• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

tumblr_modua0rHDO1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Just curious how you were able to get a zoomed-out view like that? Seems more distant than normal.

Press Up on the dpad. If you idle, it will also do it automatically.

Gonna upload more pictures soon. I love this feature and Animal Crossing is the perfect game for it.

SuperSah

Banned
I don't have time to see the review right now, but in the town I just visited, I send letters to everyone (animals + human) and let a message on the billboard. It seems good enough for me, no?

You CAN send mail to people as long as you send in their post office.
Awkward, but it's there.

Thinking about getting this game.

I've played AC on the Gamecube, so I'm not a virgin to the series. My question: How accurately does the game depict the nuances of micro and macro management? I'm not asking in terms of realism, but specifically fundamental balance? For instance, I know we're dealing with apples, fishes, and butterflies here as opposed to stocks and insurance, but within the framework of the apples/fishes/butterflies is the game economically sound?

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Hey chaps, hit me up!

FC: 0731-4901-7583

I'm only on my 2nd day in the town so it's pretty barren. I have apples. Will have gates open for the next couple of hours, let me know if you add me!

Need cherries. Ill give you a cornucopia of fruit :)

5429 7169 3143

Added you, my man.

K' Dash

ALREADY TAKEN by Resistance100

I need 1 gaffer who's just starting Animal Crossing to give him:

-lychee
-peach
-orange
-lemon
-cherry
-pear
-banana
-mango
-coconut

One of each so you lucky dastard can plant them in your town and have that exotic paradise look.

PM me if interested.

The grass in my town is withering fast... everything is turning brown and I've only had the game for a week. Do I need to plant a shitload of flowers or something to fix this problem?

The grass in my town is withering fast... everything is turning brown and I've only had the game for a week. Do I need to plant a shitload of flowers or something to fix this problem?

Yes, planting trees and flowers can help aid it and it'll grow back much faster, though its important not to run on grass at all it seems. Makes get around a pinch slower, but isn't as frustrating as i'd have thought.

Maaaan, I hate you Nat. I thought let's give him my Birdwing Butterfly. The first thing he said was that it was on the small side for a birdwing. Then he said the colors were shit to him and rated it 65 poins. Nat pls

I should have just sold it for 3000 bells, it was not worth it :lol

I hate him too. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he would want to eat the entries. He's worse than Redd!

Anyway, my Oak Silk Moth seems to have the top spot for the moment [115 points], especially since my rainbow stag, giant stag, and hercules stag can't seem to trounce it. Weird.

Beforehand, I handed two more entries. Together, I got a donut stool, blue clock, and caterpillar sofa.

SmithnCo

I shouldn't have sold all my beetles, could've pawned them off in other town's bug-offs.

It doesn't affect the placings since you don't live there, but apparently you can get more furniture out of it.

Turned in Cyclommatus Stag for 113 points. Is it safe to say I'll probably win? Do I get more pieces of furniture if I turn in more bugs or does my score lower if I turn in a lower score bug?

SmithnCo

Turned in Cyclommatus Stag for 113 points. Is it safe to say I'll probably win? Do I get more pieces of furniture if I turn in more bugs or does my score lower if I turn in a lower score bug?

You get more for higher point bugs. Your score doesn't lower so you're safe to submit more.

Razorskin

----- ------

Every time you submit a new bug above your high score now, youll get a piece of furniture, but youre already quite high and should easily win the bug off.

I got 4 pieces and hope to get the rest next month.

This bug hunt is driving me insane. The best score I got was an Agrias Butterfly worth 98 points...nothing else that's any good is even spawning.

Any tricks? Hints?

If you've unlocked the island, go there, a lot of good bugs are there and pretty common.

Don't have the island yet. Worst part is? I found a Birdwing Butterfly on my first night playing.

I donated it to the museum. :[

I feel like the evaluation is randomly generated, or determined by how many times you give a particular bug, I guess?

I don't know. I've been catching a lot of Tiger Butterflies and dragonflies, and their point values are pretty much the same every time.

Westraid

Phew, my Emperor Butterfly worth 112 points won me the first prize. I thought a Raja butterfly would beat it, so I sent the smaller one of two I caught, but it only got 62 points.
Decided to just stop sending more bugs to their deaths after that.

exfatal

traded in my golden stag for 145 points i think im good for now. All i need now is an Axe so i can start shaping this place up :p damn store finally opens and aren't even selling it :(

Mudo

Ok so this Bug-Off - I've been saving bugs for the last few days and I go grab what I THINK are the "worst" of my bunch - common butterflies, grasshoppers, moths and 1 firefly. Since fireflies are so common I figured they would be low points. I gave it to the guy first, and it's apparently huge, vibrant etc and I got 81 points for it?! Please don't tell me the max score is 100 because I'm screwed out of some gifts if so :/

Thinking about getting this game.

I've played AC on the Gamecube, so I'm not a virgin to the series. My question: How accurately does the game depict the nuances of micro and macro management? I'm not asking in terms of realism, but specifically fundamental balance? For instance, I know we're dealing with apples, fishes, and butterflies here as opposed to stocks and insurance, but within the framework of the apples/fishes/butterflies is the game economically sound?
Mate, it's Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom