show's so good I need 2 tvs

almost there with the modern wood set. Let me know if you have something not pictured here and would like to trade.
Fuck man, I had the modern wood chair and JUST mailed it to one of my neighbors. Could've been a nice replacement for the 99k bells I owe you :(

When does it even start?

Labrys

Finally caught a stupid Golden Stag! Him and his poop-brown colored brother can't get away from me now! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

workin for dat bug off

tumblr_moet4oGaNu1sv134do1_400.jpg

top floor still random as fuck, tryin to make it a game room

tumblr_moet6evEDT1sv134do1_400.jpg

and this show's so good I need 2 tvs

Are you missing a modern wood clock and a modern wood stool? I have those two coming in the mail tomorrow from my Streetpass showcase.

Ugh...so my last trip to the shop put me over my bell limit and Reese lowered my bells to 120k and gave me 99 sacks of bells.

I go and deposit the 120k I have on hand (so I can use the sacks) and they disappeared.

Earlier I took a sack to a friends place and it turned into a 100 bell piece. Am I cursed? :(

Labrys

Ugh...so my last trip to the shop put me over my bell limit and Reese lowered my bells to 120k and gave me 99 sacks of bells.

I go and deposit the 120k I have on hand (so I can use the sacks) and they disappeared.

Earlier I took a sack to a friends place and it turned into a 100 bell piece. Am I cursed? :(

The ones in the sacks count toward your total. All of your money's in your bank, don't worry.
Regarding the 100 bell piece, you may of split it on accident.

Salsa

Fuck man, I had the modern wood chair and JUST mailed it to one of my neighbors. Could've been a nice replacement for the 99k bells I owe you :(

lol

Are you missing a modern wood clock and a modern wood stool? I have those two coming in the mail tomorrow from my Streetpass showcase.

missing both!

I have the modern wood chair. 3480 3868 2820, add me and look for Marley of Kitewind. I just got yours from the spreadsheet.

missing this too!

although I gotta say, a full set is fucking overboard. I have almost everything now and it looks ridiculous hahah

rocketobear

Neo Member
BMwwFDSCYAAREj_.jpg:large

I finally caught a Horned Hercules! I feel accomplished now that I caught both that and a Golden Stag. :)

Still looking for ACNL buddies! I have peaches as my native fruit and my friend code is 2251-4548-4992 (please don't run in my town or trample my flowers!). PM me or quote if you added me, please.

Anyone not care for my tarantula accomplishment?!

Yay! Congrats!

Maximus.

Sharks are a nice moneymaker but like you said have to be so accurate or you lose them. First time playing AC but it is a blast

Yea i know! its driving me nuts! I like to donate my first finds to the museum, but good to know they sell for a good amount!

mandiller

I just got the game (Australia). Can I visit someone else's town? I want to try out the multiplayer and also buy some tools/fruit etc. My town has oranges if you want me to bring some with.

My friend code is: 2277-6655-8439

Animekatt

Go grab the URL and use it to post the image here.

I'm thinking of starting a Tumblr just as an image repository so I don't have to litter my Twitter feed.

That's what I ended up doing.

I wish we could select more than one pic at a time when we upload them. I have tons of pics that I took across two days, and I still need to put them on my tumblr. :/

Chopper

Go grab the URL and use it to post the image here.

I'm thinking of starting a Tumblr just as an image repository so I don't have to litter my Twitter feed.
I think I might do that too...

Copy the image url and paste it here like any other image.
Yeah. My broadband speed/iPad 1 combo makes that a bigger ball-ache than it should be. Still, better than plugging my SD card into my non-existent PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom