• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_kill

Just got the game, but it's nearly night time here in my part of the world. Should I start tomorrow morning instead or are there things to do on your first night?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
YOU'RE A C-TIER POSTER.

Don't get too excited about the prizes though, most of the prizes he gives you are junk (I got an ugly couch and a traffic cone), but the 80+ point prize is unique and pretty nice. You might get lucky though.

I will get all the crappy prizes, then put them in my crappy prize room!

Woops. Wrong thread... but yeah, this game is great. Amazing how quickly some people are advancing their towns. I feel like I'm in the stone age in comparison

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is getting a villager's picture the same as other versions? As in, talking to them a ton, sending tons of letters, etc.

I need Bob's picture. Yesterday.

Was fishing for a bit and caught three Aruwanas in a row, so I thought these were pretty common. Turns out these are rare and 10k a piece... awesome! Must have been a RNG screwup I guess...

Delio

YOU'RE A C-TIER POSTER.

Don't get too excited about the prizes though, most of the prizes he gives you are junk (I got an ugly couch and a traffic cone), but the 80+ point prize is unique and pretty nice. You might get lucky though.

So if I go at him with a Golden Stag from the start I should be fine right?

Forkball

So if I go at him with a Golden Stag from the start I should be fine right?

Well you will easily get the 80+ prize, but you get a prize every time you beat the first place score, so ideally you want to do it gradually so you get more items. But the non-80+ prizes are probably lame.

ramyeon

So why are people cheating the bug off by getting bugs from the island? Sounds like it takes the fun out of it to me.

I managed to win with a 92 point Raja B. Butterfly I caught in the village, it's not like it takes long either.

Salsa

So why are people cheating the bug off by getting bugs from the island? Sounds like it takes the fun out of it to me.

lol the length some people go with this stuff

the island is in the game. No one's cheating. I mean there's people time travelling here, complain to those

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's here! :D My first AC game. I am looking forward to it! My FC: 0688-6236-9566.

321.jpg

ramyeon

lol the length some people go with this stuff

the island is in the game. No one's cheating. I mean there's people time travelling here, complain to those
Relax man, I'm not complaining. I'm genuinely asking since it seems more fun to compete rather than be guaranteed a win.

Socreges

Banned
Here are a few pictures of the Japanese girl's town I visited. They really do not do it justice, you have to walk around it to appreciate it. There were rows filled with chocolate colored roses, gardens and other paths, and even wonderfully designed areas like a little section with a hammock and four peach trees near it.

And I thought my campsite was cool.

Also for the bug contest, try to submit crappy bugs first so you get more items. Color seems really important, and even something as common as a tiger butterfly netted more points than I expected. I currently have an 87 point Orchid Mantis in first place (catch it on white flowers at the island).
That's actually a bit disturbing.

Labrys

are you guys giving a fuck about feng shui this time around?

these are still the patterns AFAIK

4x4.gif

6x6.gif

Guess I don't know everything about this game. What exactly does it mean? Just place items of those colors in those areas in the house? If so, what do the green triangles and the white squares mean?

Salsa

Guess I don't know everything about this game. What exactly does it mean? Just place items of those colors in those areas in the house? If so, what do the green triangles and the white squares mean?

There's a luck system in the game. Some items are lucky, some clothes are lucky, and the way you place certain colored items in your house affects luck as well. Only some items really apply and for those that's still the pattern, yeah.

The people who are constantly "tripping" are doing so because they have bad luck, aka bad furniture placement in their house.

It's not that important really. Try to not have shit facing walls either. The "rules" beyond the patterns are very much real life feng shui stuff.

Labrys

There's a luck system in the game. Some items are lucky, some clothes are lucky, and the way you place certain colored items in your house affects luck as well. Only some items really apply and for those that's still the pattern, yeah.

The people who are constantly "tripping" are doing so because they have bad luck, aka bad furniture placement in their house.

it's not that important really

Oh, gotcha. I knew about luck but I never knew furniture has to do with it.
I haven't tripped (I don't really run), and I rarely change clothes so I guess I have good luck, heh.

Salsa

Oh, gotcha. I knew about luck but I never knew furniture has to do with it.
I haven't tripped (I don't really run), and I rarely change clothes so I guess I have good luck, heh.

it's not a good or bad thing as much as it is a gradient, basically the more of this stuff you do the more luck you get

but yeah it's a level of the game that you can just not care about and you won't be missing much

ramyeon

Can anyone else playing the Australian version of the game confirm/deny that the photo sharing website Nintendo set up doesn't work here? It just tells me that the site doesn't exist.

Is there any alternative? My SD card reader is broken on my computer.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
it's not a good or bad thing as much as it is a gradient, basically the more of this stuff you do the more luck you get

but yeah it's a level of the game that you can just not care about and you won't be missing much

Does luck go beyond tripping?

Can I min max some perfect fruit out of this system?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

It's not that important really. Try to not have shit facing walls either. The "rules" beyond the patterns are very much real life feng shui stuff.

Feng Shui, in AC?

Holy shit. Tom Nook is evil.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
BMyXzvzCAAA_Ia8.jpg

Just got the game today.

I was given a... loom? I might be living in a tent, but I'm not that rustic!

That's really cool.

I hope you enjoy playing this! I'm having lots of fun myself, though I need to wait half an hour right now to do anything...

Oh, and by the way guys. The game tells specifically if your'e TTing now.
tumblr_moetdog4kr1rnm60lo1_400.jpg

(pic from Tumblr)

Oh... Good!

It should also change your name to TIMETRAVELLER Link's Awakening style.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
cujQ7YP.jpg

Oh bloody hell, Isabelle.
The bug-off can bug off.

I have awesome Mayor things to do.
Take note of the tea and papers. Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom