• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

is anyone with no access to the island dying to get bugs for the bug-off or something? I can open my gates

i'd say that for those that already have access its kinda pointless to join since it becomes harder the more people there
Okay I'll be in your town in a few minutes.

zroid

Banned
Okay. So the best method is through trading right? Do you need to set up a time to meet in someone's game to trade? Game hasn't familiarized me with (yet) how the online component works.

If you only have a few friends, then yeah you might need to plan it out in advance. But if you've added a bunch of people from the spreadsheet, there's a good chance there'll be someone online with their gates open (which means accepting visitors) at any time, and you can just drop right in and take what's yours. :3

Satoshi invited me over again! We went shopping so I got to see all the fully-upgraded stores. Three-story Nooklings with Gracie Grace on the third floor was crazy, haha.

I snagged a wall-mounted pot set, a K.K. Slider album (forgot which one), a megaphone, and a timer.
Didn't visit Shampoodle since she wanted to show me her museum which was expanded and the upper floor rooms were literally just storerooms for her items.
One room per type of clothing (hats, shoes, shirts, etc.)

tumblr_mof7f2uTgv1sukkejo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mof7lmmhqP1sukkejo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mof7mp1jaA1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Maybe cause im playing it at 2am or something but right at the start im stuck. The girl tells me to go chat up the towns folk but they are all asleep right now.

Pikma

Banned
At laaaaaast, my copy shipped :D!
See you guys next monday! :3

Maybe cause im playing it at 2am or something but right at the start im stuck. The girl tells me to go chat up the towns folk but they are all asleep right now.
Yeah, unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that right now, you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning. You can do other things though. :)

Man I'm super bummed that I'm working nearly the entire time of the Bug Off tomorrow, I would have really liked to earn a handful of that bug furniture!

Ah well, there's always next time. And I'll totally see if I can't grab a few pieces during my breaks.

Gun Animal

I can't decide between "Night Owl" and "Wealthy." What are the actual effects of all the ordinances? Also, what do I need to do to meet my old pal K.K. Slider one more time?

pariah164

I can't decide between "Night Owl" and "Wealthy." What are the actual effects of all the ordinances? Also, what do I need to do to meet my old pal K.K. Slider one more time?

Club LOL and the Cafe are both ways to meet KK again. The cafe is a public works project, and I THINK Club LOL is an automatic thing.

Wealthy or Bell Boom means just that: items are sold for more bells than normal, but the items you SELL also go for more bells than normal.

Night owl means residents and shops will be around and close later. Most notably, Re-Tail is open till 2 AM.

Early Bird is for morning gamers: shops and residents are around and open earlier.

The last ordinance is for wildlife. Weeds rarely grow and flowers never wilt.

At laaaaaast, my copy shipped :D!
See you guys next monday! :3

Yeah, unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that right now, you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning. You can do other things though. :)

Only thing I seem to be able to do is collect things but my pockets are full already. I plan to mostly play at night while at work so I hope this doesn't block me in the future.

Second day: Unfortunately, all Nooklings had in stock were the Bug Net and Shovel again, and I still need at least a fishing rod. Luckily, I got some good gifts from my villagers (for resale) and some really nice bug catches (multiple RB Butterflies), so I was able to pay off my loan and get the first expansion for tomorrow. I was also able to raise my rating up to 100%. And I caught a bee (after I remembered the strategy from past games)!

FC: 1934-1958-0125
Name: Zero
Town: Crescent
Local Fruit: Cherries

EDIT: D'oh, I should've realized sooner the common meaning of LF ("looking for"), as I meant Local Fruit.

Gun Animal

Wealthy or Bell Boom means just that: items are sold for more bells than normal, but the items you SELL also go for more bells than normal.

Does wealthy change the price of your home or public works? If not, that seems like the best choice since All I'm doing at this point is fishing and paying those things off.

Busaiku

Second day: Unfortunately, all Nooklings had in stock were the Bug Net and Shovel again, and I still need at least a fishing rod. Luckily, I got some good gifts from my villagers (for resale) and some really nice bug catches (multiple RB Butterflies), so I was able to pay off my loan and get the first expansion for tomorrow. I was also able to raise my rating up to 100%. And I caught a bee (after I remembered the strategy from past games)!

Doesn't Isabelle sell you the stuff?
She sold me a Bug Net, since I couldn't get it from the Nooklings (and you had the option of choosing the tutorial for bug catching or fishing).

Doesn't Isabelle sell you the stuff?
She sold me a Bug Net, since I couldn't get it from the Nooklings (and you had the option of choosing the tutorial for bug catching or fishing).

I foolishly picked the Bug Catching option, even though I had already bought a bug net from Nooklings. I didn't realize that I missed my chance to get a fishing rod from Isabelle until I saw the "I can't buy a net!" option. Plus, I incorrectly assumed that the fishing rod segment would be next, so I was quite shocked when Isabelle announced that the tutorial was over after I turned in my bug encyclopedia entries.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I foolishly picked the Bug Catching option, even though I already bought a bug net from Nooklings. I didn't realize that I missed my chance to get a fishing rod from Isabelle until I saw the "I can't buy a net!" option.
I can give you a free rod if you want.

exfatal

Only thing I seem to be able to do is collect things but my pockets are full already. I plan to mostly play at night while at work so I hope this doesn't block me in the future.

yea starting at night doesn't give u much to do right away but after a bit you'll be able to set it so your town folks stay up later. so being a late player wont have that much of a negative effect on ya

Forkball

Here are a few pictures of the Japanese girl's town I visited. They really do not do it justice, you have to walk around it to appreciate it. There were rows filled with chocolate colored roses, gardens and other paths, and even wonderfully designed areas like a little section with a hammock and four peach trees near it.

And I thought my campsite was cool.

Also for the bug contest, try to submit crappy bugs first so you get more items. Color seems really important, and even something as common as a tiger butterfly netted more points than I expected. I currently have an 87 point Orchid Mantis in first place (catch it on white flowers at the island).

well I confirmed it... your alone tortimer island saves all that happens to it (in my case I cut the trees down and not happy bout it), and going to club tortimer online wont reset it...

:(

Salsa

well I confirmed it... your alone tortimer island saves all that happens to it (in my case I cut the trees down and not happy bout it), and going to club tortimer online wont reset it...

just plant new shit

also cutting down trees is good, same amount of beetles will spawn in the remaining trees, so less places to look for

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not sure if posted but just noticed on nintendo facebook page they indicated New Leaf has sold over 200k copies in US already

To be honest, I sort of expected even more? There seems to be buzz in a real big way around it.

Whenever I go through this thread I can't help but think how much I'd love a spoiler free Animal Crossing thread, but then I realized that would be pretty much worthless because everything there is to share about this game pretty much is a spoiler.

It's a game entirely of "you can do that?!" and "that things exists?! I want it!"

Unicorn

Isn't ruined. Plant stuff you nab from the tour mini-games and treat it like a mini extension of your town. (hybrid grow flowers remotely, grow fruit to harvest, etc)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Here are a few pictures of the Japanese girl's town I visited. They really do not do it justice, you have to walk around it to appreciate it. There were rows filled with chocolate colored roses, gardens and other paths, and even wonderfully designed areas like a little section with a hammock and four peach trees near it.

Holy CRAP, this is impressive! :eek:

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Also for the bug contest, try to submit crappy bugs first so you get more items. Color seems really important, and even something as common as a tiger butterfly netted more points than I expected. I currently have an 87 point Orchid Mantis in first place (catch it on white flowers at the island).

Wow, that's just incredible stuff. I have no ambition to do shit like that, and I'm still jealous lol

On another note, had a fun time Seraphis Cain and a non-GAF friend doing tours etc on the island. Also, sorry Buppu (dunno your GAF name offhand), it was just bad timing on your part when you joined! I'll try to catch you some other time

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wow, that's just incredible stuff. I have no ambition to do shit like that, and I'm still jealous lol

On another note, had a fun time Seraphis Cain and a non-GAF friend doing tours etc on the island. Also, sorry Buppu (dunno your GAF name offhand), it was just bad timing on your part when you joined! I'll try to catch you some other time

Seconded, had a great time! :D

Okay, hold on, I need to get out of the island; just leave your gate open and I'll pop by in about 2 min.

0103-9461-9036 Just in case because I'm actually not on the list.

Thanks again for the fishing rod! It will definitely come in handy, as I can start collecting fish tonight! As for the cherries, my apologies, I realize now that I used the incorrect acronym, I meant "Local Fruit." I will plant them though, and try to add more greenery to my town.

pariah164

Holy BALLS. Then again... Japan, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Looking at the list of bugs, the Orchid Mantis is actually a "C" tier bug, but you likely got a really big one. I have my bugs all sorted out by the order I want to turn them in.

For E rank, got a few wharf roaches, a ton of Fruit Beetles, then some Common/Yellow Butterflies.
For D Rank, I have Tiger Butterflies, Darner Dragonflies, and Fireflies.
For C Rank, I have an Emporor Butterfly, some Laturn Flies, Horned Dynastids, a Miyama stag.
For B Rank, I have Cyclommatus Stag, Goliath Beetle, and Horned Elephants, and a Birdwing Butterfly.

Didn't find any A rank stuff, but I'm sure something from B could get 100 points. I may hold onto the bulk of my B bugs to just sell off if I can get something high in the first few attempts.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks again for the fishing rod! It will definitely come in handy, as I can start collecting fish tonight! As for the cherries, my apologies, I realize now that I used the incorrect acronym, I meant "Local Fruit." I will plant them though, and try to add more greenery to my town.
Ahaha, I always see "Looking For".
Oh well, they were just laying around.

Forkball

Looking at the list of bugs, the Orchid Mantis is actually a "C" tier bug, but you likely got a really big one. I have my bugs all sorted out by the order I want to turn them in.

For E rank, got a few wharf roaches, a ton of Fruit Beetles, then some Common/Yellow Butterflies.
For D Rank, I have Tiger Butterflies, Darner Dragonflies, and Fireflies.
For C Rank, I have an Emporor Butterfly, some Laturn Flies, Horned Dynastids, a Miyama stag.
For B Rank, I have Cyclommatus Stag, Goliath Beetle, and Horned Elephants, and a Birdwing Butterfly.

Didn't find any A rank stuff, but I'm sure something from B could get 100 points. I may hold onto the bulk of my B bugs to just sell off if I can get something high in the first few attempts.
YOU'RE A C-TIER POSTER.

Don't get too excited about the prizes though, most of the prizes he gives you are junk (I got an ugly couch and a traffic cone), but the 80+ point prize is unique and pretty nice. You might get lucky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom