• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

Note to self: Don't talk to villagers while they're in the middle of "catching" insects during the Bug-Off :p

Haha...Yeah I made my first enemy today!
HNI_0011.JPG

Grizzo

Note to self: Don't talk to villagers while they're in the middle of "catching" insects during the Bug-Off :p

Did you see them trying to sneak up on bugs and catch them ? That looks adorable. But they never did try to catch it, they just walk slowly towards it, getting ready to do it and then walk away :(

Grizzo

I can't start any community project or select an ordinance because of the bug-off. Isabelle keeps telling to go outside and seize the day. I want to tell her that I already won (well as far as I'm aware of).

Yes, a dock. In English pontoon is a floatation device that can be used to support something heavy like a boat or a dock.

Thanks ! I just googled that and well I see what you mean now. Maybe I could have used the word "pier" instead.

Westraid

I can't start any community project or select an ordinance because of the bug-off. Isabelle keeps telling to go outside and seize the day. I want to tell her that I already won (well as far as I'm aware of).
Same. I was really looking forward to that mayor stuff.
I got up extra early, sat down on my mayor chair and she tells me to go play outside. :(

Forkball

Can I only enter Towns of people on ny friendslist that has their gate open? I thought I read you could visit anyone or was that only in that dream mode?

Yes. I think there is something called Dream Plaza where you can upload a copy of your town for others to visit. That's not unlocked for NA players yet unless you are a time travelling cheater. You do get access to Club Tortimer on the island, which allows you to play with people not on your friends list at the island.

Grizzo

Vous n'avez pas gagné jusqu'à ce que le jeu est terminé.

Well yeah you're right, but I don't think any villager is gonna beat my score. I'm not bragging about it, I just brought a rare bug from the island. But I'd like to be proved otherwise ! Come on neigbours, bring it on :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Second day, still figuring out the basic stuff. Won the bug competition, and got my house up. Will be readybfor visits / trading stuff soon.

I dont get the meaning of sending letters to the villagers yet, but I do it anyway...

Jofamo

I started up my new game and was excited to see a single perfect cherry on one of my trees. But because this is my first AC, I didn't know how to bury it and I accidentally ate it instead :(

Do they just randomly grow on trees or did I just seriously fuck up? I'm on day 2 now, but no fruit has grown back on any of my trees. How long do they take to grow?

Nightz

I started up my new game and was excited to see a single perfect cherry on one of my trees. But because this is my first AC, I didn't know how to bury it and I accidentally ate it instead :(

Do they just randomly grow on trees or did I just seriously fuck up? I'm on day 2 now, but no fruit has grown back on any of my trees. How long do they take to grow?

Fruits take 3 days to grow. Perfect fruits grow randomly.

Grizzo

3 days ! Don't worry you'll find another one sooner or later. Better luck next time ! :D

They randomly grow! Fruit takes three days from picking to grow back. No worries!

Sleepy

Well yeah you're right, but I don't think any villager is gonna beat my score. I'm not bragging about it, I just brought a rare bug from the island. But I'd like to be proved otherwise ! Come on neigbours, bring it on :D

Yeah, the villagers will always get screwed: No island access. Though I might throw one contest to let the villagers feel like they matter.

Tenck

Second day, still figuring out the basic stuff. Won the bug competition, and got my house up. Will be readybfor visits / trading stuff soon.

I dont get the meaning of sending letters to the villagers yet, but I do it anyway...

Sometimes the animals send you presents if you mail them things. One day I decided to mail 5 letters and all but one animal responded back with presents attached.

SmithnCo

Bug-Off time!

BMznGIlCEAAy26_.jpg

I think this is the highest score I'll get.

BMznM-iCQAIlG1P.jpg

I managed to get five bug furniture items and the rug. I got an extra snail clock though, which I can trade for someone else's extra.

Gartooth

Got 85 points, feeling secure right now since the runner-up is at only 28 points. :p

Though I might have to log in in a couple hours to defend my title.

I don't have my bug catching competition for another hour. Fortunately, I went out to my island and caught a bunch of beetles. Notably a goliath beetle. Hopefully that's worth a lot.

WatTsu

OK, I just got this yesterday to see what all the fuss is about. I'm in the bug hunt and the best I've been able to do is like 53 points.

How are you guys getting to the Island, or is it just something I can't do yet? I'm still living in a tent, down by the river.

Sendou

DELI IS MOVING OUT!

BeFunky_Delhi_da_Monkey.jpg

Don't let the train run you over on the way out.

How long does it take for a citizen to move out? I've been smashing some bunny with net everytime I see her and she still thinks it's a good idea to stay around.

How are you guys getting to the Island, or is it just something I can't do yet? I'm still living in a tent, down by the river.

Takes a day or two before Tortimer appears by docks and when you talk to him he lets you know that you can take a boat to the island the next day.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm finding it easier to see the 3D on the 3DS XL than the normal 3DS. I kept hearing that the 3DS XL is harder to see it, guess not.

Westraid

I finally managed to catch a weird shadow in the river. Was about to ask you guys about it because I couldn't manage to catch it, but it turned out to be a diving beetle.
First one though, so this one's going to the museum rather than to Nat's stomach.

DELI IS MOVING OUT!

BeFunky_Delhi_da_Monkey.jpg

Don't let the train run you over on the way out.
Are you serious? He looks super cute!

Razorskin

----- ------
I have a villager, the first day after getting his stuff out of boxes, he tells me he's moving out. And the dude has like an 55 point bug in the contest, not way in hell I'm letting him snatch the trophy and leave.

Okay, so Cyrus woke up and I customized my first piece of furniture!
Only certain pieces are eligible so I used my modern wood bed.

He gave me lots of options, like using a custom pattern/design or even a shirt pattern to apply to the sheets, and gave two options to customize the look of the wood.

In addition to patterns, I could choose default textures to apply, like argyle, which I chose.
It cost very little, under 300 Bells, and took 30 minutes to complete.

tumblr_mofvycUh9C1sukkejo1_400.jpg

I haven't used any gems yet, since they only apply to certain furniture, (Emeralds on green furniture, etc.) and gold gems are used to create their own series of furniture.

Linius

Maaaan, I hate you Nat. I thought let's give him my Birdwing Butterfly. The first thing he said was that it was on the small side for a birdwing. Then he said the colors were shit to him and rated it 65 poins. Nat pls

I should have just sold it for 3000 bells, it was not worth it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom