• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Whoo, just got 111 points for that big ass moth. Do you guys think turning in a Birdwing Butterfly nets me even more points? Otherwise I rather sell it, it's worth 3000 bells after all :p

So, a sapphire came out of the rock I broke. Does it serve any purpose?

Also, why are all these cool bugs. My town seems void of anything neat.

magnetic

Funny little detail - if you wear a skirt you run around with your hands in the air like a little schoolgirl. But with pants you run like a quarterback, even with a female avatar!

Can male avatars wear skirts as well? For a little crossdressing?

Salsa

btw Katie showed up in my town. It was pretty amazing to see her grown up and not crying lol. I took her to Kuntz's town, now im hoping she mails me a reward.

Nopren

Funny little detail - if you wear a skirt you run around with your hands in the air like a little schoolgirl. But with pants you run like a quarterback, even with a female avatar!

Can male avatars wear skirts as well? For a little crossdressing?

Yes. Yes they can.
tumblr_mofrwfMdt51s2wmmqo1_400.jpg

DedValve

Banned
Anyone up for bug hunting with me? Would be pretty cool to have a few people to run around with and see who wins :)

New Yorker here. PM me.

I found a gold nugget. I'm holding on to this one...

Gvaz

Banned
Currently my bug is an Argiras Butterfly @ 90 points. I can't do any better :|

also this is the SECOND time in the past day I caught a flea off Tutu. You fuckin slob.

Sleepy

Crap. I messed up in the Bug Hunt. I submitted the Birdwing Butterfly before the Horned Atlas and the Horned Elephant. I got some cool stuff, but I wanted to get as much as I could from that bug-thief, Nat.

I also got my first badge today: Letter Writing. I feel like such a dork.

rouken

So... does this mean Horned Hercules are better than Birdwings? Birdwings are way bigger technically, but I suppose it's beating it on other merits. Hmm...

Hercules is better than the birdwing if there were no multipliers applied. But once the size and the color factor in on the score, any big-ass butterfly, moth, tarantula or beetle you have can easily go 130+ points.

Linius

Hercules is better than the birdwing if there were no multipliers applied. But once the size and the color factor in on the score, any big-ass butterfly, moth, tarantula or beetle you have can easily go 130+ points.

My moth got 111 points. Still have a Birdwing butterfly in my pocket though. But I guess no villager will go over 111.

Here's how I keep track of my orchards:

tumblr_mofs4qOhH51qce22ro1_400.jpg

Also, just rearranged my house to attempt some feng shui:

tumblr_mofs251iGV1qce22ro1_400.jpg

...following Lyle's instructions:

tumblr_mofs3ijpsN1qce22ro1_400.jpg

It's funny to imagine Lyle and Nook stuck in that building together all day. I can't imagine they get along all that well.

Linius

What's the recommended order for submitting bugs from the island? I have around 6 different species I caught.

I would always start with some more reglular onces like the tiger butterfly or monarch butterfly and build up from there.

I've done emperor butterfly > agria butterfly > oak silk moth.

Just went to the island for the first time, and oh my god the song that the Kapp'n sings is goddamn hilarious. This game is charming as fuck.
Can I catch these crazy bugs you guys are referring to on the island and bring them back for the bug catching contest?

DedValve

Banned
I traded in a peackock butterfly but am still holding on to my emporer since currently it's my largest at 143.9 mm

I wonder if I did good...

clem84

Gold Member
I'm not sure if I did something to screw up my game. Last night, just out of curiosity, I changed my 3DS' date to 2 years in the future, just to see what would happen. One of my villagers saw me and said something like "Woah... where have you been???". I thought that was funny. Anyway, after that I turned my 3DS off without saving. But this morning when I started my game, before heading into town I received a message from resseti(???) and he told me that I left my last play session without saving and he asked me why. I said because I ran out of battery. He said something like, be careful in the future. Anyway, then when I walked around my village I noticed that all the trees were full of fruits and there were flowers and grass everywhere, way more then last night... Like a long time had passed. Did I screw something up???

I'm not sure if I did something to screw up my game. Last night, just out of curiosity, I changed my 3DS' date to 2 years in the future, just to see what would happen. One of my villagers saw me and said something like "Woah... where have you been???". I thought that was funny. Anyway, after that I turned my 3DS off without saving. But this morning when I started my game, before heading into town I received a message from resseti(???) and he told me that I left my last play session without saving and he asked me why. I said because I ran out of battery. He said something like, be careful in the future. Anyway, then when I walked around my village I noticed that all the trees were full of fruits and there were flowers and grass everywhere, way more then last night... Like a long time had passed. Did I screw something up???

That's what happens when a mayor ditches his town for 2 years.
I doubt you screwed anything up though, the game kinda runs on the 3DS time and date, so I guess you just sped some of the processes up.

CoolZombie

Would anyone here with an animal crossing registration code for club nintendo, be interested in parting with it? Forgot to change my region to UK before I bought the digital version, and now it doesn't seem to count toward my "So many games! promotion". Might have something in my steam inventory I could trade for it.
Or you could get my Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion code for it.

You can have mine. I'll PM you when I get home from work shortly :)

Linius

I traded in a peackock butterfly but am still holding on to my emporer since currently it's my largest at 143.9 mm

I wonder if I did good...

It doesn't really matter, the agria is usually smaller than the emperor but yet it did better. Because it had magnificent colors and it's rarer to find.

rouken

What's the recommended order for submitting bugs from the island? I have around 6 different species I caught.

go for small beetle, like cyclommatus beetle or saw stag, just to barely pass through the 1st place spot. I think it was 86 points in my town. Once you got first place, submit the more bigger insects. If you have a goliath beetle, horned atlas, oil moth, birdwing, horned hercules, golden stag, submit it last as those bugs can easily get your score to 100+ making it hard for you to pass through the score you attained.

Alrus

Bought the game last night on whim (stupid e-shop making me even more prone to impulsive purchases >.>) and started playing a bit. Couldn't do much as it was 5 am and everyone was asleep...

Today I caught some Raja Butterfly which gave me enough point to get a special carpet (than I can't use because my house isn't built yet) then ran around picking up thing in order to pay my first down payment.

I'd like to improve my approval rating among the citizen but all they're talking about is the bug-off so I guess I'll have to wait till it's over.

I guess I've done everything I could right now with the stuff I have (still missing a fishing rod), so I'll just stop playing until the bug-off is over.

daakusedo

I don't remember how to catch bees.
When the hive drop I run, equip the net and wait for bees to be visible on the screen but they sting me while the move is in the middle of its course, maybe I have to trigger the action instantly after equipping the net even if I still don't see the bees?

zroid

Banned
OHHHHHHHHHHH I get it now. The "size" factor isn't based on the overall size of the bug, but rather how big it is relative to other bugs of its species. At least, this is what I understand after reading a guide.

That makes sense. Problem is I don't remember which of my bugs are biggest. I don't suppose there's a way to check a bug's size after it's been caught? I couldn't figure out how to do it earlier.

So I forgot to turn off my 3DS Wi-Fi when I went to the store last night to pick up The Last of Us and my battery died. Poor Mr. Resetti's been made redundant. :[

Linius

OHHHHHHHHHHH I get it now. The "size" factor isn't based on the overall size of the bug, but rather how big it is relative to other bugs of its species. At least, this is what I understand after reading a guide.

That makes sense. Problem is I don't remember which of my bugs are biggest. I don't suppose there's a way to check a bug's size after it's been caught? I couldn't figure out how to do it earlier.

That's right. And it annoys me that you can't check your bugs after you stocked them. You gotta have a system of putting them away in your bag so you know which one you've caught and write down the size. But that is a lot of work :p

clem84

Gold Member
That's what happens when a mayor ditches his town for 2 years.
I doubt you screwed anything up though, the game kinda runs on the 3DS time and date, so I guess you just sped some of the processes up.

OK I forgot to mention that after resseting the game, I changed the date back to 2 years before (today) so that my experience wouldn't be changed. I thought I could go on like nothing happened. I suspect that the game knows I did it but I'm not 100% sure. I find it odd that there's grass everywhere and the trees are all full of fruits. What I don't get is that none of my villagers have said anything about my leaving for 2 years... I'm not sure what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom